6 hours ago, /Dev/Null said:

I manually uploaded the CSV to euc.world but it won't let me create a tour from it.  Anyone have any ideas?

How did you "manually upload"? 

Wait a bit and check again if you can create the Tour... the option does not show-up immediately, I think there is a batch, scheduled process that checks if the file contains GPS data. 

Edited by Coco66

1 hour ago, Coco66 said:

How did you "manually upload"? 

Wait a bit and check again if you can create the Tour... the option does not show-up immediately, I think there is a batch, scheduled process that checks if the file contains GPS data. 

Manually upload:

Open euc.world & make sure I"m logged in.
Under my login, I select "tours"
On the left side there is a guy on a EUC with a picture of earth behind them.  If you mouse over, there is an upload icon.  Click that, select file, upload.

I've waited now I think 2 days and I can't create a tour from the log :(

I went on tour 23km again today and just got home.  My logs have been uploaded automatically this time at least, but no tour yet.  I'll wait an hour & check again.

Edited by /Dev/Null

Never heard of that upload option!

Try this: rename your log file and put in in the EUC World / Logs folder in your phone.

It will be uploaded and processed - I usually start the App after copying the file that but not sure it's needed. 

Hello,

Do you have any data you could provide to me for research purposes? I'm working on determining what the average + peak current usage is for the top performing, as I work on developing a new type of euc. It would help greatly to have a ballpark knowledge of these real-world parameters.

On 7/5/2020 at 4:31 AM, Seba said:

EUC World 1.6 update will bring several new features, including completely reworked tour recording feature:

• tour recording will work completely offline, so no Internet connection will be required during a ride
  • tours will synchronize automatically after Internet connection is available
  • there will be an option to synchronize tours over WiFi only to avoid using cellular data plan
  • in case of phone restart, app crash, termination etc. EUC World will detect interrupted tour recording and will ask if you want to continue tour recording or finish it
  • tour map view will be improved
  • in case of paused tour recording, there will be an option to automatically resume tour recording (in case you will continue riding and forget that you've paused recording)
  • there will be tour options dialog window allowing to add/edit custom tour title, change tour visibility and other options on the fly

This new tour recording has been extensively tested during my 15 day, 2051 km EUC trip I finished yesterday. It proven to work flawlessly, allowing me to record tours in areas without cellular coverage. No gaps, no long straight lines, no missed pictures etc. My phone restarted once (due to water ingress during a ride in a heavy rain), other time EUC World app was accidentally terminated. In both cases I was able to continue interrupted tour recording what saved both my tours.

Because of this, creating tours from CSV logs will be removed after publication of 1.6 update. This feature was always meant as a workaround until offline tour recording will be introduced. Tour creation from CSV logs is prone to errors, as CSV format doesn't provide any means for integrity checking - it's just a plain text file.

Seba,  could you enable creating tour from CSV logs again? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paradoxedgewater said:

Seba,  could you enable creating tour from CSV logs again? 

Citing myself:

"This feature was always meant as a workaround until offline tour recording will be introduced. Tour creation from CSV logs is prone to errors, as CSV format doesn't provide any means for integrity checking - it's just a plain text file."

This "feature" was not very problematic and prone to errors, but it also allowed to easily forge/spoof tour data what messed "Top Riders" stats. This in turn made competition unfair. I received several complaints about this and I fully understand people that are watching their stats in relation to other riders.

New tour recording feature doesn't need any Internet connectivity during entire ride. Phone doesn't even need to have a SIM card installed. It will work in the same way CSV synchronization works, so when you connect your phone to WiFi all tours recorded will synchronize.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Seba said:

Citing myself:

"This feature was always meant as a workaround until offline tour recording will be introduced. Tour creation from CSV logs is prone to errors, as CSV format doesn't provide any means for integrity checking - it's just a plain text file."

This "feature" was not very problematic and prone to errors, but it also allowed to easily forge/spoof tour data what messed "Top Riders" stats. This in turn made competition unfair. I received several complaints about this and I fully understand people that are watching their stats in relation to other riders.

