On 6/17/2019 at 11:07 PM, Seba said:

1. These settings and features wasn't changed and reflect Github repo I forked from. As I don't have a Gotway wheel, I was not able to develop/test it.

2. If I understan correctly - are you asking to add actual speed reading at the end of "Slow down" message?

3. Well, I know that alerts logic may seem tricky. In general, you should set alerts from low priority to high priority. So for example - lowest priority set to 30 km/h, medium priority to 35 km/h, high priority to 40 km/h. Alert will work only if speed is set to non-zero value. As for battery alert I assumed that there is no direct danger accompanied with low-battery condition. Usually wheel will limit speed and starts to tilt back, so I set battery alarm as a non-critical warning that doesn't need to be repeated like speed, overcurrent and overtemperature alerts (that in my opinion should be addressed/responded immediately by the rider).

4. I'm considering adding two-level alert. One "instant" that you can set to detect abnormal spikes (as is currently) and another for filtered, "sustained" current value.

Adding voice/audio alerts and ability to log rides online were main causes I decided to fork WheelLog and continue develop it. Especially voice/audio messages and alerts are far superior to wheel beeps, because they are usually gone in wind noise.

Thank you :) I'll try to find someone with Tesla so I'll be able to test and fix it. But this may take some time.

Originally, I made it for myself, just to allow my blog readers to watch me live on map when I was on a longer tour. Soon realized that other EUCers would love to use this functionality, so I made it available to anyone interested. Seems it was a good decision, as euc.world is going to be more and more popular among EUC riders. I'm glad they find my work useful and this makes me motivated to expand it's functionality and add new features

5. PS. Would you like to have a WheelLog in Swedish language? :) If yes, pconsider making translation. If you're interested, PM me and I will give you details and advices. In short, it shouldn't take more than one hour. You just need to translate two XML files. Not a complicated thing. Voice alerts are much more functional when used in native language.

1. I just made a new post in this thread (see below) and atached a fork that worked, if that helps.

2. Correct, that would be nice if you have several alarms. Same thing with battery level. Since then i can turn of the repeating message (or make it less frequent) and just hear it when its actually important.

3. Battery warning can be quite useful on "long tours". I normally try to start going home around 55% battery (regardless of speed) but before i had the readout i sometimes missed it and had to "crawl" the last kilometers (never fun to be overtaken by bicyclists :-) ).

So my idea was to set speed alarm for safety and battery alarm for convenience (basically it tells me its time to return home)

4. That would be really useful especially when riding in hills. I start to wonder if the peak amps can be right since i get 100A alarm allmost every time i start or go over a bump. Today i was jumping with my kuji pads and got a 180A spike, that sounds too high for the wheel to still be alive? Or is that really Normal? A readout of the amps would of course be nice when you get amp alarm as well :-)

5. I actually run everything in English (pc, phone, apps) as its a lot easier to "describe issues" or "find settings" since the majority of the world speak English.

But if you want i could translate it either way, its good to have options to get people into the app :-) I dont have excel (except the free online version of course), I use open office, but xml shouldnt be a problem there unless there are certain functions or conditional formatting as those sometimes dont work very well between the two applications.

Thanks again

Edited by Boogieman

Dear euc.world users,

I'm planning to make one change to euc.world and would love to know your opinion. I would like to allow viewing of public tours that are visible on main map. Currently, the main map shows icons of EUC riders representing their recent public journeys. However, in order to be able to see them from this map, you must first log in. This also means that you need to have signed up with euc.world. Such a solution has the disadvantage that public tour is in fact not public. The idea of the euc.world was to show others that electric unicycles are very popular all over the world (hence the choice of the name) and that they can be used to travel at very different distances and in very different places. I would like to remove this restriction so that the public tours shown on the map will be accessible to all visitors.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Seba said:

. I would like to allow viewing of public tours that are visible on main map

It'll definitely help promote EUCs if people who land on the site can see the tours we do (distance, pics,etc). As far as I'm concerned, public means public, so my public tours never start from right in front of my house. Perhaps you could add a 4th privacy option: "Visible only to euc.world members". Or users could save you the work and just review the privacy settings of each of our tours (and make use of the fact that you implemented that option) 😉

BTW, am off to check out your "800 km across Poland" thread, I've been looking forward to it!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Seba said:

Dear euc.world users,

I would like to remove this restriction so that the public tours shown on the map will be accessible to all visitors.

That is ok with a few restrictions in my opinion.

1. Do not show speed (or time and distance traveled since then you can calculate speed) to avoid any regulatory issues. I would actually prefer if this was possible to be hidden also when logged in, unless i chose to share it via i.e. a link.

2. Do not show power (in the same way as above) as this is also regulated in many countries.

3. Only show current ongoing ride (not history) as history patterns can tell unwanted people when you are away from home to plan illegal activities.

