Is anyone test Nikola pedal on Tesla ?

@stephen has posted his experience of the Nikola Pedals on the MSX (including photos) on page 5 of the thread: "MSX customizations-sharewhat you’ve done" If you search that topic, he has really been impressed with the New set up. Have not heard from anyone that has tried them on the Tesla as yet, but I would also be interested to hear about that particular fitment when someone tries it out!

Edited by fbhb

On 5/3/2019 at 12:36 PM, kelec_947 said:

Hi everybody,

I would like if anyone could test nikola pedal on Tesla ? Have you photo ? The confort is great ?

thanks a lot !

I have then on my msx , i love them 😍

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Angel Latorre Trabanco said:

Hi, I mounted them yesterday. you need to change the position of the magnets under the lateral covers. IMO the Nikola  pedals do a big difference on Tesla, it's a bit complicated extract the magnets because they are stick to the cover and  under a silicone layer but it worth it.

Regards from Spain

What no piccies😊 we love piccies😊,

I need to move my magnets they stay up but loose 

Edited by stephen
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Angel Latorre Trabanco said:

Hi, I mounted them yesterday. you need to change the position of the magnets under the lateral covers. IMO the Nikola  pedals do a big difference on Tesla, it's a bit complicated extract the magnets because they are stick to the cover and  under a silicone layer but it worth it.

Regards from Spain

Hey thanks :) have you pictures ? Thanks ;)

30 minutes ago, PaulSG said:

The nikola pedal size are much more comfortable compared with tesla ones

They really are big,that size should be standard tbh

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for @Marty Backe to put some Nikola pedals on his ACM2 and report in...I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

Actually, I'm happy with all my pedals. I've never really had foot problems so I don't have an overwhelming desire to go big. At a hundred bucks a pop I'm probably not going to spring for a set :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Actually, I'm happy with all my pedals. I've never really had foot problems so I don't have an overwhelming desire to go big. At a hundred bucks a pop I'm probably not going to spring for a set :unsure:

I might have to just bite the bullet then, I suppose I can put my ACM pedals on my MCM 4, though I'm tempted to sell my MCM4 since it seems so slow now after getting used to the ACM

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't get foot problems ,i bought them for safety more than anything i didn't like it when i jilted forward when i hit a bump, it was a bonus about the handling and grip 😊 i thought out of all your gotways you'd try it on one of them ,,but,, if you did like them at 100 bucks a pop for all your gotways ,how much would that be?😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stephen said:

I don't get foot problems ,i bought them for safety more than anything i didn't like it when i jilted forward when i hit a bump, it was a bonus about the handling and grip 😊 i thought out of all your gotways you'd try it on one of them ,,but,, if you did like them at 100 bucks a pop for all your gotways ,how much would that be?😁

Ah, you discovered the crux of the problem. If I liked the pedals too much I'd have to spend a "wheels worth" of money to outfit my wheels. Best not to tempt fate:D

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Ah, you discovered the crux of the problem. If I liked the pedals too much I'd have to spend a "wheels worth" of money to outfit my wheels. Best not to tempt fate:D

@Marty Backe well you will shortly get to test them when Jason's Demo Nikola arrives, so "fate" will most definitely be tempted at that point. Maybe even for the wheel too and not just the pedals! :D

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, kelec_947 said:

magnets not good too ?

I assume the magnets are placed differently on the Tesla/MSX and Nikola (and likewise the different pedals). So he needs to move the magnets so that they are closer to eachother, correct @stephen?

6 hours ago, Olav said:

I assume the magnets are placed differently on the Tesla/MSX and Nikola (and likewise the different pedals). So he needs to move the magnets so that they are closer to eachother, correct @stephen?

Yes that's correct . One pedal stays up  because its stiffer, one pedal is loose and the pedal drops back down due to the magnets not in line. It's not a big problem to move them tbh

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2019 at 8:27 AM, stephen said:

Oui c'est correct . Une pédale reste en place car elle est plus raide, une pédale est desserrée et la pédale retombe car les aimants ne sont pas alignés. Ce n'est pas un gros problème de les déplacer

How make that ?

Edited by kelec_947

I just put the Nikola pedals on my ACM2 and replaced with red grip tape, much bigger and felt good (my shoes size is 11).

The magnets inside the pedals need to moved from side to center.

ACM2 with Nikola pedals-2.JPG.png

ACM2 with Nikola pedals-1.JPG.png

3 minutes ago, Peter Q said:

I just put the Nikola pedals on my ACM2 and replaced with red grip tape, much bigger and felt good (my shoes size is 11).

The magnets inside the pedals need to moved from side to center.

ACM2 with Nikola pedals-2.JPG.png

ACM2 with Nikola pedals-1.JPG.png

Have you got a side view and straight on view so people can see the pedal angle and size which i get most questions about 👍,, i have then on my msx

Edited by stephen

attached side view and straight on view.

ACM2 with Nikola pedals-4.JPG.png

ACM2 with Nikola pedals-5.JPG.png

ACM2 with Nikola pedals-3.JPG.png

On 5/8/2019 at 6:20 AM, Marty Backe said:

Nice to see I am not all alone after all..

In a way I can understand the fuzz about more comfort but me too is happy with the pedals on both the MSX and ACM, ok at first the old ACM pedals was not great but after swapping I have had no problems. For the MSX I certainly never had a problem, of course interesting to try and laborate a bit for maximum comfort that I get as well for you cruisers out there, me though I end most of my trips all sweaty breathing heavy, need I even say a better option for me would be to cut off the corners for even more for clearance.

The shoes make a world of difference for me, suspect the case for most if not all?

• 2 weeks later...