New tour recording feature doesn't need any Internet connectivity during entire ride. Phone doesn't even need to have a SIM card installed. It will work in the same way CSV synchronization works, so when you connect your phone to WiFi all tours recorded will synchronize.

OK thanks,  I was on tour yesterday and enabled data logging but not tour logging.  My mistake.  I have now enabled automatic enabling of tours and data.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Paradoxedgewater said:

OK thanks,  I was on tour yesterday and enabled data logging but not tour logging.  My mistake.  I have now enabled automatic enabling of tours and data.

@Seba: I haven't been able to get a tour uploaded since July 31.  I wonder if a default changed & now I'm only doing data logging?  Any way to get the 2 csvs I uploaded after Aug 1 to create tours?

Edited by /Dev/Null

Actually I think I know what my problem might be:

I've always just used euc.world in a simple manner:  Only the main screen and I'd hit the "csv" button and it would record the data and upload which would create a tour.  I'm guessing with new versions that may just record/upload CSV data & NOT create a tour automatically any more?  I see there is another screen with a much bigger/easier to hit button that is for ACTUALLY recording tours.  I'm guessing I am supposed to use that.  Will give it a shot today to see if that fixes my issue.

@Paradoxedgewater:  Your post above gave me the idea to poke around, thanks!

Edited by /Dev/Null
  • Like 2

I have set mine to automatically start logging data and create tour as soon as I start the app. It records and logs everything and I dont need to enable anything (I am forgetful) whenever I go ride.

Yes, it does mean that things I may not want (if I am simply testing the wheel etc) get created and uploaded but its so easy to delete logs and/or tours on the EUC World website that its a no brainer for me.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 6:48 PM, saw said:

@seba I'm glad, that the new version of your great app now supports the V8f. Everything works as usual except the reported milage. 146123,23 km  is quite a lot for a 1.8 km trip.
The recorded tour on the website shows the correct milage.
Anyway, thank you for your great work.

euc_world1.jpg

@saw, 2.0.2 should fix this problem. Please update and let me know if it works now :) 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 12:29 PM, Animation-Imp said:

Hi Unventor,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I got frustrated with the issues and this combined with the whole covid situation and some crappy weather conditions over here, makes that I didn't ride the wheel for several months.

Now I would like to get this to work, the app looks amazing :thumbup:. I'll try and provide as much info as I can.

Wheel:
Inmotion V8, latest firmware

Phone:
Moto G5S plus
Android 8.1.0
No bT issues with any other device.

I whiped wheellog a while back because it wouldn't update. So I deleted the old app and installed the new package from zero... Since then the app wouldn't recognise any bluetooth device as a wheel. I just got a list of unknown devices, I try to connect to all of them one at a time, inputting the 000000 inmotion password. And the Wheellog would just keep trying to connect for minutes at a time without succes...

After learning about euc world I deleted the wheellog and installed euc world from the play store.
Identical behaviour to wheellog when I try to pair my wheel.

The inmotion app has zero pairing issues. Connects to the wheel fast and stable.

I haven't tried another device yet. Will do that this evening to see if I get different results, but I'de like to use my own phone in the end of course.

A big thanks for any info you guys can provide. 

Had a chance to try another android phone and frustratingy the app immediately finds the wheel (showing the V8-alphanumerical identifier) and connects without issues...

So the problem is certainly on the side of my phone and is connected to wheellog not wanting to install the update and me deleting and re-installing the app...

Any ideas how I could clean up this mess without doing a full phone reset, which I want to avoid at all costs.

1 hour ago, Animation-Imp said:

Had a chance to try another android phone and frustratingy the app immediately finds the wheel (showing the V8-alphanumerical identifier) and connects without issues...

So the problem is certainly on the side of my phone and is connected to wheellog not wanting to install the update and me deleting and re-installing the app...

