Kingsong 18s?

You could ask @Jason McNeil (or any other bigger shop, really) to order you one with his next shipment. Surely that can't be a big problem.

At least one Euro dealer does this, you can order on demand: https://eunicycles.eu/en/18-inch-wheels/37-king-song-ks-18s-sports-black-1680wh.html

Or even contact Kingsong directly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You could ask @Jason McNeil (or any other bigger shop, really) to order you one with his next shipment. Surely that can't be a big problem.

We have a new supply on the way, about 4 weeks out. These will have all the permutations of White/Black, 840Wh/1680Wh. Thanks to the tall chassis it's still one of the best 'seated wheels' out there, giving it an extended lease on life. There's a free set of XL pedals with preorders. 

https://www.ewheels.com/product/king-song-18s-840wh-1680wh-1500w-motor/

• Like 1

+1 for 2000w motor. I have extreme difficulty even reaching the 50kph/31mph speed limit on the 18s. In fact, I’ve only hit like 29.9 mph before. It feels like I’m at the limit of the machines potential when I’m only cruising at 27mph on the app. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Yep, why is there no 18SL? Put the new 18(X)L board and motor in there, that can't be so complicated.

I might be in the minority here, but I find the 84V 18L/XL motor/board setup a bit boring compared to the 67V 18S setup/firmware. The 18S has this cock back action with every angling/turn, whereas the newer 18L/XL neutered everything, making it rubbery equally rocking back and forth, reminiscent of the InMotion V8/V10F feel.

Plus, the 84V 18L/XL 2kW motor should feel overwhelmingly more powerful than the weaker 67V 1500W 18S motor, but it doesn't for some reason (might need more firmware revision tweaking(?) as the 18S FW was fine tuned over the years)

But the real reason I think they haven't spec bumped/upgraded the 18S is due to the lack of popularity in the design unfortunately.

26 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

Kingsong need to keep the 18s form factor. I will always love my 18s! It could use a 2k motor though.

4 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

+1 for 2000w motor. I have extreme difficulty even reaching the 50kph/31mph speed limit on the 18s. In fact, I’ve only hit like 29.9 mph before. It feels like I’m at the limit of the machines potential when I’m only cruising at 27mph on the app. 

Agreed! +1 (*cough* @tinawong@Vicky Huang@US69 :ph34r:)

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, john Gelinas said:

Anyone willing to sell their kingsong 18s? I can't find any places that sell them anymore, just the 18l,18xl 16's

18S is my go-to wheel! Favorite wheel I have and it would be the last wheel I would get rid of. I don't think I'll buy another one I can't sit on. Sitting, even if briefly, gives the feet a nice break and makes my rides so much more enjoyable; extends the range I want to ride several fold as well. I'm so much more stable on it while seated at high speeds (not going to get the death wobble). Get one; I think you'll be very happy with it!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I have an 18-KS i purchased last September and have yet to take outside and learn to ride.  My new health condition prevents it.  I took it out of the box, which I still have, and tried a few balancing exercises on it and that's it.  This unit is brand new.  Its white, has the 1500w motor, and the upgraded 1680wh battery, along with original charger and seat, and also the speed charger.  I have lost my job and am selling this unit which sells for $1800 from what I'm seeing online.  I would take $1400 plus shipping costs if anyone is interested.  I will only offer for sale at that price till midnight tonight.  No scratches on body, 100% of original tire tread, never taken outside of my home.