Ninebot One Z Firmware Version 1.0.7

Asphalt-Cowboy

Man i was about to make a thread about this, i did 3 searches with z10 fiwmare z10 upgrade z10 update but then i saw your post when i got into the ninebot section to post about it.

Now, i've also seen this screen when i upgraded to the latest version from the playstore (app version) and it asked to upgrade the firmware, i'm not gonna upgrade if i don't see a change-log or at least people talking about differences!

• Upvote 2

Updated to 1.0.7 and rode inside the house without any issues. Will take it for a long ride once the weather clears up.

Hopefully it will fix the motor sensor fault messages that I’ve been getting with 1.0.5. 

766675F8-E191-46C4-BF17-D713DE6C4B35.thumb.png.dc6e2f7d5716a1f7bf34cb738f9075ab.png

Edited by Rotciv
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rotciv said:

Updated to 1.0.7 and rode inside the house without any issues. Will take it for a long ride once the weather clears up.

Hopefully it will fix the motor sensor fault messages that I’ve been getting with 1.0.5. 

766675F8-E191-46C4-BF17-D713DE6C4B35.thumb.png.dc6e2f7d5716a1f7bf34cb738f9075ab.png

@Rotciv Please let us know what (if any difference) you notice after you have had a chance to test your Z10 with the New firmware? I'm sure many of the Z owner's here will be very interested to hear your feedback, myself included!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fbhb said:

@Rotciv Please let us know what (if any difference) you notice after you have had a chance to test your Z10 with the New firmware? I'm sure many of the Z owner's here will be very interested to hear your feedback, myself included!

Rain is in the forecast for the next several days 😤 I won’t be able to push the Z10 hard.

Will report any findings as soon as I can. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rode my Z10 with 1.0.7 hard for about 20 miles without any issues. 

Can’t really notice any difference, hopefully the new firmware fixed the motor sensor fault that I get sometimes. 

DC7C800E-3EF3-4188-BEFE-95B5005F300C.thumb.png.ab1e62f752ca041f35e073d3923e90c0.png

• Upvote 3

I upgraded to Control Firmware version 1.0.7 directly from version 1.0.0 (as I had skipped the other versions) and tested it doing speed runs as well as some ridiculously steep uphill and downhill riding that pushed the wheel's climbing ability near to the limit. It performed great. No problem. I also had the latest BMS v1.1.7 already since a while back.

When I updated the control firmware to 1.0.7, I noticed during riding that the wheel felt more nimble. On 1.0.0 it was a more stiff ride.

By the way, I always ride on the softest ride mode setting (number 4, rather than the default number 0).

Edited by edwin_rm
added info
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm on day 2 from upgrading to 1.0.7 from 1.0.5 (I think either that or if there was a 1.0.6(?) - whichever was the Z FW that Ninebot retracted and later Z owners couldn't see on the app)

While there doesn't seem to be any performance upgrade, I notice that there is less slop / magnet slippage going from dead stop to moving.

What I mean by this is, at some point, starting with either the last firmware or the one before that, my Z would occasionally do weird leveling behavior when going from dead stop to moving, mostly after a fresh power-on, where the pedals would sometimes not flatten out properly. Usually this would go away if I either kept riding, re-powered on, or manually app-less re-calibrated. But this 1.0.7 so far doesn't seem to exhibit any of this "slop" *fingers crossed*.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/19/2019 at 9:47 PM, Thor said:

I've updated my Z10 to v1.0.7 a few minutes ago. So far no differences in the app settings. I'll give a report the next few days after the next ride.

Sadly I hadn't any time to go for a ride this week, but exactly seven days after a full recharge of both of my wheels the C+ is at 100%, while the Z10 is at 96%, so no improvement in this section, BMS still at v1.1.2 (no update available).

Screenshot_20190526-210225.thumb.png.79ab75a03e51e0b988c21c7db8b7063f.png

Screenshot_20190526-210459.thumb.png.f77c118d438e8ae3c34c9b0892a1588b.png

I'd like to report something for the new version.

No problems so far, nothing bad to report, plus the new firmware doesn't lock the sounds upgrade today I was able to flash new sounds on the wheel with success

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rotciv said:

After around 200 miles with this firmware, no issues and my fault message above has been resolved.

9 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Me too, so many days later nothing to report, it rides like it supposed to ride ;) 

23 hours ago, Thor said:

I've tested the new firmware in multiple rides. No problems, trouble-free!

On 5/26/2019 at 12:42 PM, houseofjob said:

While there doesn't seem to be any performance upgrade, I notice that there is less slop / magnet slippage going from dead stop to moving.

Thanks to every one of the following forum members for coming back and reporting their experience with the latest Z10 firmware: @jitesar, @edwin_rm @houseofjob, @Thor, @Lefteris & @Rotciv. 

It sounds like after several sketchy firmware's that broke more than they fixed, Segway-Ninebot have finally sorted out some of the issues they themselves created.  I am still weighing up whether to upgrade my Z10, which has been stuck on 1.0.2 since purchase date October 2018 and unable to progress any further, until this latest firmware showed up recently!  In all of that time, since last October, I have not experienced any issues to speak of, so feel a little like: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". 

Any further input from any Z10 owners to convince me that 1.0.7 is a worthwhile update going from 1.0.2, would be greatly appreciated?

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, fbhb said:

Thanks to every one of the following forum members for coming back and reporting their experience with the latest Z10 firmware: @jitesar, @edwin_rm @houseofjob, @Thor, @Lefteris & @Rotciv. 

It sounds like after several sketchy firmware's that broke more than they fixed, Segway-Ninebot have finally sorted out some of the issues they themselves created.  I am still weighing up whether to upgrade my Z10, which has been stuck on 1.0.2 since purchase date October 2018 and unable to progress any further, until this latest firmware showed up recently!  In all of that time, since last October, I have not experienced any issues to speak of, so feel a little like: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". 

Any further input from any Z10 owners to convince me that 1.0.7 is a worthwhile update going from 1.0.2, would be greatly appreciated?

I updated from 1.0.2 to 1.0.7, I don't know if it's just me but using setting 0 in both versions I do feel the wheel's acceleration is smoother and faster with 1.0.7. and going up steep hills feels a bit easier as well.

I also feel the handling of the wheel changed a bit as well, with 1.0.7 the handling feels more close to the normal 2.15, 2.5 inch wheel now. I can't say if that is a plus or a minus as I really liked the unique handling feel on 1.0.2.

I've done about 200km so far on 1.0.7 and have not noticed any problem.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...