Any ideas how I could clean up this mess without doing a full phone reset, which I want to avoid at all costs.

I had same issues with my V8 on android 8.1 with Samsung Note 8. After I managed to get the V8 linked to my account I could then later connect to my Note8. But I couldn't do the initial connection.

Since I sold my V8 long time back like 2years ago I can't recall all details anymore. I don't have same issues with my V10f.

16 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

@Seba

Today I realized, that the percentage in digit is missing. On Starting tour and on first stop, the percentage was displayed. I realized the missing % number an d nade a hardcopy

Screenshot_20200806_184918_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

You switched to GPS dashboard (note the blue GPS icon). There is no battery and temp of GPS. Just swipe up/down to switch between EUC and GPS dashboards. This way you can compare GPS measurements and EUC measurements and detect if your wheel gives you realistic or inflated values.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 6:35 PM, Seba said:

LTE isn't needed with watch app. Only Bluetooth LE connectivity to the phone app, just like with Pebble, Wear OS etc.

Found this old answer to my question. "not needed" but it is possible to use only the new Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 without Bluetooth connection to my phone?

On 8/2/2020 at 6:00 PM, buell47 said:

3) horn function doesn't work on watch, independent if I use single, double or tap and hold function. (but its working on the phone and yes, I configured both settings for phone and watch). But i. e. Light or AVAS on watch is working. 

On 8/2/2020 at 6:12 PM, Seba said:

Thanks, I'll check this.

2.0.0 requires new Tizen app. Because Tizen updates are managed by Samsung Galaxy Store, they take longer than Google Play Store (as they are independent). I hope that updated Tizen app will be reviewed as soon as possible.

Hi Seba, updated Tizen and Phone, but the tap and hold function to use the horn on the watch still does´nt work. But horn with single or double tap does work now.
But it´s not a big problem. :)

But where it still comes to big problems is the new function "safety margin".
I have set the value to 50% for testing, but it works unreliably, even though I always do the same load test and the value falls below 50% long enough.

The following irregularities occur constantly:
- either there is no alarm (voice prompt) / vibration at all, neither on the watch nor on the phone
- Alarm (voice prompt) without vibration
- Alarm (voice prompt) with vibration on the phone, but not on the watch
- Alarm (voice prompt) with vibration on the watch, but not on the phone

I don't know if the "disable phone vibration" feature has any function at all when using Tizen, or if it only applies to the Pebble Watch. At least the erroneous behaviour does not change when I activate this function.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to test everything yet, but I suspect that the Speed Alarm (Vibration) on the watch still works sporadically.

Edited by buell47

On 8/4/2020 at 3:04 PM, Seba said:

It's because now entire map is a part of an app and isn't fetched from Internet. In fact only map tiles are fetched from Internet but they are then cached locally.

Thanks :) I was asked by many users to add handy camera feature that would overlay most important ride information. I also wanted to make it easy to use during tour recording. Previously used default camera app required way too much operations to take a picture. I just wanted to make entire operation as easy and quick as possible, so it won't be distracting.

Please give it a try :) I don't think you'll end up walking the last kilometer :) Now it should give you 2-4 km of distance reserve after it shows 0 %.

Fortunately I was already around my home. 6% rest is more or less unrideable. It starts already beeping on start riding. Max. speed is about 12 km/h.

Hardcopy attached.

Screenshot_20200807_130700_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

On 8/6/2020 at 7:01 AM, Seba said:

@saw, 2.0.2 should fix this problem. Please update and let me know if it works now :) 

it workes like a charm. Thank you

Edited by saw
  • Like 2

Just now, Jonesq said:

@Seba I've donated twice now but I am still getting notifications that I am not a premium member. Is there anything you can do to fix this? Thanks!

There are two possible reasons. First - you're not signed in in app, so it can't fetch your account status. Second, when making a donation you used email adres that is different from email address that is associated with your EUC World account. Well... there is third option - you don't have EUC World account :) 

• Like 2