Best wheel for a tall/heavy rider?

I am tempted to sell my bike and buy a unicycle for commuting in stead. I am living in a rainy city with not very good roads. I am 197cm tall and 105kg. I have a long up hill and down hill on my commute. I want to commute as much as possible. Currently concidering ks18xl, msuperX but mostly z10. That is due to what i have heard about its driving style. I do think the battery will be enough? They all cost the same. What would you reccomend? I have never ridden before. Thanks

No idea why you would mostly be considering Z10 as it’s trash uphill and trash braking downhill. Get the MSX or KS18XL. I’d get the XL as it’s more water resistant than the MSX due to the power button being vertical at the sides instead of on the top like the MSX

• Upvote 1

I can recommend the XL, as I have this myself, but I believe all 3 will do the job.
I'm unsure on how the Z10 handles bad roads, cobblestone, etc, but should be considered if it handles this well.
Riding is addictive, so I would go for a long range wheel (XL or MSX) over medium range (Z10). ;)

Unless you work outside your municipality (kommune), range will not be an issue with the wheels you suggest (all should reach the airport (as an example) and back, assuming you live in the city I think you do). As long as you don't ride max speed at all times at least. I can do over 40km on a approx. 1000Wh wheel (Gotway Tesla) riding 20-30 kph, 65 km+ on the XL at same speeds.
Only thing I would remember is that if the downhill part is early on the ride, be carefull of having a full battery. 

My weight is not that different from yours.

Wouldn't be too worried about the rain on either wheel. But would stay out of deeper puddles (5cm+) as a precaution.

12 hours ago, Olav said:

I can recommend the XL, as I have this myself, but I believe all 3 will do the job.
I'm unsure on how the Z10 handles bad roads, cobblestone, etc, but should be considered if it handles this well.
Riding is addictive, so I would go for a long range wheel (XL or MSX) over medium range (Z10). ;)

Unless you work outside your municipality (kommune), range will not be an issue with the wheels you suggest (all should reach the airport (as an example) and back, assuming you live in the city I think you do). As long as you don't ride max speed at all times at least. I can do over 40km on a approx. 1000Wh wheel (Gotway Tesla) riding 20-30 kph, 65 km+ on the XL at same speeds.
Only thing I would remember is that if the downhill part is early on the ride, be carefull of having a full battery. 

My weight is not that different from yours.

Wouldn't be too worried about the rain on either wheel. But would stay out of deeper puddles (5cm+) as a precaution.

Yeah, i think maybe the long range of the XL is more tempting. The Z10 is the most appealing, but i think i will go for the XL still. I feel that it has more uphill power aswell. Where do you live in norway and what weight are u? Have u have any encounters with the police or someone negative to you?

When u got the XL, did u order it from e-wheels? Did it come with the larger pads? I think that will be a very good upgrade for my size 47 feet haha :)

14 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

No idea why you would mostly be considering Z10 as it’s trash uphill and trash braking downhill. Get the MSX or KS18XL. I’d get the XL as it’s more water resistant than the MSX due to the power button being vertical at the sides instead of on the top like the MSX

It's mostly due to the riding style. I feel its more like riding downhill on skis in the turns. Its not that steep of a hill, but im unsure if the z10 will be powerfull enough. Also the longer range of the XL is really appealing. 

3 hours ago, Sander Orvik Humborstad said:

Yeah, i think maybe the long range of the XL is more tempting. The Z10 is the most appealing, but i think i will go for the XL still. I feel that it has more uphill power aswell. Where do you live in norway and what weight are u? Have u have any encounters with the police or someone negative to you?

When u got the XL, did u order it from e-wheels? Did it come with the larger pads? I think that will be a very good upgrade for my size 47 feet haha :)

I'm more than 101 kg, and I live some hours (by car and ferries) south of you.

No encounters with the police, so far at least :ph34r:. As long as you ride responsibly they'll probably leave you alone.
Most people are just curious about the thing at your feet.

Bought from them yes, and got my big plates from Speedy Feet in the UK, but you can also get them from ewheels.com in the US, could get them directly from China too, through AliExpress. They're very good, even when I "only" have size 44.
Sidenote: Ordered wheel and plates same day (a Thursday), and they arrived the same day as well (the following Tuesday). Well done Speedy Feet!