On 6/15/2019 at 5:12 PM, Boogieman said:

Wheel setting menu

- light (strobe on off). Works, but also changes led pattern at each change to off. Same way mike physical button works. No biggie, but would be sweet to isolate the functions. One light only and one ring light selection menu :-) Also here it beeped as confirmation one time in the middle of testing out of 10 light changes. Otherwise no beep confirm.

- alarm mode: to be tested

- pedal mode = WORKS (but no beep confirmation). Soft mode is soo horrible, medium hard are more similar. Reason i think it works is that if wheel is idling and i listen when changing setting, the wheel makes "more noise" initially when changing to "hard" (but then fades down more quiet), when i change to soft it keeps "quiet" (no raised sound from motor when idling). ONE TIME when changing back and fotward i heard a confirmation beep (after maybe 10-15tries). Could be that comms are sent to quick? Would really love confirmation beep on important/safety wheel settings back (worked in old original 2.0.04 version for the tesla)

- Wheel speed limit (tilt back speed), does not work. Tested 20km/h and easily rode 40km/h still no tiltback. Worked in 2.0.04 original app.

- Calibration. What does it do? Not seen before and nothing happens when pressed. Is it the upright angle?

- my Wheel is gotway mcm: not checked

- battery voltage, works, set to 84V, but. My wheel is 84V tesla. App reports 82V when battery 97% and wheel idle. Isn't that to low?

These settings and features wasn't changed and reflect Github repo I forked from. As I don't have a Gotway wheel, I was not able to develop/test it.

- Speed alarm highest priority. 20km/h 100% WORKS! Says "slow down" in headphones while listening to music. COOOOOL :-D LOVE IT! If i could ask for one thing it would be, slow down speed is xx km/h especially since you can set multiple speed alarms

If I understan correctly - are you asking to add actual speed reading at the end of "Slow down" message?

- Speed alarm medium priority. Set to 0km/h (and qlso tried 2km/h), battery 95%. 

I wanted to use this as a battery alarm (just chose 95% since battery was full) but when i started riding and battery dropped to 90% no alarm was heard. I rode below 20km/h not to set of high priority alarm but no go.

- speed alarm 3: not tested

Well, I know that alerts logic may seem tricky. In general, you should set alerts from low priority to high priority. So for example - lowest priority set to 30 km/h, medium priority to 35 km/h, high priority to 40 km/h. Alert will work only if speed is set to non-zero value. As for battery alert I assumed that there is no direct danger accompanied with low-battery condition. Usually wheel will limit speed and starts to tilt back, so I set battery alarm as a non-critical warning that doesn't need to be repeated like speed, overcurrent and overtemperature alerts (that in my opinion should be addressed/responded immediately by the rider).

- Current: set to 97A. Kept going off every time I started rolling even smoothly? When looking in graph sometimes it showed above 97A and sometimes not. Raised it to 140A and it got quiet. Changed back to 97A and now suddenly it was quiet ??? Need to test more. Keeps coming on every now and then when starting. Maybe a small filter time that can be set so that only continuous high current gives alarm? 100A for 1 second is no danger, but for long time like uphill can be bad for the cables.

I'm considering adding two-level alert. One "instant" that you can set to detect abnormal spikes (as is currently) and another for filtered, "sustained" current value.

- Wheel Audio/warning simoultaneous with music in head phones 🥰😍🤩 it even "fades in" just like navigation does over music. Frekkin awesome :-) Thus no dual BT connection needed :-) THE best function BY A MILE. I hate to ride without music and even if i barely ever hear the beeps above 40-45km/h anyway. Thats why I have tiltback set at 45, then it just manage to slow down at 49km/h during hard accel.

Adding voice/audio alerts and ability to log rides online were main causes I decided to fork WheelLog and continue develop it. Especially voice/audio messages and alerts are far superior to wheel beeps, because they are usually gone in wind noise.

