I'm looking through my tours on the website and noticed i have gaps in data, some quite large where it hasn't recorded any data (wheel & GPS) for several minutes or more. I guess this would explain the discrepancies i'm seeing through distance travel through the wheel vs GPS. 

Is EUC World only recording data whilst my phone screen is on and where im actively using the app, is it not recording in the background whilst the screen is off like when its in my pocket for instance?

Is there anyway i can have it continually log data (both GPS and Wheel) I'm using Galaxy note 9 Andriod version 10

Can you please share your setting on EUC World cause you also have MST Torque would be interesting to see.Cause i did seen U-Stride and his EUC World have some other option on mine i dont have them for accurate baterie reading and few more.

9 hours ago, NickNonsense said:

I'm looking through my tours on the website and noticed i have gaps in data, some quite large where it hasn't recorded any data (wheel & GPS) for several minutes or more. I guess this would explain the discrepancies i'm seeing through distance travel through the wheel vs GPS. 

Is EUC World only recording data whilst my phone screen is on and where im actively using the app, is it not recording in the background whilst the screen is off like when its in my pocket for instance?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dante said:

Hello guys. I do need some help im kind of new ir riding euc's i have Gotway MSP Torque . Got my self gotway app did turn off all tilt backs then deleted the app, got my self Premium on EUC World as new rider i did set speed limit to 36km/h but now i can't adjust anything anymore and my MSP go max 32 km/h before starts to beep have no idea how to fix it . Any help will be good .on Speed alerts & tilt back speed settings im getting  (Warning speed correction of 3% enabled and will be applied automatically )message on the setting screen. :-/ 

1. Connect your wheel, enter "General settings" and set "Speed correction" to 0 %. Gotways doesn't need to be corrected as long as you use standard tire size. If speed correction is active, it will be applied not only to speed reading, but also all other speed-related settings.
  2. Speed beeps in Gotway wheels are fixed at certains speeds - you can't change them, you can only turm them on or off. Only the tiltback (speed limit) speed is user-defineable. Most users disable first and second alarms.
  3. You can always use speed alarms generated by EUC World. You can set three alarms, each with user-defined speed and they will make your phone to vibrate. Additionally, if you enable "Speech", every alarm will sound with distinct beep and voice prompt going from your phone/BT earphones/BT speaker.
  4. Remember - "Alarm settings" are for managing application-generated alarms and they have nothing with wheel beeps! Wheel beeps can be set in "Wheel settings". 
Edited by Seba
  • Like 2

Allow EUC World to use GPS in background or when screen is off. 
On the Samsung Note 9, Android version 10. The only option available to me for this is 

-Allow only while using the app, and 
-Deny 

This is following all other settings that was mentioned such as, disabling battery optimization, etc. 

I’ll see how this goes, I imagine it work better now that I disabled battery optimization.
Thank you Seba for creating and sharing a link to the video, described exactly the issue I was having. 

Edited by NickNonsense

6 hours ago, Dante said:

Can you please share your setting on EUC World cause you also have MST Torque would be interesting to see.Cause i did seen U-Stride and his EUC World have some other option on mine i dont have them for accurate baterie reading and few more.

I have since reinstalled EUC World in the hope of solving the issues i mentioned above (This is before trying Seba solution in his video) so any settings i had changed would be at they default preset now
My MSP has been sent back so i no longer have that now if you were looking for the wheel settings. 

Edited by NickNonsense

7 minutes ago, NickNonsense said:

Allow EUC World to use GPS in background or when screen is off. 
On the Samsung Note 9, Android version 10. The only option available to me for this is 

-Allow only while using the app, and 
-Deny 

Don't know if this helps, but on my Samsung S9 Ver10, Kernel 4.9.118, Knox 3.4.1, I can check EUC World battery optimization like this:

Settings>Apps>EUC World>Battery>Optimise battery usage. Scroll down the apps and make sure EUC World slider is 'off'.

If the slider is set to off, EUC World doesn't appear in Settings>Device care>App power management>Apps that won't be put to sleep. If you try to add it, it won't let you select it from the list (presumably because you have already dis-allowed it in the previous step).

I never have any issues with EUCW on my phone, so I guess I must have done something right using the above process!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Settings>Apps>EUC World>Battery>Optimise battery usage. Scroll down the apps and make sure EUC World slider is 'off'.

If the slider is set to off, EUC World doesn't appear in Settings>Device care>App power management>Apps that won't be put to sleep. If you try to add it, it won't let you select it from the list (presumably because you have already dis-allowed it in the previous step).

I never have any issues with EUCW on my phone, so I guess I must have done something right using the above process!

I just followed these steps and found that under Battery>Optimise battery usage was enabled, i have now disabled this and is showing "Not optimised" so thats good. 

Weirdly though under Permissions for EUC World is still shows "Only while app in use" under Location permission. 
While the GotwayES app has the following options under Location permission.

-Allow all the time

-Allow only while using the app

-Deny

Maybe a restart will change it, i'll have a play around with this, really confused how android is picking and choosing the location permissions without giving me the option to change it. 

So this is weird.
Under location permission its only gives me the option to use in app or deny but clicking through other apps, it lets me select from three options, all the time, in app or deny. 
Anyone with any insight? 
https://streamable.com/7dhuws

***Edit
After googling the issue to see if the problem might be myself, missing some setting i have come across this.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61909313/allow-all-the-time-location-prompt-not-coming-in-android-sdk-29

@Seba Could this be the culprit?

