BBC news article - electric scooters UK

Gasmantle

56 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

Not sure if any members have seen this item but it may be of interest :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48106617

"Normal scooters (without motors) are not allowed on pavements or cycle paths but there are no laws to prevent them being used on roads"

What a joke. Don't think this can be policed or that the police can be bothered to waste their time with this.  I hope not. In London we got more pressing matter...knife crime anyone?

I hope i dont get grief for my ewheel (cooler name than electric unicycle). But i will likely try stick to side streets and hope for the best. 

Too many manual scooters to enforce this amd hopefully they will see what a bad idea it would be to push kick scooter users on to the roads. 

I'll also keep my escooter on the pavement for the same reason. Though it might be hard for those with the more overtly e-powered scooters like the m365.

i can see this going the same was as electric cars. Started off as free to congestion charge and other sorts of taxes but now the govt has introduced a tax on e cars relativeto cost. I can imagine the conversations "damn, these e cars are taking off... we're losing money from all the tolls... we need a new way to make money... i know let's tax them anyway!"