4. Proposal: add a "chat/message function" between online users. In that way it's a lot easier to meet fellow EUCers & build groups for group rides. Initiate the chat here and then continue in a Disqus group :-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Base your testing on the latest .31 from euc.world 

I found out why I am running an old version and my friend was not. I used the first link as per image. Have downloaded new version now.

- Shortcut to euc.world web page in wheel log (on wheel log page) is missing in new version .31 also on my phone. It was liked and present on .28

- I see there are battery alarms added (among other nice features), SWEET :-)

- Showing wheel log with screen locked works (after pressing home button to wake screen of course), BUT unfortunatelly so does back button which means 2 accidental clicks in pocket closes wheellog

- automatic upload to cloud does not seem to work for me. After ticking checkbox, phone ask for which account and when i select an account the tick disappears (same as on .28)

Phone Samsung galaxy s9+ android 9.0 - OneUi 1.0

@Seba first download link on euc.world points to old version, see attached image.

Screenshot_20190717-115207_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0bfec7bafc02d0fa84a506cced76f1d.jpg

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

@Seba: May I suggest you to make user's name more anonymous if you make these public tours visible to everyone. Perhaps we want to make the tour visible but not our identity. user-0013 or user-0067 should be ok. I think a registered user may see the nickname, login name or something like that.

If you anonymize users, perhaps regulatory threat is not really an issue.  Nonetheless, it may be wise not to show speed or something which can help  compute the average speed if it may be touchy.

Perhaps you can hide first and last  kilometer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

1. Do not show speed (or time and distance traveled since then you can calculate speed) to avoid any regulatory issues. I would actually prefer if this was possible to be hidden also when logged in, unless i chose to share it via i.e. a link.

2. Do not show power (in the same way as above) as this is also regulated in many countries.

3. Only show current ongoing ride (not history) as history patterns can tell unwanted people when you are away from home to plan illegal activities.

4. Proposal: add a "chat/message function" between online users. In that way it's a lot easier to meet fellow EUCers & build groups for group rides. Initiate the chat here and then continue in a Disqus group :-)

1. I plan to add general option that will allow to show/hide speed and other parameters that can be used to determine/calculate speed. You will be able to change it later individually per tour.

2. Got it, will add such option as well.

3. Only latest public tour is shown on main map, so no history. History of public tours will be available later, but every user will be required to explicitly enable this in their accounts settings.

4. Added to my "to do" list, but there are already todo's with higher importance level ;-)

56 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

I found out why I am running an old version and my friend was not. I used the first link as per image.

@Seba first download link points to old version, see attached image

Fixed. Thanks for pointing out this problem.

7 minutes ago, koto said:

@Seba: May I suggest you to make user's name more anonymous if you make these public tours visible to everyone. Perhaps we want to make the tour visible but not our identity. user-0013 or user-0067 should be ok. I think a registered user may see the nickname, login name or something like that.

If you anonymize users, perhaps regulatory threat is not really an issue.  Nonetheless, it may be wise not to show speed or something which can help  compute the average speed if it may be touchy.

Perhaps you can hide first and last  kilometer.

I plan to add an option to hide some part of beginning and ending of a tour, so even if started/finished at home or other private place, it won't be disclosed. Username anonimization could be also a good idea.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Maybe those stats could be hidden in the public tours but available for other euc.world users. Then again, not sure any law enforcement agencies are aware of (and even less likely, using) euc.world. And from there to tracing a tour back to a user... It's a bit of a stretch. Even if you get stopped while on tour, them linking your ride to euc.world is unlikely, and even if they did... I don't think those are legally valid grounds to fine anyone... 

Wouldn't it just be easier to use a username that provides no personally identifiable information, and start recording tours when a block or two from home? (pending the implementation of the "privacy delimitation area" and Seba mentioned in the past). 

I understand your privacy, safety and legal concerns (I hadn't thought about the latter two) , but feel that it's much easier for us users to apply caution and take responsibility for our own online choices (it's as simple as not using real names and being selective about what we make public). I say this because euc.world is a one man operation, after all, and the more we complicate things that can be easily solved elsewise, the less time Seba will have to develop other functions (site and WheelLog). But that's just my opinion. Those are interesting issues you raise :)
  • Like 1

@travsformation

Inddeed, I never use my public name if in doubt.

Though I am mostly thinking of the future of EUC's.

Partially offtopic, but would like to explain myslef :-) no pun to anyone here, just to our stupid politicians and media, so bare with me being slightly angry but its not on you guys ;-)

Here in Sweden, since VOI came, there was ONE lethal accident due to a user going downhill, to fast, not being able to stop for a car. The media went crazy and suddenly everyone had an opinion how dangerous this type of vehicle is (not mentioning ANYTHING about the huge amount that are killed in car and bicycle accidents nor any comparison in % just ridiculously, non thought through media craze).

