Yet another new rider on a big wheel

Maartenv

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Congratulations.

Whether a learner wheel is best, or getting the forever wheel right away is best, depends on the rider and people should follow their intuition there. Some people want the one thing, some the other. I'm strongly in your camp - all in!:D

Gotways have no such function that I know of. You just have to set your tiltback speed to a different value or switch tiltback off.

This may be a little confusing to @Maartenv. What Meep means is that Gotway has no safety features that turn off after you've accumulated a certain number of miles.

From the factory, tilt-back is set rather low. You need to connect your phone to the wheel and set the tilt-back to your desired speed.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

will done on the learning progress ,you've probably watched that many videos that you'd mastered it in your head 😊 don't get to confident to quick always watch for bumps and pot holes , keep it up look forward to hearing more 👍

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
8 hours ago, Maartenv said:

Hi everyone!

Today I received my first wheel; an msuper X. I know, I know, quite a few here (and on youtube) highly discourage starting out with a big and powerful wheel. But what can I say.. I'm more of an all in or nothing kind of person. I don't mind putting in an effort, and once my mind is set on learning something, I'll endure.

Waiting for delivery I read more into topics of people having trouble starting off the first couple of days. And I did get a bit nervous. So I was a bit anxious this afternoon before having a first try!

But there really was no need.. Reading this forum really helped understand how a wheel behaves, and after 15-20 minutes I could ride across our terrace in a curve; about 10 meters.

Then I tried it a bit on our driveway (uphill and gravel). Took a few tries, but finally got up there :p. And then took it out on the street (it's a dead end street, so no traffic). There it gave tiltback at about 20kph (I suppose that goes away after a certain amount of kms of rinding?).

But then I couldn't ride anymore; the insides of my lower leg were hurting as hell! It feels as if it will even feel worse tomorrow :-).

But hey, a day of rest might not be a bad idea now.

Cheers!

Ow, and my daughter is intrigued as well. Until she saw me fall that is; then her one-wheel love was over (for now that is)

IMG_0219.jpg

It's such a pleasure to read your post :)

Well done you!

Good choice and great job learning. Remember that you'll gain confidence more quickly than skill.  Take it easy, gear up and have fun!

• 1 month later...