KingSong App hacked?

Thai-lad

My KS app (and KS chat?) activated themselves today, even though I'm nowhere near my wheel and did not select the app from my screen, and I always stop the execution after I'm finished using it.  I suspect the notoriously poor quality coding of KS has finally become a security liability. I have deleted the app from my Samsung mobile.  

Wouldn't surprise me, but being in security ops for day job not much like this does. 

I hear Wheellog is a great app for Android devices, and from what I've read on here seems to be a solid developer with proper practices and they have the code on Github. 

I also avoid the Inmotion app (mostly privacy reasons as I don't meed social aspects to my ride app) and use Darknessbot on iOS. 

Many apps are always running in the background even when you stop them. Inmotion does and it sounds like King Song does. Uninstalling is the only way to stop them. I thought a force stop would work with Inmotion, but I was wrong. These app manufactures need to give us an Exit in the settings area.

I force stopped it a while ago and hadn't used it since.  Somehow it got retriggered and further started making connection sounds (think it was the chat feature).  I noticed this the same day I saw a pop-up on my phone about power sharing and needing a special cable which I dismissed (I've never activated any power sharing apps or features).  Further, I looked at the connection log and saw it had been transferring data when I was linked to wifi.  Since this app is A) Chinese  B ) Poorly written  and C) not downloaded from the Google store, I no longer trust it.  I've removed it completely.  I suggest you monitor it's behavior if you have it installed.  I have Wheellog installed as well.