I Kneed pads/Guards (you see what I did there...)

Simple one really. I'm assembling my kit before my inaugural non-door frame balanced ride. I've alluded to on some of my other posts my M.O with an EUC; commuter vehicle. Therefore still being able to wear my normal clothes is a key requirement.

To that end I have bought 6 different types of knee pad (I'll post an unscientific assessment at some point). I have been wearing them under a straight pair of jeans with a key requirement on them not being so visible. Not so easy.

Started out with POC VPD 2.0 - feels good impact protection wise but just too bulky and removable only over the foot.

I've ended up with the Leatt 3DF 5.0 ZIP. So I was curious if anyone else has used these and/or actually fallen with them?

Any other zip like knee pad suggestions? (I have tried the IXS flow zip = they felt fiddly and less impact resistant in my non-scientific test)

The Leatt seems to be the winner so far with comparable POC like impact dissipation and a marginally lower side profile (you can still see the knee pad under the jeans though). The only issue I have is their annoying sizing. S/M or L/XL and you guessed it; I'm in the middle. Not sure whether to go snug fit or looser fit. The latter means my knee doesn't feel placed in the cup area. Still slightly there with the smaller size but defo more placed. Too bad it is tight around the thigh!

Stealth plan is coming along:

Demon Flex Force X D3O jacket
Flexmaster D3O wrist guards
Undercover knee pads
Probably motocross gloves/something abrasion resistant.
Bike helmet for now moving to probably a snowboarding (bike and snowboarding rated helmet) and likely eventually a full face (liking the POC Coron Air, tres elegant!).

I can deal with the slight visibility if I know my armour (UK spelling is the correct way :P) is going to protect me from the seemingly inevitable fall. I'll just have to suck it up when it comes to wrecked clothing...

Edited by rinzler
extra questions!