Fitting the SPIKES - help needed ...

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

Hi my friends.

I'm recently interested to follow some YouTube tutorial, or any other recorded video clip, how to fix the SPIKES onto the pedal?

Our friend @Scatcat did provide me with his keen description and link, where to purchase the spikes.

Unfortunately it is totally new subject to me, and I wish I could watch some video tutorial,how to do it?

I have Ninebot E+, where the surface of the pedals is made of aluminium.

I'm unsure of how to fix the spikes?

Should I drill the matching spike's size hole, and then fix the spike into that hole..?

It seems to be logical, but I don't want to damage the pedals in case I'm wrong...

I'll be appreciate for any help in this matter please.

Thank you guys...  

Guest PogArt Artur
4 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

@Rehab1 has some good info about the spikes. I would not use spikes, personally, I would not like to be unable to re-position my feet. Why do you want pedal spikes heading into summer in the UK? 

I'll try to get in touch with @Rehab1 then...

Cheers.

I don't know to be honest what to say...

I don't like my feet slipper slightly on the pedals, it's ok, but I'd wish much firmer connect, if that's making sense?

Not to bond them at all, just firmer than it is already.

I wish to put about two spikes at the heel, then at a front maybe 2 or 3, and then at a side one spike?

It's raining for few days atm, and my boots losing the grip slightly while wet...

I don't like that feeling at all :)

54 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

don't like my feet slipper slightly on the pedals, it's ok, but I'd wish much firmer connect, if that's making sense?

Not to bond them at all, just firmer than it is already

On my kingsong ks16s i bought some adhesive foam and put onto the pedals for comfyness and bought some adhesive skateboard grip tape to go on top of that also, the grip was excellent😊😊 i will probably do that on my other wheels when needed to 😊

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
8 minutes ago, stephen said:

On my kingsong ks16s i bought some adhesive foam and put onto the pedals for comfyness and bought some adhesive skateboard grip tape to go on top of that also, the grip was excellent😊😊 i will probably do that on my other wheels when needed to 😊

That's interesting!

Instead of spikes - cushioning :)

I need to see it one day, so I might go for it as well?

Cushion sounds good to my feet :), I'm feeling some foot sore, sometime more, other days less,but it's there...

Guest PogArt Artur
2 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I think what you want might just be griptape. 

The grip tape is fitted long time ago, it doesn't work well, if the sole of my boots gets wet...

As I said, it's not too bad, but I need to be able control the wheel with one foot placed, but I can't do it properly when the sole's wet, it's slides a bit over the pedal,so I'm struggling to adjust the direction of the wheel...

2 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

The grip tape is fitted long time ago, it doesn't work well, if the sole of my boots gets wet...

As I said, it's not too bad, but I need to be able control the wheel with one foot placed, but I can't do it properly when the sole's wet, it's slides a bit over the pedal,so I'm struggling to adjust the direction of the wheel...

The foam just helps with some vibrations and grip tape fits all the pedal ,so full grip over the whole pedal will be better, has your E+ just got strips of grip tape? , If so a full pedal with grip should help 😊

Guest PogArt Artur
14 minutes ago, stephen said:

The foam just helps with some vibrations and grip tape fits all the pedal ,so full grip over the whole pedal will be better, has your E+ just got strips of grip tape? , If so a full pedal with grip should help 😊

No strips of grip tape @stephen ,but cut out stripes into the grip tape, to make a room for the pedal's original rubber to pop out...

The shape of the aluminium has a cut outs for that rubber to fit...

So I did follow that shape, I've covered full pedal with the grip tape, but the rubber cut outs are there...

If that's making any sense ...

IMG_26042019_210743_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.760716ea3828eb690b402cf8a4342198.jpg

Edited by PogArt Artur

27 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

No strips of grip tape @stephen ,but cut out stripes into the grip tape, to make a room for the pedal's original rubber to pop out...

The shape of the aluminium has a cut outs for that rubber to fit...

So I did follow that shape, I've covered full pedal with the grip tape, but the rubber cut outs are there...

If that's making any sense ...

IMG_26042019_210743_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.760716ea3828eb690b402cf8a4342198.jpg

Well this is what i did with my kingsong ks16s

Screenshot-20190426-212158-com-google-an
IMG-20180825-185823.jpg
IMG-20180825-185828.jpg

• Like 2

Part of riding competently an EUC has a lot to do with precise foot positioning on the fly. I am afraid that you are suffering from the anxiety of slipping off the NB1, this is normal at this phase on this wheel. Some experienced riders also express frustration at the NB1 and V10F pedals.

My solution is to use good rubber soles. Rubber against rubber makes a good contact and gives you ease of foot positioning. I use the same shoes on the V10F that has pedals very similar to the NB1. 

These are $10 shoes with soft rubber soles. When they are finished I buy a new pair. They have to have good longitudinal and lateral rigidity for good control.

Spikes? Nop, not for me, ever...

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.75e0c2ec716a4aec5748a644dabf8c0e.jpg

Edited by pico
corr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pico said:

Part of riding competently an EUC has a lot to do with precise foot positioning on the fly. I am afraid that you are suffering from the anxiety of slipping off the NB1, this is normal at this phase on this wheel. Some experienced riders also express frustration at the NB1 and V10F pedals.

My solution is use good rubber soles. Rubber against rubber makes a good contact and gives you ease of foot positioning. I use the same shoes on the V10F that has pedals very similar to the NB1. 

