Mainstream adoption of EUCs in NZ?

I've just noticed that Bike Barn (a major nation-wide cycling brick & mortar retailer in NZ) is now stocking the mighty Z10! The price is making my eyes water though @ $3600! :efeeec645d:

https://www.bikebarn.co.nz/scooters/electric-scooters

Curious that they don't have some of the Ninebot starter wheels on offer, but exciting times ... I guess the PEV revolution is making some significant head-winds against their traditional pedal-powered fare.

And while we have the focus of those NZ riders, please have a read of this...

The NZTA are preparing to read a bill to parliament which will significantly change current legislation around where personal vehicles (like electric unicycles) can and can't go. And while no specifics can be given, we have been advised that electric unicycles are not allowed for in these changes and will be excluded if we do not act!

To allow a channel of communication and to assist in coordinating our response, we have started the "Electric Unicycle Association of New Zealand EUCANZ" group on Facebook.

So, for those living in New Zealand, please join the group so that you can keep updated and add your comments to ensure we can continue with this awesome hobby we have...

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=electric unicycle association of new zealand eucanz

BTW - those outside of NZ are not currently being accepted in the FB group, as we want to keep the focus on the current topic (at this stage).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

And while we have the focus of those NZ riders, please have a read of this...

The NZTA are preparing to read a bill to parliament which will significantly change current legislation around where personal vehicles (like electric unicycles) can and can't go. And while no specifics can be given, we have been advised that electric unicycles are not allowed for in these changes and will be excluded if we do not act!

To allow a channel of communication and to assist in coordinating our response, we have started the "Electric Unicycle Association of New Zealand EUCANZ" group on Facebook.

So, for those living in New Zealand, please join the group so that you can keep updated and add your comments to ensure we can continue with this awesome hobby we have...

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=electric unicycle association of new zealand eucanz

Ambitious effort Kevin! Best wishes! I would love to just follow, without comments, your coordinated efforts but it appears your FB page does not allow for that. If I visit your country can I take a peak? :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:24 PM, Rehab1 said:

Ambitious effort Kevin! Best wishes! I would love to just follow, without comments, your coordinated efforts but it appears your FB page does not allow for that. If I visit your country can I take a peak? :ph34r:

I'm sure we can work out some way to let you know what is happening...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'm sure we can work out some way to let you know what is happening...

Your back from your short hiatus.:thumbup: If possible that would be great. I’m curious about the politics involved in this issue and if your governmental officials and it’s representatives will actually sit down and listen to their constituents.