Edited by NickNonsense

I never looked at that - but for info I just checked my location permissions for EUCW, and I only have the two options as well. Mine is set to 'alloy only while using the app'. I don't have any drop outs, even when the screen is off (my phone is in my pocket 99% of the time I am riding) so I don't think this is a/your problem. I can only presume that because EUCW isn't optimised (as set by the previous settings) that the app remains fully working and functioning with the screen off.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I never looked at that - but for info I just checked my location permissions for EUCW, and I only have the two options as well. Mine is set to 'alloy only while using the app'. I don't have any drop outs, even when the screen is off (my phone is in my pocket 99% of the time I am riding) so I don't think this is a/your problem. I can only presume that because EUCW isn't optimised (as set by the previous settings) that the app remains fully working and functioning with the screen off.

Interesting and a valid point about the phone not optimising the app, which would allow it to function as normal with the screen off.

You had mentioned about the battery optimisation in the settings you directed to in your above post, my EUCW app was actually configured to optimised still (even though I disabled it elsewhere) and i now have completely disabled it.
With the same settings you have reported as me in relation to the location permissions I imagine it will now work as intended. Now battery optimisation has been completely disabled. 
I will test this later today with my Ninebot S2 

Edited by NickNonsense

17 hours ago, Seba said:

Connect your wheel, enter "General settings" and set "Speed correction" to 0 %. Gotways doesn't need to be corrected as long as you use standard tire size. If speed correction is active, it will be applied not only to speed reading, but also all other speed-related settings.

Hello Seba. Thanks for your answer, but i did put to correction of 0% already i did try many thinks to change but looks like nothing do help . Before i was able to change tilt backs but now i can only to Enable 1st and 2nd speed alert   or Enable 2nd speed alert only and last option i have Disable speed alert i did put mark on Enable 2nd speed alert and did put tiltback at 44km/h but looks like everything stays like it was before no changes :-/  . Also i did reinstall app 2 times.Maybe there is something more what i do not know about GW MSP EUC's

26 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Wow, Seba can't take messages? Thats new, but i can see why. Anyone else having issue with logs on the sherman, turning into tours? Mines been in log format for quite some time, and all the gps/wheel data looks intact.  Can we combine logs yet, for when I accidently stop a log mid tour, or the device turns off and eucw needs restart?

It's not anymore possible to turn logs into tours later on in the website. You have to start the tour in the App when you ride. Optionally, there's a setting to avoid using data, that will only upload the tour when you are finished and in WiFi (it will not be live while riding). 

And of course there's still no way to join different logs, because it will now be useless. 

Edited by Coco66
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

However, this time I was pretty sure I waited a LONG time and checked the gps lock via another app. I see the data is in the csv. I am just wondering what could be missing this time, that makes it not change into 'tours'.

@ShanesPlanet  EUC World changed the option to convert CSV to Tours several updates ago and @Seba stated that it was only a workaround whilst he implemented Offline Tour Tracking.  If you are still on an Older version of the EUC World app, then you would need to update to the latest, but the website was also updated so CSV to Tour conversion will No longer work online as before whatever version your app is!

The link to his original post in July is quoted here below for your reference:

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

uh.. what?  You mean I dont just start logging like I used to, via csv. THen when I get home within wifi it uploads as csv to the server as a log. THEN I'll find it as a tour and be able to set the visibility preferences? It seemed to work just fine about a month ago.

Yep I ran into this same issue about a month ago.  App change.  Instead of the main screen where the speed is displayed (and hitting the button on the very top to start csv logging), you have to swipe (I think left) two or three times until you see a "play" error to start the tour.  At that time it will ask if you want to make it public, private, or only for people who have the link.   Don't forget to click "stop" as well.  It's on the same screen.  Since I've used this method all my tours have been recorded & uploaded correctly.

Edited by /Dev/Null
  • Like 1

Or you can do as I do and just set EUCW to 'start tour as soon as connected' to the wheel, as my pea brain forgets to manually start a tour otherwise. Yes, you do get the odd tour created and uploaded that you don't want (like when testing the wheel at home or something) but it's so easy to go into EUCW online and delete the tour that it's a non-issue for me.

• Like 2

Sorry for question here (i am at work) i lost password to slack group (stupid chrome somehow reset all stored passwords).

Is yet implemented posibility hide/move/change/blurr start and finish tour location?

I no want realy share my house location.

Sometime i remember quit eucworld on save place. If i forgot (often) i no share log if i start/end in my home. 

I remember Seba want implement this or is in to do list.

Anyway i try give time today and  fix/relog to slack. Czech translation need actual update for new features.

28 minutes ago, bpong said:

does euc world work with this device ?

https://www.chinesesmartwatches.com/lemfo-lem-t-4g-smartwatch/

i would prefer a reply from seba since he is most familiar with euc world.

thank you for your help.

As @ShanesPlanet wrote, EUC World works pretty well with LEMFO. There are also other users reporting that they have zero problems with this... hmm... watch :whistling: While I still don't hvae LEMFO for testing, I'm planning to get one to ensure compatibility of all features.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Wow, Seba can't take messages?

Seems my inbox is full :) I have to remove old messages.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seba said:

CSV files were easy to modify and - sad to say - there were users that modified their logs to get higher in the ranks.

I was kinda half joking when I suggested that any EUCW users would actually do this, but it seems I was being too benevolent. As I said, twats and idiots. What sort of moron would actually do this? Words fail me.

• Like 3