Since out government is a bunch of "not very think it through people" one of those morons (that dont even know the law=the scooters are fully legal) thought those vehicles are illegal since they dont have pedals (and that the police should decide LOL, that shows how little thst guy know about rules) = that is not a bike with power assist..... and I think You can guess what will be next when the big group of scooterd are considered...yes ALL versions of  small electrical vehicles including pur beloved EUCs

Its like forbidding all kids to start riding a bicycle because they will fall when they learn. And is it more acceptable to se a child fall than a grown up that should be able to take care of himself (not be babysitted by some politician that doesnt know shit about the electric vehicle ease on enviroments and so on). Sorry, I really get upset when beurocrats think their first reaction is the best and even more upset when the "communist newspaper" spreads it like its a good thing / idea.

Put an age restriction on those rental vehicles and 90% of the accidents would go away. Same thing should go for electric bikes in that case. How can a pair of pedals that can break your leg make it safer LMAO

Source (anonymized) http://privatelink.de/en/?https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aftonbladet.se%2Fnyheter%2Fa%2FwPx7yo%2Fefter-dodsolyckan-forbjud-elsparkcyklar

Its also on a EU level now from what I remember reading, but don't remember where i read it.

So, thats one reason. The other is of course free info to legal departments. It doesn't necessarily have to be YOU they are targeting but rather the entire group of vehicles when deciding on laws :-) If they want info from someone who knows they should talk to THE RIDERS, not guessing.

There is an analytics firm that have gathered data about accidents last year, i have linked to it somewhere on this forum, and i basically dont want to feed the fish ;-)

What is REALLY GOOD is the enviromental info on euc.world I think this will be very useful when the day comes that we need to "fight for our right to EUC" as enviroment is something VIRAL in politics right now. That and immigration questions are the two big ones in Sweden at least.

Edited by Boogieman

5 hours ago, travsformation said:
I understand your privacy, safety and legal concerns (I hadn't thought about the latter two) , but feel that it's much easier for us users to apply caution and take responsibility for our own online choices (it's as simple as not using real names and being selective about what we make public). I say this because euc.world is a one man operation, after all, and the more we complicate things that can be easily solved elsewise, the less time Seba will have to develop other functions (site and WheelLog). But that's just my opinion. Those are interesting issues you raise :)

Yes, it is easier for users to apply caution but they are limited to what is available from the app. From security point of view, the default config should be maximum  privacy and the app should let the user the ability to make some personal info to be public. A per user feature is generally more time consuming than global feature when it comes for the developer point of view. Anyway, some "key" feature deserve that we spend time developing them as it should be done. The point is to decide which feature should be considered as a key feature.

Sorry for the long-winded tech support help post,  but I am lost.

Hi, I am trying to mate my Pixel XL and Pebble 2 watch to my KS18S.  Version is .31 sideloaded, I'm using Android Q beta (which shouldn't really affect anything, but I can switch back if needed).

I have successfully set the Pebble watch up with webble and, it appears to be up and running.  

Watch shows the main screen and updates it properly (Battery %, speed, temp), however alarms did not work (I set it to 20 MPH to test, and I clearly was exceeding this speed), the horn function by pressing the middle button does not work, and the second screen (top speed, travel time, etc) does not update.  Holding the middle button down just vibrates my watch but does not do anything.

Am I missing something?  I'm trying to figure out how to get the second screen to start working, but it just shows zeroes all around.

I tried entering the settings option in the Pebble app for Wheellog, but it doesn't load.

The app on the phone appears to function properly. 

I was using Darknessbot on iPhone and the wheel still wants to connect to it on startup (via KingSongMusic).  Do I need to delete the saved bluetooth connection from my iPhone?  I manually disabled bluetooth on my iPhone and restarted the wheel and Wheellog properly connects to it, although none of my alarms seem to work on the watch.  

Cliffnotes version:

- Alarms don't work on Pebble watch
- Second screen displaying top speed, travel time, etc does not update on watch
- Horn does not work (I set it up properly in the actual Wheellog app)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! TIA

@Lefteris Yes! This worked. Everything appears to function as normal now. I’m using an Android with no data strictly for Wheellog so the live map feature serves me no purpose, as long as i get my alarms and watch functionality. Thank you so much! 

• Like 1

I'm so glad that you made it work. If i may go even deeper, you have upgraded from an older version to the .31 one but the app kept some core files intact, that is why i suggested that you re-install instead of maybe upgrading it ;) 

On 7/17/2019 at 2:58 PM, Boogieman said:

So, thats one reason. The other is of course free info to legal departments. It doesn't necessarily have to be YOU they are targeting but rather the entire group of vehicles when deciding on laws :-) If they want info from someone who knows they should talk to THE RIDERS, not guessing.

