[Suggestion] Dark Theme, and/or other Template

This forum is great for me, i've found new friends, people to talk about my sport, my hobby, riding, commenting, watching videos, helping develop new versions of WheelLog and more

BUT, i'd like to be able to change color, theme template something. I like that everything nowdays goes "dark", android has a night feature that everything is dark, Messenger gone dark, Viber has a dark theme.

I know invision powerboard is a great forum script and quite modular, but you want to keep it simple and clean so it can get security updates without having to break things and tamper with core files, BUT, at least let us have something guys, it's so "default". Add at least a dark theme of the default one, and or maybe one with a more condensed look, smaller height buttons, sections, to be able to be used on phones with ease. (i know i'm taking this too far but at least i'm hoping)

At least the dark theme guys, please!

cc @John Eucist

edit: I've found that THIS is a Night mode theme based on default with changed only the css, so it works with all versions of Invision Power Board and all modules! Hoping that you guys share the same "dark mode everything" trend that i love since last year!
edit #2: if yes don't forget to include the themed editor files

Edited by Lefteris
edit for editing the edit, cause of edit, plus #2
  • Like 2

And I use Firefox on android and mac laptop and Windows desktop.

And I thought I searched but didn't use darkmode in one word that is why I didn't find your thread

As I said in a previous thread. We had a third party dark theme which worked for a while then broke the forum after forum version upgrades. I'm not tech-savvy and don't want to have a dark theme that works now but risk breaking things when the forum software is auto-updated in the future. I just use "Dark Reader" chrome extension but I know that doesn't work on mobile.

Edited by John Eucist

On 5/7/2019 at 6:31 PM, Lefteris said:

This forum is great for me, i've found new friends, people to talk about my sport, my hobby, riding, commenting, watching videos, helping develop new versions of WheelLog and more

BUT, i'd like to be able to change color, theme template something. I like that everything nowdays goes "dark", android has a night feature that everything is dark, Messenger gone dark, Viber has a dark theme.

cc @John Eucist

edit: I've found that THIS is a Night mode theme based on default with changed only the css, so it works with all versions of Invision Power Board and all modules! Hoping that you guys share the same "dark mode everything" trend that i love since last year!
edit #2: if yes don't forget to include the themed editor files

How do I download the file? I created an account and everything but it says I'm not permitted to access. I use mozilla and would love this.

Edit: Just found this extension for mozilla! You can pick which sites you want dark and you also have a bunch of options for themes. I can't say it's perfect but it works relatively well! https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dark-mode-webextension/

Edited by nickysneids

Everyone here uses the dark mode webextension an all browsers.

I was suggesting for the form owner to add the theme/template as an option, not something you the user would need to download, just something to select while editing your profile.

But as @John Eucist he tends to keep the forum script as clean as possible!