These are $10 shoes with soft rubber soles. When they are finished I buy a new pair. They have to have good longitudinal and lateral rigidity for good control.

Same,,,, i always wear sketchers flat and soft sole helps 😊

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
6 minutes ago, stephen said:

Well this is what i did with my kingsong ks16s

Screenshot-20190426-212158-com-google-an
IMG-20180825-185823.jpg
IMG-20180825-185828.jpg

I like it much more than I thought.

My sole might slipper over the original rubber stripes,that are sticking out above the grip tape's surface...

I think it would help, if the entire surface would be solid, covered by grip tape in full, as on your pictures...

Could you please provide a link , to let me buy that self adhesive rubber @stephen ?

I'd like to try your way :) 

Guest PogArt Artur
11 minutes ago, pico said:

My solution is to use good rubber soles. Rubber against rubber makes a good contact and gives you ease of foot positioning. I use the same shoes on the V10F that has pedals very similar to the NB1. 

Thank you...

Spikes came to me lately, as an option.

I have bought motorbike boots with soft sole, to increase the grip.

They might be less rubber alike, than yours,but the full protection for my feet is my principal.

I'll try to cover the pedals as @stephen suggests.

And yes, I'm still on learning curve, so I might suffer all those issues recently...

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

I like it much more than I thought.

My sole might slipper over the original rubber stripes,that are sticking out above the grip tape's surface...

I think it would help, if the entire surface would be solid, covered by grip tape in full, as on your pictures...

Could you please provide a link , to let me buy that self adhesive rubber @stephen ?

I'd like to try your way :) 

Prices have changed but there's a guideline

Lama333 Neoprene Sponge Rubber Self Adhesive, 23CM Wide, 1M Long (3mm Thick) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DKBK1PL/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_852WCbAY262R9

Jessup Grip Tape sheet https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A4ECCKI/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_y72WCbY3EQFJG

Screenshot-20190426-214707-com-amazon-m-

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

Thank you...

Spikes came to me lately, as an option.

I have bought motorbike boots with soft sole, to increase the grip.

They might be less rubber alike, than yours,but the full protection for my feet is my principal.

I'll try to cover the pedals as @stephen suggests.

And yes, I'm still on learning curve, so I might suffer all those issues recently...

Thank you.

I also suggest just getting some comfy flat soled shoes ,your ankles will stop hurting once your confident riding your euc , i like to feel the pedals i dont like hard soles my feet feel numb. But i also like grip and the new grip tape helped me slipping forward when hitting bumps

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
7 minutes ago, stephen said:

Prices have changed but there's a guideline

Lama333 Neoprene Sponge Rubber Self Adhesive, 23CM Wide, 1M Long (3mm Thick) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DKBK1PL/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_852WCbAY262R9

Jessup Grip Tape sheet https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A4ECCKI/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_y72WCbY3EQFJG

Screenshot-20190426-214707-com-amazon-m-

I'm eager to try it on!!!

Thanks a lot :)

Best shoes I've tried are Nike Metcon, but lately I've been skateboarding a lot and the Adidas skate line is all pretty good too. My favorites are the Busenitz pro and the Lucas Premier. These are the kind that work best for me. 

71M9P2GUHGL._UX395_.jpg

Busenitz_Pro_Shoes_Black_B22767_01_stand

Lucas_Premiere_Shoes_Black_DB3080_01_sta

• Upvote 1

Guest PogArt Artur
5 minutes ago, stephen said:

I also suggest just getting some comfy flat soled shoes ,your ankles will stop hurting once your confident riding your euc , i like to feel the pedals i dont like hard soles my feet feel numb. But i also like grip and the new grip tape helped me slipping forward when hitting bumps

My motorbike boots probably aren't as soft regarding the sole, but I like the extra protection..?IMG_26042019_220112_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.13be6775e4fb3af8e915c5d1483ade7a.jpg

4 minutes ago, stephen said:

COSOOS Skateboard Grip Tape Sheet 44x10.6 inch, Bubble Free, Waterproof, Black Scooter Grip Tape, Longboard Griptape, Sandpaper for Rollerboard, Stairs, Pedal, Pistol, Wheelchair, Step (110x27cm) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079DNCJPN/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_je3WCbNTCS863

CHEERS !

Guest PogArt Artur
5 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Best shoes I've tried are Nike Metcon, but lately I've been skateboarding a lot and the Adidas skate line is all pretty good too. My favorites are the Busenitz pro and the Lucas Premier. These are the kind that work best for me. 

71M9P2GUHGL._UX395_.jpg

Busenitz_Pro_Shoes_Black_B22767_01_stand

Lucas_Premiere_Shoes_Black_DB3080_01_sta

These are good looking, and if they work as good keeping the grip, than it's even better!

Thanks for suggestion @kasenutty

5 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

My motorbike boots probably aren't as soft regarding the sole, but I like the extra protection..?IMG_26042019_220112_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.13be6775e4fb3af8e915c5d1483ade7a.jpg

CHEERS !

I don't like a high heels as it feels like your tipping forward ,,,

Guest PogArt Artur
3 minutes ago, stephen said:

Just select size .. It's only a guide you can find your own as ive not used these in links but thought I'd look anyway 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223329287209

Cheers @stephen !

What thickness works for you, 3mm should be ok?

I think you've got 3mm, don't you?

Guest PogArt Artur
5 minutes ago, stephen said:

I don't like a high heels as it feels like your tipping forward ,,,

I know, they're not as high, but noticeable, I know ...

I was searching for flat soles, but couldn't find any...