Tesla or 16s as first wheel?

34 minutes ago, Ninefingers said:

I live in Norway so I'm not sure what I'll find on short notice. Think we have a sk8 shops around. If I scratch my hands I just write it up as training for man hands. 

Good luck - I purchased mine online (U.K. here).

I bought my wristguards at Sport 1, but any sportshop will have some (generally kits with wrist-, knee- and elbow-guards). 
Maybe not a brand-name type, but any will most likely do.

I see they've lowered the price for the MSX but not the XL (they used to cost the same). Probably because of the Nikola.
Maybe they'll lower the price on the XL when the 16X comes out.

Good choice going for the MSX, I wouldn't be able to wait untill July for a new wheel (as I see they say for the Nikola) :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Olav said:

I bought my wristguards at Sport 1, but any sportshop will have some (generally kits with wrist-, knee- and elbow-guards). 
Maybe not a brand-name type, but any will most likely do.

I see they've lowered the price for the MSX but not the XL (they used to cost the same). Probably because of the Nikola.
Maybe they'll lower the price on the XL when the 16X comes out.

Good choice going for the MSX, I wouldn't be able to wait untill July for a new wheel (as I see they say for the Nikola) :thumbup:

Yes the wait is to long when I decided I was getting into this sport. 

They whont be taking in the 16x any time soon he said, so that makes the choice even easier, a the 16x is the wheel i most want. But I'm sure I'll be happy. Maybe I can mod a lift switch

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2019 at 9:00 AM, Ninefingers said:

O

I ordered the msx. Its being shipped tomorrow, and I'm a beginner. I'm sure I'll be happy enough 😊 there will always be a better model coming soon

Right on man. I’ve ridden the msx and you’ll be very happy .  I had a inmotion v8 as my first wheel and was ready to upgrade in a month. You won’t have that problem. My one piece of advice I hope you heed is to cover that big expensive beautiful wheel with that rubber bumper stuff. Because you are going to wreck.  A lot !   It took me over an hour of just straight falling down every five seconds before I could ride it ten feet.. and a whole day before I could start and stop without dropping the wheel.. mine was only 900$ and it had a cover so it was all good.  But if you don’t protect your wheel and yourself very well for the first 200 miles of riding. You will regret it.  Just imho ... on another note.. I have the nikola coming as my upgrade and I’m super stoked.  Luckily we have Ewheels here and our shipping won’t take months ..   also I was disappointed I didn’t have anyone filming me when I learned to ride.  It would’ve been funny to watch in fast speed or something. Just the ridiculous amount of falling down I did. Lol.  Anyways good luck and have fun 😁

lucas.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Right on man. I’ve ridden the msx and you’ll be very happy .  I had a inmotion v8 as my first wheel and was ready to upgrade in a month. You won’t have that problem. My one piece of advice I hope you heed is to cover that big expensive beautiful wheel with that rubber bumper stuff. Because you are going to wreck.  A lot !   It took me over an hour of just straight falling down every five seconds before I could ride it ten feet.. and a whole day before I could start and stop without dropping the wheel.. mine was only 900$ and it had a cover so it was all good.  But if you don’t protect your wheel and yourself very well for the first 200 miles of riding. You will regret it.  Just imho ... on another note.. I have the nikola coming as my upgrade and I’m super stoked.  Luckily we have Ewheels here and our shipping won’t take months ..   also I was disappointed I didn’t have anyone filming me when I learned to ride.  It would’ve been funny to watch in fast speed or something. Just the ridiculous amount of falling down I did. Lol.  Anyways good luck and have fun 😁

lucas.

Hehe, I've been thinking about doing a time-lapse of me learning, but I don't have the equipment to do it now. Wish I did, since it would be really cool. Planing to do an hour a day, every day untill I master it. 

Gonna see what I can find to cover up the wheel. Don't want to scratch it unnecessary 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

After getting my wheel on Thursday and spending one hour or so learning to do figure eigths on a gravel football court, and doing some more practice on Friday and yesterday, I did my first 17km ride today. 

My feet are killing me, but no wipe outs, thankfully. 

This rocks 😊

• Upvote 3

On 5/12/2019 at 7:38 AM, Ninefingers said:

Done. Thanks for the correction 😊👍

On 5/12/2019 at 7:34 AM, Ninefingers said:

Ok, guess I'm doing that then

Awesome! I went through the same thing. I had ordered and paid for the 18L, which would have been shipped out the following Monday. After announcing my purchase on the forums here, enough guys twisted .y arm, so I cancelled and waited for the XL. Waiting longer sucked ass, but soooo glad I did!