Want To Buy: Defective Z10 for parts

31 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

@houseofjob because a battery pack cost $900 alone. Hopefully can get an entire used wheel for near that price. I am very sad at the moment. $2000 for a wheel that has one communicating battery limited to 16 mph. 

Ah, crap, I'm sorry. :o

You isolated the issue to the bad cells or bad battery BMS?

You might try to haggle with China sellers, as that's the culture there, haggling is a given.

Also, 1RadWerkstatt I've heard briefly sold the Z (not sure now), and they're experts at batteries. I might contact them and see what they might be able to do for you, might even be able to build you a higher capacity pack with 3.5Ah cells!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Ah, crap, I'm sorry. :o

You isolated the issue to the bad cells or bad battery BMS?

You might try to haggle with China sellers, as that's the culture there, haggling is a given.

Also, 1RadWerkstatt I've heard briefly sold the Z (not sure now), and they're experts at batteries. I might contact them and see what they might be able to do for you, might even be able to build you a higher capacity pack with 3.5Ah cells!

I am fairly certain the BMS has failed on my unit, but I could be wrong. Working with my seller trying to get Ninebot to warranty it, but we all know at this point that they're pretty tone deaf to anyone not in China. I am just trying to get a plan in place if they don't cover it under warranty because I don't have high hopes that they will. I would be extremely appreciative if you could inquire about this other battery pack you speak of. I am trying to not get too down about it but it's extremely hard. The weather is finally warm and I can't ride.

2 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

I would be extremely appreciative if you could inquire about this other battery pack you speak of.

I was just connecting the dots, as 1Rad has apparently sold Z's, and they're known for making custom aftermarket battery packs, plus if they would be able to make a custom Z pack, you could choose 3.5 Ah cells like LG MJ1's so that the capacity would be greater than the Z10 (as the current packs were lower due to supply constraints).

I've heard the 1Rad guys speak great English, so wouldn't hurt to hit them up.

Or perhaps @US69 could chime in, as he is well acquainted with them I believe.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

Remember that you guys are 14s packs on the Z10, instead of 15S packs on all other Ninebots on earth.  In case you are seeking a custom pack, be sure they realize this when they hear Ninebot. 

• Like 1