BEST FORK EVER. Hope you can fix tiltback and confirmation beep on telsa safety features :-)

Thank you :) I'll try to find someone with Tesla so I'll be able to test and fix it. But this may take some time.

i am sooo gonna register, the web page is the coolest thing on EUC ever made. Not only working for ONE manufacturer, but all us fellow EUC'ers. Sooo cool i allmost cry :-) of joy of course

Originally, I made it for myself, just to allow my blog readers to watch me live on map when I was on a longer tour. Soon realized that other EUCers would love to use this functionality, so I made it available to anyone interested. Seems it was a good decision, as euc.world is going to be more and more popular among EUC riders. I'm glad they find my work useful and this makes me motivated to expand it's functionality and add new features

PS. Would you like to have a WheelLog in Swedish language? :) If yes, pconsider making translation. If you're interested, PM me and I will give you details and advices. In short, it shouldn't take more than one hour. You just need to translate two XML files. Not a complicated thing. Voice alerts are much more functional when used in native language.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Is there a way to see the main screen stats (CO2 saved, miles ridden, etc) for your personal stats?

Not that I know if, but that would be awesome! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Is there a way to see the main screen stats (CO2 saved, miles ridden, etc) for your personal stats?

I will add detailed personal stats within two weeks.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Downloaded and tested new wheellog app, its awesome, but i have a few things i would like very much.

1) easy export of data to a google earth file. easy to show in video. 
2) A big leader board with rows of users, easy to see who rides and how many km each. also option to easily contact others to share information.
3) warning from app after 5 min of not connected to wheel. i just did a long unrecorded ride that i ment to record.. some warnings would be superb!
4) custom avatars for online leaderboard. photos, information about us, where we are located, what weels we ride, links to out instagrams,youtube,facebook..etc.
5) different sections for leaderboard, like. "most km on least battery used" "highest speeds" and many more. 
6) groups like on this page where people can come together and share ideas, mods, etc.
7) different medals per month/year for each user if they meet a set criteria of upvotes,km traveled,total WH of battery used, etc.

anyways. awesome that this now is a thing!

1 hour ago, Seba said:

I will add detailed personal stats within two weeks.

Seba ciao and thank you so much for taking care od development of Wheellog :-)

i tested it today with my Inmotion V5f and i found one bug !

If i try to set VOLUME  ( settings - wheel settings - volume) at any rate (10% or 25% or 50% or 100% ) sound is played on the wheel but then goes back to ZERO on the bar !

so i tried to set it to 100% (it goes back to zero)

when i open INMOTION app volume is disabled ! So to enable volume back on my inmotion i need to set it into inmotion app!

i hope my feedback can be helpful :-) if you need more info/details let me know, thank you again Simi

Edited by Simone Malicius

P.S. well i found another " bug " ? 

this is part of the report (it was a test i made to see web sync)

test.jpg.cc7d20014fab5e7759deddb1d8ee5696.jpg

well it's only 6 months i drive my euc LOL ! and over my smartphone date is correct ( just checked ahaha )

(running the latest app 2.0.31)

• Like 1

Anyone a bluetooth expert? I've noticed across multiple phones, that when phones touch any part of my body, it disconnects from the wheel, speakers, headphones, anything that is receiving the bluetooth data. Doesn't matter if the speaker could be in my right hand down by my side with the phone in my right pocket, there will no (or very spotty) connection. It even happens when my phone is lying flat on a table. Does my body or the table absorb the "radio" waves or something? I believe this is why wheel log can never hold a connection. The times when I've put my phone in my jacket pocket, as opposed to my pants pocket, the connection has been better.

Update: 

Cross-body Interference

A little known fact about Bluetooth is that the radio signals do not go through your body very well. This is because Bluetooth's radio frequency is blocked by water, and the human body is made up of mostly water. If you keep your cell phone in your pocket and your headset in your opposite ear, then it is possible the connection may be weak, which can cause some interference issues. Many cell phone manufacturers are aware of this issue and have attempted to compensate by boosting the power of the Bluetooth radio.

Does anybody else have this issue? Where do you typically have your phone when you ride?

