2 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

@Mike Sacristan is the Nikola expert and could help you maybe?

He use DarknessBot. So how it is set up might be different. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Freewheeler said:

Thank you for this app. I love it and I upgraded to premium this morning. 

I'm having difficulty with various settings. I've asked very experienced riders for help and even they are unable to help. 

I'd like to know the correct settings for my wheel. I ride the 84v Nikola 2100wh.

Specifically I'd like to know what to set my alarms to for CURRENT, PEAK CURRENT and SAFETY MARGIN. 

Thank you again. 

It depends on what you are going to be doing and how much you weigh. Amp alarms become useless if they are being triggered all the time.
If you would set the Nik for 80A and you are a heavy rider it would trigger every time you stepped on it.
My friend Tobias eventually kept it at 110A at his riding weight of 100kg.
Current and peak current will only matter if you are climbing up a hill, and usually you will hit 65C before that.

The things to worry about are:
- Speed at X battery level (do you like to ride the beeps?)
- Temperature (the wheel will beep and tilt you back at 65C so a 60C alarm can be nice)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chriull said:

Afaik safety margin is only available with KS wheels - they are the only wheel reporting such a value?

Correct. Seba mentions this earlier in the thread.

5 hours ago, Chriull said:

(Peak) current alarms are best used with GW wheels to protect mosfets/motor wires on longer/steep inclines. As far is i got this.

If i remember right it was about 80A with the "earlier" GW wheels and can be set a bit higher by now? 

Marty started the 90A trend lol.

It would be better to climb an incline, look at the reported values and then determine whether one wants an alarm or not for that kind of scenario.

If I were to climb a medium difficult hill like the one I climbed the other day and my wheel was blaring all the way up I would just get off the wheel and throw it down the hill.
Or raise the alarm value.
Or lose weight.

I overlap my speed alarms with the beeps and that is pretty much all I need.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Freewheeler said:

Thanks for your reply.

Could you explain this? Do you mean 28, 30, 32? 

The 5 beeps on Gotway wheels decrease with voltage and EUC World has voltage dependant alarms.
So for the Nikola 84v you could set:
1.  32mph as the first alarm at 100%.
2.  30mph as the second alarm at 80% battery
3.  28mph as the third alarm at 50% battery
This will pretty much match the 5 beeps/continuous beeps on the wheel which is the 80% alarm.
Then eventually you will get low voltage beeps from the wheel at lower % and 28mph will still be safe enough down to 10% battery but still keeping in mind not to do crazy accelerations at very low battery. The 2100WH has a nice battery config though so it is quite safe.

Or you could go a bit higher or a bit lower depending on how aggressive or safe you want to be.

What is your top speed ever on your Nik?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Freewheeler said:

Thanks for trying to help. I asked @Marty Backe the last time we rode just a couple of months ago and he told me he didn't have a clue as to the advanced setting for these apps. 

I think that was ~2-weeks ago, not 2-months ago :laughbounce2:

I only configure the ampere alarm, not the 1000 other alarms which are possible :roflmao:   For the Nikola that's ~120-amps.

My MSX is set to 120A peak, 90A continuous. Seems to work well for me at 85kg. I still trigger it a few times every ride, but its about right. Funnily enough its usually triggered during the process of sitting down which I still havent nailed down to a smooth transition. I kinda get my backside down but its too far back so I have to 'jolt' myself foward whilst pushing the nose of the wheel back. Its this jolt (usually around 10 to 15mph) which triggers the alarm :)

FWIW I dont use the eucw speed alarms anymore after moving my buzzer to the top. I would still like to have the euc world alarms though as it would trigger my Pebble to buzz (which I always feel) but 3 batt reference points isnt enough imo. If it was 10 or so we could draw a better speed/batt graph to more closely match the GW buzzer algorithm.

• Like 2

I rode a tour twice.  Once using the battery setting to "standard".  The second the setting was changed to "optimized".  Same wheel close to the same route and distance.  One gives me low battery warnings from the app and the other shows about 45% battery remaining at the end of the ride.  This is a huge difference.  I am guessing they are both wrong on either end and the true remaining battery is somewhere in the middle.  Not complaining here.  Just posting this info because I feel it might be of interest to others.

This is the first tour finished a two weeks ago:

https://euc.world/tour/589541257037149

This is the second tour finished today.

https://euc.world/tour/589988033487268

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seba said:

I've been repeating this many times before, so I will repeat it again: in fact there is no such thing like a reliable battery level in King Song and Gotway wheels. In these wheels battery level is directly derived from battery voltage. Standard King Song algorithm is overly optimistic. It will leave you with a wheel unrideable when showing that you still have 5-15 %. 

On Nikola 84 V this is reached on 7%. At 10% - no problem to ride. On 7% - pure beeping. Max 10 km/h and no qucik acceleration. In my opinion: unrideable.

I was walking on last Sunday approx 1 km - battery said 7%!

3 hours ago, Seba said:

I've been repeating this many times before, so I will repeat it again: in fact there is no such thing like a reliable battery level in King Song and Gotway wheels. In these wheels battery level is directly derived from battery voltage. Standard King Song algorithm is overly optimistic. It will leave you with a wheel unrideable when showing that you still have 5-15 %. 

On Nikola 84 V this is reached on 7%. At 10% - no problem to ride. On 7% - pure beeping. Max 10 km/h and no qucik acceleration. In my opinion: unrideable.

