Ninebot E-Scooter MAX

FreeRide

Ninebot/Segway calling it a game changer.  Their marketing never was very good.

This is the consumer version of the previous MAX series for commercial ride-share operations.  They are claiming 40 miles of range, and they say it can do that 40miles in 96 minutes.

They have a promotion coming out $250 off, but they don't say what the base price is.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ninebot-e-scooter-max-max-on-everything-but-price/coming_soon/

• Upvote 1

Well anyone can do 40 Miles in 96 Minutes if you can maintain the right speed for that distance

and do have room in that model to have enough batteries to do it, battery in the column and battery in the base

bird_black0.png

Bird is lauching in pre sale the Segway MAX customized (battery 12800 mAh, 473.6 Wh)  : the Bird One https://shop.bird.co/index.html

Price ? take your blood pressure before you see the price....$1299 (Plus tax and delivery fees) :popcorn:https://shop.bird.co/pdp.html

It is indeed the Max Segway, below original FCC pictures

Edited by jojo33

Segway/Ninebot seems like a bunch a real amateurs running the place now.  So initially the email said $250 early-bird price, then they later corrected that to be $250 off, now the site says $230 dollars off but no email explaining the change or it earlier signups got the $250, and later $230 discount.  Then on the day of the unveiling they send an email saying that they have to delay the event for one week due to some BS about preparing a special color for the early adopters.  Like that that is some reason not to tell us what this is all about, and they only realized this on the day they were supposed to announce it.  I can't imagine they have any dealers or customers that like to deal with them.  They clearly cannot run the business, they can't even pretend to run it.

I can't believe a company with once such promise so quickly now seems to have a hard time just standing upright.  clearly the talented people and those with any business experience have left the company.  I don't think you can trust the quality of these products, and their service record shows that they do not have the infrastructure to support their products or their claimed warranties.  Not sure what they are doing, I'm pretty sure they don't even know what they are doing. 

Could the reason for this last-minute change in discount ($250 to $230), and the sudden delay in announcing the US retail price and schedule be the US President's declaration of tariffs at the US border for products manufactured in China? I'd suggest suddenly having an unexpected 25% tax (or perhaps it was a 15% increase from 10% to 25%) might upset even the best-planned announcements and roll-out schedule? If I recall earlier discussions on EUC, last year's 10% tariff had an impact on the retail prices of ONE Z10's (and presumably other devices as well). Maybe some US resident members can comment further on this (I don't live in USA)?

Yes, America owes China billions and they were dumping all kinds of electronics and other goods and now they are being tariff because of whatever you want to believe the reason to be., The China Sea issue of making man made islands and then taking advantage of the 250 mile international l waters limit and now they can control the whole China sea or Just our president doing whatever he does excuse. 

Bottom line is goods and services are going to cost more from China for now. Items from China will take longer to deliver. They will do what other countries do and just ship it to some other place like Philippines and say it came from there instead

The deal is live now, the first 300 are $599, which seems OK if they deliver on time.  Looks good for a basic scooter. the 40miles though is backed up though by only a 550Wh battery, max speed 30km/h.  I think it is OK for a basic last mile commuter, and some extra fun.  I'm going to pass as my current scooter sits around with no use as I find the miniPro more interesting, and the bike more practical.

The crazy thing is, when you go there, the best deal is only $200 off, not $250, not $230, just $200. I don't know what the shipping charge is because you have to go further in the checkout process for that.  Anyway; very mixed up company, but I hope it works out.

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with FreeRide, regarding the state of affairs over there at Segway Ninebot. I purchased my ES4 3 weeks ago on Amazon; and I was well aware of the issues, and potential pitfalls entailed with the purchase. The Ninebot ES4 was the scooter I wanted since I saw it. Today I am still happy with the purchase; although I have taken a few precautions such as removing the LED headlight from the scooters primary power, lubrication on the suspension, silicone spray for all plastic joints and a few other mods. Even flashed the MPC to run at 48000 for a bit more zip. It's been running just fine for me these last 250 or so miles too. I may run into issue where I can most certainly rule out any help from Ninebot; but overall there is enough info on the various forums as well as the discord chat for the firmware modding to assist me in acquiring the parts needed to fix most issues people are having. 

I guess purchasing a Ninebot product really comes down to how much you like it and if you are willing to accept the limited support you will most likely get from them should you have issues. If you aren't taken with the look/function of say the ES scooter; then I would absolutely recommend you check out one of the numerous other manufacturers out there that are getting positive reviews. 

I do hope these guys get it together though. Cause as this market gets more mature, business practices like the ones they have been using will very quickly make them irrelevant in no time at all. Take a look at Unicorn just debuted the other week. They have a monthly pay plan where your scooter is tracked, locked and even insured against all forms of theft & damage/repairs at no cost or deductible to you (well other then the twenty something you pay each month). 

Laters.