Any Riders in Portland, OR?

PRINTERPAPER

I hope you find some locals. I went on my first group ride a couple of weeks ago and it was a blast  

Ill be down in pdx in first week of June for a conference. I am going to try and take my glide3 on the train down. If it works out i’d love to meet up and ride around.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 8:43 PM, PRINTERPAPER said:

I recently got an INMOTION V5F and my friend owns a Ninebot One C+. I'm wondering if there's anyone else who rides EUCs in the Portland area (also home to Rhyno Motors)

On 4/30/2019 at 4:03 PM, prasket said:

I hope you find some locals. I went on my first group ride a couple of weeks ago and it was a blast  

Ill be down in pdx in first week of June for a conference. I am going to try and take my glide3 on the train down. If it works out i’d love to meet up and ride around.

Hit me up if ya wanna ride, I'm mostly into tricks and stunts but I wanna ride too. Holler

www.instagram.com/eucsidestreetreny

• Upvote 1

Hai! I just got my V10F last week and I’ve already been riding all the streets and trails of Vancouver. Someone showed me a video of another EUC rider near me and I’m wondering who it is! I have only seen one in my life two years ago besides mine I just got. I would love to meet up with other riders! Please message me if you guys find out about any meetups in the Portland/Vancouver area. Thanks!

-Natasha

07DD76C8-90F6-459B-9E65-695D40AB52B2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone out there in PDX/Vancouver metro areas? I just got my first EUC, a V10. I'm looking for someone to help hold me up while I learn! I though just just just maybe I could do this without any assistance, but once I pulled it out of the box, thats a no. Actually a NO. With bold. And flashing lights. Anyhow. Hello!

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2019 at 8:35 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Hi!

Very good idea. You learn so much faster if the initial ride is just along someone you can hold on to!

Hi, I used a wall on the side of a home Depot. Was able to ride in about an hour but after 50+ miles I can typically get on first try and can maneuver well but still learning daily. Almost broke my shoulder not respecting this machine. Be safe and slow

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm thinking of picking up a wheel to commute with, in Beaverton/Hillsboro.  Just wondering how people in the area are able to use theirs.  Any problem riding in the bike lane?  Do the police have an opinion on EUC's these days?

I'm local. Once you make enough posts you can PM me and we can connect. I have a group of people that I know have wheels that we can ride with. 

I can't comment on Portland area as I haven't ridden there yet, but I have ridden around Eugene, Salem and other places. As long as your respectful of pedestrians. You're invisible. 

I ride right next to the State Police with my family, many of whom also ride, and I have never gotten any attention from the Police. My guess is your mileage may vary. When I ride though,  I make it a point to not fly by pedestrians and ride respectfully. 

My son used to ride our wheels to Sunset High School and then to the Tualatin Hills Aquatic Center everyday and I commuted to Hillsboro from Cedar Mills a couple times. Bike lanes usually work pretty well. But Cornell or Evergreen can get scary if you have cars passing you close by at 45 mph. Or you plan to ride through some neighborhood streets, which typically doesn't add too much time to your commute and much less stressful!

A King Song 18XL.  Probably not a typical first choice EUC, but in my situation there likely won't be a 2nd wheel or an upgrade any time soon.  I haven't ridden one before.  I just researched the heck out of it for features / design that appealed to me, and watched for what people hardly ever upgrade from.  It was a tough choice.  I hope I like it!  I think I will.  I did consider your Nikola, @EUC NW.  Looks sweet; just wanted a KS.

The 18xl is a solid all around choice. I originally was going to buy one but I couldn’t find one in my price range. I haven’t ridden one yet but if it’s like a V10F it’s going to handle awesome. I really like Inmotions ergonomics and it seems like most youtubers poo poo the V10 because it’s specs aren’t anything too fancy. But once you ride one with the high contact points, thin design and extremely smooth motor it’s awesome. The 18XL is as close as you can get to that similar ethos but with longer range, more speed and KingSong Reliability. Even on my MSX I don’t go 30 plus for long. 

No worries, my Nikola is going to a happy new owner on Friday! 

I think you made a solid choice! Give yourself time to learn to get over the dreaded Survival Reactions and you are going to have the time of your life!

• Like 1

Videos of the V10 were what sparked my interest about 6 months ago.  If I had a chance to test-drive all of these, I could see myself easily talked into the V10 or V10F.  I see the comparison the same way you describe it.

My current commute is 0 miles, so I've got plenty of time to play around and learn this thing.  Really looking forward to it!

• Like 1