Muscle build up

stephen

So I've never had big calfs and since riding my euc I've noticed my calf muscles getting bigger :o i live in the UK it is very hilly where i live so which ever way i go i hit a big hill , all the leaning with my legs is like doing continuous calf raises, has anyone else noticed muscle build up on the body?, i think my stomach muscles are solid i just need to lose the fat over the top to see them now 😂:D

IMG-20190427-121909.jpg
IMG-20190427-121622.jpg

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

I have seen this as well. I am 145miles in on my first EUC and my legs and stomach/core have been changing for the better. :) 

Whats funny is someone at work told me when she sees euc around town she thinks folks are being lazy. Ha

• Upvote 1

Depends on your fitness level before you got into EUC.

Before I got into EUCs, I'd try to get about an hour of running, bicycling, or weightlifting each and every day, minimum. Now I'm a sloth. I do go bicycling twice a week with a local bike club, but that is the "weekend warrior" that is proven to be quite unhealthy.

• Upvote 1

My shape and stamina improve markedly during the riding season, and in turn I gain a bit of weight every winter. Unfortunately the snow stops me from riding for 4 months every year.

As said, it depends on the base level you’re at. Also, getting sweaty during technical offroading is quite a different workout compared to just calmly cruising around the streets...

I just see bruises and loss of hair at the inner calf. Though I assume my shoulder muscles have been profiting, as I was never used to lift 15kg barbells :whistling:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Meelosh123 said:

I used to ride my bike a lot, but then I got the EUC.  I'd say my fitness level has decreased a bit.

Same, you do not get any real cardio with EUC (not talking about offroading).