Ninebot Z10 wobbling

El Grey

Hi all,

There was a lot of posts about wobbling everywhere. Some of them are interesting but some indices could be dangerous.

Let me present my thoughts and experiences with Z10 WOBBLING, once more Z10 ONLY !

We can divide wobbling rider question into two categories : newbies and high speed riders.

In short - newbies has tend to keep wheel tight as much as it is possible and wheel has no possibility of natural "waveing" during ride.

This problem seems to beeing solved with groving mileage - in my opinion 200+ km. Let's leave it.

More interesting is second category - speed riders. Here we have sometimes stability problems over 25km/h. I have observed unexpected wobbling during changing position from "straight" to "lining forward on bended knees" (like capt. Planete) during heavy front wind . It seems bended knees are the reason. My solution is change position to "straight", little breake to kill wobbling and then accelerate in "straight" position - rather smooth than aggressive.

I have read on this forum opinion that accelerating will kill wobbling - on z10 it will NOT,  due to heavy weight and wide tire, I'm 100% shure.

Another reason of wobbling could be feet fixation in shoes. I'm regulary using trekking high shoes but tried light sport shoes and tactical shoes with plywood insert as well - both unsuccessful.

Sport shoes were to flexible and unstable on high speed. On contrary tactical shoes were stable but ... cause wobbling and has no vibration protection. They were very stiff and ride was uncomfortable.

The last case is wobbling after finishing high speed step banked turn - here we have instability due to unbalancing and bended knee. Solution?? Excercise and than experience.

Keep safe and DO NOT TRY kill wobbling by accelerate !!!.

Kind regards, elGrey.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2019 at 10:39 PM, El Grey said:

More interesting is second category - speed riders. Here we have sometimes stability problems over 25km/h. I have observed unexpected wobbling during changing position from "straight" to "lining forward on bended knees" (like capt. Planete) during heavy front wind . It seems bended knees are the reason. My solution is change position to "straight", little breake to kill wobbling and then accelerate in "straight" position - rather smooth than aggressive.

I always ride my Z10 > 30km/h, usually 35-40km/h, and I never experienced what you described, even when lining forward on bent knees (just like I did today, in heavy wind)

On 5/12/2019 at 10:39 PM, El Grey said:

Sport shoes were to flexible and unstable on high speed.

I wear Vans ...

Gents, there are my observations and experiences. 

This is not "defect", this is future caused by many reasons like:

- tyre profile during ride (depending on tyre preasure, outer temperature, ....)

- curve diameter

- surface conditions etc.

- rider flexibility or rather "overstiffness".

You should know about this, remember and  NOT affraid to much.

Better know than be surprised.

Regards elGrey.

Wobble is rider ONLY problem. Become confident, start to relax and the wobble is gone. 

Was the same for me, at the first 3 weeks I had wobble problems at around 35-40km/h. After this time a started to relax, nowadays I could make a call during acceleration to 55km/h.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TuN3M@N said:

Wobble is rider ONLY problem. Become confident, start to relax and the wobble is gone. 

Was the same for me, at the first 3 weeks I had wobble problems at around 35-40km/h. After this time a started to relax, nowadays I could make a call during acceleration to 55km/h.

After 3 months with the Z10, I can definitely confirm this! Stay upright, do not bend, and relax. I'd the same wobbling at the beginning, I've send my Z10 to the service, they checked it, everything was okay. Collect more experience with the Z10, spend more time on it. For me >30km rides in 1h are no problem any more, while reaching short-term maximum speed.

• Like 2