I was walking on last Sunday approx 1 km - battery said 7%!

On 8/29/2020 at 7:29 PM, Marty Backe said:

I think that was ~2-weeks ago, not 2-months ago :laughbounce2:

I only configure the ampere alarm, not the 1000 other alarms which are possible :roflmao:   For the Nikola that's ~120-amps.

Red Rocks in Vegas WestWheel III... just before you led five of us astray to take an hour long detour. :laughbounce2:

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 6:55 PM, Mike Sacristan said:

The 5 beeps on Gotway wheels decrease with voltage and EUC World has voltage dependant alarms.
So for the Nikola 84v you could set:
1.  32mph as the first alarm at 100%.
2.  30mph as the second alarm at 80% battery
3.  28mph as the third alarm at 50% battery
This will pretty much match the 5 beeps/continuous beeps on the wheel which is the 80% alarm.
Then eventually you will get low voltage beeps from the wheel at lower % and 28mph will still be safe enough down to 10% battery but still keeping in mind not to do crazy accelerations at very low battery. The 2100WH has a nice battery config though so it is quite safe.

Or you could go a bit higher or a bit lower depending on how aggressive or safe you want to be.

What is your top speed ever on your Nik?

Unfortunately, I discovered firsthand that the max speed on the Nikola 2100 is 34 mph.

I have determined that I cannot depend on the beeps as they are simply too subtle when group riding. There are music players all around me as well as the wind noise. I have resorted to making my own wav files to play through my Bose Soundwear.

I have to replace the Harley sounds because I wear a Ticwris watch and so far have been unable to select custom wav files. The screen resolution makes it incredibly difficult to adjust settings that have a slider (the digits are not even displayed on the screen). It would be very helpful to be  able to export the settings from my phone and import them into my watch.

Here are the wav files I created to replace speed dependent (pitch speed 28-31 mph) temperature and startup.

Slow-down.wav

Temperature.wav

Startup.mp3

Edited by Freewheeler

1 hour ago, Freewheeler said:

Unfortunately, I discovered firsthand that the max speed on the Nikola 2100 is 34 mph

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.8b4f7d5eae39f35b137b505d8c3bf368.gif

I own the Nikola Plus 100V with 21700 cells and "i" a 106kg guy managed to get up to 59,5kmh which is almost 37mph and i've seen reports that the wheel easily goes faster.

1 hour ago, Freewheeler said:

Unfortunately, I discovered firsthand that the max speed on the Nikola 2100 is 34 mph.

I would love to hear the story and details such as battery % / voltage.

4 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.8b4f7d5eae39f35b137b505d8c3bf368.gif

I own the Nikola Plus 100V with 21700 cells and "i" a 106kg guy managed to get up to 59,5kmh which is almost 37mph and i've seen reports that the wheel easily goes faster.

The 2100Wh is 84v.

Tobias has touched 45mph on his Loomo Nik+ 2660Wh. Seated. But still... scary. 95kg rider + gear. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I would love to hear the story and details such as battery % / voltage.

Also unfortunately, I lost my phone in the mountains the day before my fall. :facepalm:

I can say that we were in the early stages of our group ride and that I was fully charged when we started. If I were to guess I'd say I was at no less than 70%.

Let me say that my fall was 100% user error. There's a number of events that lead to it, but still... all my fault.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2020 at 2:00 AM, Mike Sacristan said:

Tobias has touched 45mph on his Loomo Nik+ 2660Wh. Seated. But still... scary. 95kg rider + gear. 

Pictures of his seated setup on his nikola? Looking for a seat on the nikola that isnt the ugly bike mount seat.... 

I am trying to set a custom sound on my Ticwris smart watch. I have tried to select a new file but for whatever reason the file manager displays only a "Documents" folder with no files in it. There is no way to go up one or more levels to select my file.

I then tried to simply rename my file to the corresponding "Harley" wav file. I verified that the file I want to be played is in fact inside the EUC World folder. But the app still uses the deault sound, not the file that I replaced it with. 

Is there any way that I can play my custom wav file?

14 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha sadly... it's an ugly bike mount seat.

https://youtu.be/rjwIv0Iay9M?t=607

Sorry for the OT guys

Is this better or still ugly? I can vouch that it's amazingly comfortable. I moved mine closer to the edge and it provides even more suspension.

Our-seats.thumb.jpg.2e6880c780c46d7785050efda770dace.jpg

https://t.me/OC_EUC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha sadly... it's an ugly bike mount seat.

https://youtu.be/rjwIv0Iay9M?t=607

Sorry for the OT guys

Ahah Mike, i just saw it in your latest video! It actually motivated me to build one too, even if ugly...

Freewheeler: what base did you use for the mount? it seems to follow the curve of the shell.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Freewheeler: what base did you use for the mount? it seems to follow the curve of the shell.

Dan (on Telegram) and I used cardboard to trace the curve. Then, we transferred the curve on to project wood from HD and scroll sawed it out. 

Details: The main portion is a single piece of wood that follows the curve of the handle. Its dimension differs from the "skin" (what you are able to see on the side of the mount). These are thin pieces glued on that extend into the space between the handle and the sides all the way to the bottom of the handle cavity. Doing this prevents any torquing. The whole mount is secured from the underside of the handle using wood screws. Velcro in the well and the handle ensure the handle stays down, unless needed.

Edited by Freewheeler
  • Like 1