Strange problem with GW Tesla

This unit was working flawless until one day i couldnt turn it off. This is what ive observed, any insight or help is greatly appreciated.

• when i push the power button, it turns on normally, i dont have to press the button hard at all, even depressing by 2mm is good enough so its not a power button issue and obviously it must have good contact with the main board.
  • when i try and immediately turn it off (not more than 5 mins of being on) it will not turn off, it wont cycle through its lights with a momentary press, it acts as if the power button does not work at all
  • when i ride it for longer than 10-20 mins the power button starts working again, the button does not need to be pushed hard for me to cycle through the lights or to turn it off.
  • i have taken the wheel partially apart and have blasted it with tons of air, if there was moisture in it, there isnt now after dumping 16ga of 100psi air into it. its also been sitting for a week in a dry place

any idea what this could be?

Ask your seller.

As with any suddenly appearing unexplained behavior, be very careful or don't ride the wheel at all. If it isn't the power button (or some cable issue, which seems equally unlikely from how you describe it, especially if the error can dependably be reproduced in the same way every time), I guess it's the board (what else?). I'd get a new board just for safety reasons, even if just some balancing-unrelated part is broken (doesn't have to stay that way).

Your seller will know best what such behavior means.

I would bypass the power button and see if the problem goes away. If it does than you know the issue is with the button.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

update to this, after riding and troubleshooting, the wheel works 100% if the board temp is above 30°C. if the wheel is cold (<29°C) it will turn on but not off.
i've ridden over 200+km on it with the issue and it has never shut off while running, it works normally.

• Upvote 1