V8/Glide 3 battery swap on the fly feasibility?

eucinsea

I went on a local group ride of e-riders recently and the OneWheeler's had extra batteries with them. I never thought about doing that on my Glide3 but then I saw the adventure post by @lucian75  which he has extra battery's with him. How feasible is this to do, especially while out on a group ride? I think it would be pretty neat to be able to swap out a charged battery vs having to find somewhere to plugin.

Anyone else doing this or have tried?

Well removing the first shell layer to access the battery takes 2 minutes and if you added a handle to each battery you could probably perform a swap out in under 5 minutes with practice. Though youd have to swap out batterys to charge both batteries, that could be annoying. I guess you could also get a separate charging cuircuit to plug the other battery into?

I take of baterry 2 screw and it take under 2 minutes to swap baterry's. 

I use to swap every single day from 2 weeks ago.. 100 km for delivery in city, 2000 km in about 3 weeks. 

And now i start 2000 km trip but honestly my bag is killing me.. Only 2 days and 240 km abut my shoulders and soles foot dont feel very good. 

IMG_20190430_153213-2304x1728.jpg

• Like 1