There is an analytics firm that have gathered data about accidents last year, i have linked to it somewhere on this forum, and i basically dont want to feed the fish ;-)

I understand your frustration with bureaucrats and politicians... It's the same here in Spain... 

But I still stand by my original position that, given the limitations involved in a one-man operation, it's very easy for users to take responsibility instead of burdening the developer: all we have to do is be mindful, and for instance, if you plan on riding faster than the speed limit, either don't log the tour, or make it private/available only to people with the link. It's as easy as that 😉 

Just as each of us is an "EUC ambassador" every time we go out for a ride (respecting traffic regulations, not riding recklessly, being courteous towards pedestrians, etc.), it's very easy to do the same thing online 😊

Plus, bureaucrats live in the stone age... They don't make distinctions between eScooters and all the other "electric thingies", so I think it's safe to assume their tech ignorance extends to other areas as well. I wouldn't be too paranoid about anyone using euc.world for legislation purposes... It seems highly unlikely. And if they did decide to do so, what data they come across is ultimately up to us... 😉😊

• Like 3

On 7/21/2019 at 12:37 PM, travsformation said:

if you plan on riding faster than the speed limit, either don't log the tour, or make itprivate/available only to people with the link. It's as easy as that

Just as each of us is an "EUC ambassador" every time we go out for a ride (respecting traffic regulations, not riding recklessly, being courteous towards pedestrians, etc.), it's very easy to do the same thing online 

Not logging (or set private) tours that are illegal would mean most EUC riders in Europe shouldn't log any tours public as most wheels are made for speeds higher than the maximum allowed (and has more power than allowed) to be classified as a bicycle (or other unregistered vehicle type allowed on the streets or bicycle lanes) and I think very few ride at max 20-25km/h which is the speed limit variation covering MOST EU countries (I have posted a link on the subject earlier, not sure if it was in this thread, Norway being one exception allowing 60km/h but they are about to change that, Im sure not higher :-/ ). 

Making it private when illegal is an option but following that idea, noone would be visible on the map (as per illegal info above), making spontaneous rides with other EUCers (that you don't know or have sent link to or gotten link from) pretty difficult. And i guess that also means the other info like saved CO2 stats, total EUC miles ridden for the world would not be logged?  

But it's good to have a discussion about it.

I don't think (speculative) the data will be used by the police (also I don't think (speculative) it would be considered allowed evidence even if there was an accident) but the bureau's that do investigations as a base for the legal proposal (in my country) had more info than i ever would have thought and surely they are focused on sourcing info from as many sources as possible. I would not be surprised if they would take a look at EUC world to get a feeling about speeds traveled, roads used and so on as that would give detail in the reports they are paid to do = they could make more money for their firm. 

I'm not saying Seba must introduce all features, its his choice, but since he asked for an opinion i gave mine. 

Thus my proposal stand, make all info public except the info that might harm the EUC community, individual riders or likewise (like speed and connected parameters).

Opinions differ, thats how good discussions form.

• Like 2

Then maybe change the rules of the website for proper use, rules of conduct etc.. That will clarify that all information stored cannot be used it cases like that that and that etc. So that way they "won't".. 

I don't know I'm just reaching out here heh 

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 1

@Seba a problem with euc.world?

The Steel legs section (Total distance of all tours) shows lower totals than yesterday.

ignored it, I just saw "Latest 30 days"...... :rolleyes:

Edited by Hansolo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hansolo said:

@Seba a problem with euc.world?

The Steel legs section (Total distance of all tours) shows lower totals than yesterday.

ignored it, I just saw "Latest 30 days"...... :rolleyes:

Yup :) This is the change I announced some time ago. Now it's much more motivating to ride, as only last 30 days is taken into account. So no longer old activity plays a role in actual results. Anyone can now be a leader :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/23/2019 at 5:12 AM, Boogieman said:

And i guess that also means the other info like saved CO2 stats, total EUC miles ridden for the world would not be logged?  

Fortunately CO2 and other anonymous, aggregated stats are taken from all tours, regardless of their privacy settings.

On 7/23/2019 at 5:12 AM, Boogieman said:

I'm not saying Seba must introduce all features, its his choice, but since he asked for an opinion i gave mine. 

Exactly, I asked for opinions as I'm not the one who got exclusive right to be always right :D However I also have to constantly remind myself that my time is limited. I will keep both euc.world and WheelLog developed in long-term. It's some kind of social commitment I've made to my existing and new users. So I have to wisely manage my time and other resources. Most important things goes first, other have to wait. So I will add special tour setting that will do following:

1. Keep all data visible as currently is.
  2. Will hide all speed, time and duration information and will present track on the map in single, green color.
  3. In addition to point 2, there will be no graphs at all.

I think that such option will be enough, so we can share our rides with public and at the same time keep some "sensitive" data private.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1