EUC or eWheel

lqwertyd

So I am about 50 miles into my KS16S (previously I rode a Swagroller). I've had one bad spill (wrist guards and helmet were a big help) and I'm feeling like I'll be pretty comfortable on the thing in another 50.

What I find myself repeatedly uncomfortable with is saying the words "electric unicycle." It's long, and it just sounds kind of dorky. I know that's kind of the entire premise of this forum, but I was wondering if anyone on here had a similar experience. I think the EUC might benefit from a rebranding. What about just calling it an eWheel or something? Any thoughts? 

I tell them “electric UNICYCLE” and really really emphasize the word UNICYCLE, then I look at them right in eye and tell them that I am also a good juggler. “Yea I am still working on the burning machete but I am slowly working up to it” I try really hard not to smile while saying it; it quite entertaining to wait for a reaction.

• Like 1

I've told people "it's like half a Segway... it's just one of the wheels instead of two" and then they're REALLY confused. But I guess I do prefer "electric wheel" or "e-wheel". This discussion has played out on a couple of other threads, btw.

Edited by erk1024

I’ve been calling them e-wheels more frequently. 2 syllables vs 7 for “electric unicycle”. I do like EUC but it’s too esoteric to use with non-riders. Actually in practice I end up using all the terms and confusing the hell out of other people and myself. But E-wheel ftw so far.

• Like 1

I made a thread about this a little while ago, conclusion is that eWheel, Wheel, Monocycle, Solowheel are the most liked

I have resorted to getting more creative and wacky since I've been asked way too many times.

I tell them it's a Nimbus, Bionic Wheel, it's "magic....shhh don't tell anyone", Rolley-boy, Fun-time wheel

Maybe throw some Jabberwocky made up words in there - "Oh this? It's called a jub-jub."  "It's definitely a snicker-snack"

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tenofnine said:

I tell them it's a Nimbus, Bionic Wheel, it's "magic....shhh don't tell anyone", Rolley-boy, Fun-time wheel

I'm so gonna call it Nimbus, 24/7

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 11:14 PM, tessa25 said:

I call it an electric wheel and many times I just call it a wheel.

Same here, most of the time I just call it "wheel" and I think "electric wheel" is an excellent choice too. That doesn't work in any other language I am familiar with though.