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Simone Malicius said:

P.S. well i found another " bug " ? 

this is part of the report (it was a test i made to see web sync)

test.jpg.cc7d20014fab5e7759deddb1d8ee5696.jpg

well it's only 6 months i drive my euc LOL ! and over my smartphone date is correct ( just checked ahaha )

(running the latest app 2.0.31)

It's not a WheelLog bug. GPS receiver built into your Honor 8 Pro is sending wrong position timestamp. It reports 1999-11-03 16:49:31 when your phone time is 2019-06-19 16:49:33 (offset of few seconds is normal). Because euc.world records are GPS-synchronized, you see wrong date/time. You can try with other phone to verify. Unfortunately I don't know why your phone GPS behaving in that way :( Maybe phone restart or upgrade will be enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

It's not a WheelLog bug. GPS receiver built into your Honor 8 Pro is sending wrong position timestamp. It reports 1999-11-03 16:49:31 when your phone time is 2019-06-19 16:49:33 (offset of few seconds is normal). Because euc.world records are GPS-synchronized, you see wrong date/time. You can try with other phone to verify. Unfortunately I don't know why your phone GPS behaving in that way :( Maybe phone restart or upgrade will be enough.

OK.. I made a test! took a picture with my smartphone and I went into details and GPS info : I get exact date and time (not those of camera but those regarding GPS) mmm I'll make another tour let's see.. 

look what I found... 

https://www.labsat.co.uk/index.php/en/?option=com_content&view=article&id=155

maybe I need to update... 

18 hours ago, Simone Malicius said:

OK.. I made a test! took a picture with my smartphone and I went into details and GPS info : I get exact date and time (not those of camera but those regarding GPS) mmm I'll make another tour let's see.. 

look what I found... 

https://www.labsat.co.uk/index.php/en/?option=com_content&view=article&id=155

maybe I need to update... 

Phone may use GPS coordinates but own time to tag photo. And I don't think it's a problem with week rollover. Anyway, I'll try to find some workaround, just give me some time :)

• Like 2

I've submitted a PR on github to not prompt for the wheel password if it's fairly obvious it's not an IM wheel, just to scratch me not wanting to cancel out of the password dialog for my KS18L :D

5 hours ago, Coco66 said:

Test!

Thanks Seba! 

Does not show the Japanese characters of the location though... 

Please add ?font=notosansjp at the end of signature image URL, so it will look OK:

Coco66?font=notosansjp

Default Open Sans font does't contains Japanese characters, so I added Noto Sans JP as an optional font.

9 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Just a note.. it doesn't take caps only small laters, for example in my case in order to display the image it wanted somniusx instead of SomniusX 

I'm pretty sure that you again returned home from a night shift pretty tired... :efefa6edcf: Usernames are not case sensitive, so any combination of small and large caps will and do work :) Maybe you just mistyped your username and got 404 error?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, uekarashi said:

I've submitted a PR on github to not prompt for the wheel password if it's fairly obvious it's not an IM wheel, just to scratch me not wanting to cancel out of the password dialog for my KS18L :D

I will add this to next version. I was short of time when publishing latest update.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seba said:

I'm pretty sure that you again returned home from a night shift pretty tired... :efefa6edcf: Usernames are not case sensitive, so any combination of small and large caps will and do work :) Maybe you just mistyped your username and got 404 error?

Man, you may be right but last night it didn't display an image instead the website on an empty 404 page.. :-/ 

Was i that blind !? :P 

17 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

No, I think you just drank everything yourself instead of sharing it with your colleagues :P:cheers:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Man, you may be right but last night it didn't display an image instead the website on an empty 404 page.. :-/ 

I also had the same problem when I tried late in the evening, and at the moment no worries...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Just a note.. it doesn't take caps only small laters, for example in my case in order to display the image it wanted somniusx instead of SomniusX 

Nothing shows up when insert to post so nothing to click on. Any help please 👍

On 5/23/2019 at 2:21 PM, Lefteris said:

Care to share how you did it? Kept app data or something different!?

On 5/23/2019 at 5:14 PM, hyperair said:

Well, WheelLog stores "user distance" data as the "totaldistance" value as of the first time you connected WheelLog to it. Then your user distance is the current "totaldistance" value minus the original value. So @uekarashi calculated the value of "totaldistance"  as at the date of purchase of her wheel from a mix of old WheelLog CSVs and Strava routes. Then I ran an adb backup of just WheelLog, which produced a backup file containing WheelLog data. I unpacked it using https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=27840175, edited the WheelLog.xml file, repacked it, and restored the backup.

@Seba - This is old news, but I've just submitted a PR to add an 'Edit user distance', that allows one to key in the number that @hyperair kindly restored for me, directly into Wheellog itself. This will come in useful as I'm of a mind to try developing support for the newly-acquired IPS S5 and will thus be performing out-of-band updates frequently :) 

• Like 2