Got my first full faced helmet

• 1 month later...

I just bought this one...and am returning it. I hope yours is stiffer. (Slightly different model) It felt like a cheap toy to me. I feel waaay more safe and protected in my motorcycle helmet. Sucks too because it's getting hot out and I wanted a cooler summer helmet with better airflow...May try the Fox Proframe next...

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Super-MIPS-Bike-Helmet/dp/B07HGJT6MP/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?keywords=bell%2Bfull%2Bface%2Bhelmet&qid=1560530470&s=gateway&sprefix=bell%2Bfu&sr=8-8&th=1&psc=1

3 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

I just bought this one...and am returning it. I hope yours is stiffer. (Slightly different model) It felt like a cheap toy to me. I feel waaay more safe and protected in my motorcycle helmet. Sucks too because it's getting hot out and I wanted a cooler summer helmet with better airflow...May try the Fox Proframe next...

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Super-MIPS-Bike-Helmet/dp/B07HGJT6MP/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?keywords=bell%2Bfull%2Bface%2Bhelmet&qid=1560530470&s=gateway&sprefix=bell%2Bfu&sr=8-8&th=1&psc=1

I was using the Bell Super 3R helmet( the one you returned) when I crashed due to cutout at 25mph on last Memorial Day with my KS18AY, the helmet  chin bar saved my face and teeth, I think it worked well and it is much cooler than my other motorcycle helmets which I using them on the cold morning and winter ride.

I think Rehab1 had crashed with this helmet in the past too and he was ok. 

Peter Q 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Peter Q said:

I was using the Bell Super 3R helmet( the one you returned) when I crashed due to cutout at 25mph on last Memorial Day with my KS18AY, the helmet  chin bar saved my face and teeth, I think it worked well and it is much cooler than my other motorcycle helmets which I using them on the cold morning and winter ride.

Peter Q 

Good to know. Happy it worked for you! 👊 Seemed it would slip right off my chin in a wreck, unless I was lined up to hit the ground face first at a perfect 90 degree angle. And felt super flimsy to me. Glad someone likes it. I felt very unsafe in it, and it seemed about the quality of a $30 bike helmet...I ended up ordering this one...Has excellent airflow reviews, which is what I'm looking for as my existing full face is pretty hot-headed...pun intended 😉 

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 11:06 AM, Rama Douglas said:

Good luck. Hope you find one that works for you. I do like the look of the Fox Proframe. Let me know what you think!

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 2:37 PM, Peter Q said:

Peter Q 

Good to know it worked for you. I hope to never have to test it in a real crash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Chang said:

Good luck. Hope you find one that works for you. I do like the look of the Fox Proframe. Let me know what you think!

Yeah. Since I am already used to the motorcycle helmet, I opted for another motorcycle helmet with excellent airflow reviews...Hope it's a bit cooler, but either way I absolutely love it! 

I’ve just ordered one of these.

seems like a great great compromise between safety and weight / airflow.

multiple impact was definitely on my list - seems to tick every box.

if I’m wearing a full face helmet, it can’t sacrifice safety in any way. I don’t see it being any more annoying to wear than a purely enduro lid, either.

certainly an upgrade from the shred ready super scrappy I’ve been wearing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If I had only a normal bicycle helmet on my head, it would certainly not have been the happiest day of my life. I landed fully sideways on my face.

Sometimes you're faster than you wanted. :D

Full speed faceplant on V8 = Luckiest day of my life! :-D