A stand for 18XL or 18L?

egress123

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

The Amazon Basics Metal Guitar stand does a good job for this purpose, it only costs $13  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018FCZKR2

611Eh3yCovL._SL1500_.jpg

Really??  It will hold 50 pounds 18XL??

2 hours ago, uekarashi said:

I use https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2733885/ - works perfectly! 

IMG_20190310_134505.jpg

What material did you use?  ABS?  

I bought that Amazon Basics Metal Guitar stand for my V10F eight or so months ago. It's still holding it up perfectly. Just make sure you 'slot' the wheel into that dip. Little wear and tear from missing the dip but nothing serious. 

Edited by Glitched
  • Like 1

Here is what I use. Simple design:

1. Solid 12"x1" PVC rod cut to 5.5" lengths

2. Holes drilled through the middle to match mudflap screw inserts. 

3. M3x25mm machine screws

4. Vinyl endcaps. 

Directly Attach 5.5" rod segment to wheel using screws inserted into empty mudflap screwholes. Slide vinyl endcaps onto the rod. Voila! You got a new wheelstand. 

IMG_20190505_140921.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Here is what I use. Simple design:

1. Solid 12"x1" PVC rod cut to 5.5" lengths

2. Holes drilled through the middle to match mudflap screw inserts. 

3. M3x25mm machine screws

4. Vinyl endcaps. 

Directly Attach 5.5" rod segment to wheel using screws inserted into empty mudflap screwholes. Slide vinyl endcaps onto the rod. Voila! You got a new wheelstand. 

IMG_20190505_140921.jpg

I really like that design and that red vinyl covered wheel.

The smart part is that the charging port will be on top when wheel is resting. And it works anywhere you have the space to put the wheel. Not only at home or at work (where you have your stand otherwise).

I do just wonder what happen if you have to bail wheel and it tumbles over before you catch it?. How strong the mounting part in case vs. rod is, meaning which break first. 

@Jason McNeil and @US69 please see this and the edit note for forwarding feedback to KS if you like.

Edited by Unventor
I hope KS will cook up an idea for their KS16X.
  • Like 1

I bought one of the guitar stands off Amazon per another thread. It had metal pipes but plastic hinges. The plastic hinges broke within a couple weeks from the weight of the wheel.

@uekarashisolution looks very good.

Also, I have used 2 bricks on each side while disassembling, but that is not a great solution...a bit loose.

1 minute ago, Circuitmage said:

I bought one of the guitar stands off Amazon per another thread. It had metal pipes but plastic hinges. The plastic hinges broke within a couple weeks from the weight of the wheel.

@uekarashisolution looks very good.

Also, I have used 2 bricks on each side while disassembling, but that is not a great solution...a bit loose.

I can add to the guitar option that it does in most cases not lock the wheel case in place meaning it can rotate at any point. Like when my cats play and bump into it. They didn't like it before that happen and they definitely do not hold it at high regard after it rotated with a bang/bump. Wheeln is ok though. 

+1 for 3d Printed stand from Thingiverse. I have printed 2 (work and home) of the version 3 (no screws needed to assemble)  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2860951

I know not everyone has a 3D printer but if you have access to one via school, library, friend, all you need to do is provide the STL files from Thingiverse. I print things for friends all the time just charge them material costs. There are also online shops that you can get things 3d printed if you provide the stl files.

IMG_1724.JPG

• Like 1

Oh yeah, forgot about that too..it does allow rotation with those guitar stands.

Really like the 3D printed model...need to look into getting one of those.

OMG...they are charging me $31 for each file....I don't think I am paying $250 for this thing.

Edited by Circuitmage

On 5/2/2019 at 3:29 PM, Jason McNeil said:

The Amazon Basics Metal Guitar stand does a good job for this purpose, it only costs $13  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018FCZKR2

611Eh3yCovL._SL1500_.jpg

It doesn't hold my 18L well.  Does work well with my V8.  I have the larger pedals on the 18L so perhaps that makes a difference.  If the stand where bigger it would work, especially if the arms were longer.

34 minutes ago, DanCar said:

It doesn't hold my 18L well.  Does work well with my V8.  I have the larger pedals on the 18L so perhaps that makes a difference.  If the stand where bigger it would work, especially if the arms were longer.

Mine looks a little different but it is the same result. Now with my Inmotion V8 gone, It is just taking up space in the hallway.

I doubt it will work well with the incomming KS16X

Edited by Unventor

I second EUCARMY.com Duf recently started making kickstands and I ordered one. Its stable I’m a bit concerned how it will hold up in the event of a crash. 

C0C3BF80-92A3-4251-A22D-64F2523F9152.jpeg

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Unventor said:

I really like that design and that red vinyl covered wheel.

The smart part is that the charging port will be on top when wheel is resting. And it works anywhere you have the space to put the wheel. Not only at home or at work (where you have your stand otherwise).

I do just wonder what happen if you have to bail wheel and it tumbles over before you catch it?. How strong the mounting part in case vs. rod is, meaning which break first. 

@Jason McNeil and @US69 please see this and the edit note for forwarding feedback to KS if you like.

I've bailed on paved and unpaved surfaces at least 5 times since I installed the stand. @Yanex87 came up with the idea and he has had his stand attached to his wheel for an even longer period of time: zero issues. ;)👍

IMG_20190506_132730.jpg

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

OMG...they are charging me $31 for each file....I don't think I am paying $250 for this thing.

Dang where were you looking. I suppose I could print a couple out for folks and just charge for shipping and materials. I will ask EUCGuy from thingiverse permission first since it is his design. 

EDIT: He sells them himself on his website (eucguy.com) for $40 so I doubt he would be OK with my printing for folks.

Edited by prasket

That's OK, $40 still does not motivate me. I know these things probably take days to print, eh?

The eucarmy.com store looks interesting. I was really hoping for a nice wooden stand. I might make one of those with same wood planks laying around.

1 hour ago, Circuitmage said:

That's OK, $40 still does not motivate me. I know these things probably take days to print, eh?

I think about 27 hrs to print the ones I have at .2mm resolution and 35% infill using PETG filament.