Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, travsformation said:

It's odd it's asking you for a password to begin with. In theory, it's sign in once, forget about it from then on. Do you have network connectivity (wifi from your phone, or SIM card in the Lemfo) when trying to record tours? If it can't sign in, it won't be able to record them, in which case you should configure it to record logs, upload logs to euc.world and then convert the logs to tours on the site later

DIdnt know if this should go to the new thread or not.. i did read the post about it tho..      My desktop has satellite internet that changes locations and ip's all the time. Even google sometimes shuts me out for weeks. On my win desktop, eucw doesnt auto fill, but i do use a password manager that handles it just fine.

I have used eucw and gotten logs turned into tours a few times. I also understand the permissions and what nots you have to select. I do this ALL on my desktop, AFTER the logs sync to the eucw site. For about a week now, none of my logs that are published as tours, are showing up on the eucw site when I login. Once they did, but I left the page and came back, they were gone. If you select the tour in my signature, you can view it. I am only talking about the main page that shows a list of tours. I can see the list of logs, even my signature is updating as it should, I just cant see the list of tours... on the tour page.

My lemfo doesnt have a sim card and I dont travel with wifi/cell. The droid device logs into eucw and uploads my csv files from trips. The watch will log in automatically on its own, as long as I dont power down the watch completely. The watch sees wifi when Im back at home, adn thats when the data gets uploaded to the site. I dont have password managers on my watch. Its really not a big deal, as it occured to me that I dont need to log in when I leave anyhow. I can just wait until after Im done riding.  My bigger concern is how to know if ANY gps data has been logged. I took a long trip and didnt know it wasnt, until review of the csv.  making a short test csv log, then opening the csv with an app, to verify its working, seems a little bit of pita.

I think its pretty damn awesome. I am starting to dabble in using the log data to add trip info realtime in videos. Cool stuff for sure. Im sure the gps is a watch issue, so is bluetooth dropping. Its VERY nice that eucw picks up after a BT drop, and the csv file keeeps active.  Being able to verify gps data would be a lifesaver.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ShanesPlanet
 

Don't think of the new thread as a new place to address questions---this remains EUC World's thread---, it's more of a request for basic questions that people think should be included in the the FAQ, an EUC World question inventory, if you will. I still think EUC World related questions should be asked here, as there are many more users following this thread and the chances of finding a solution to one's questions are much higher.

As to yours...In theory, your Lemfo should be logging GPS data while you ride (supposing there are no GPS-related issues with it), and uploading the tours to euc.world once you get home and it connects to your wifi (supposing you've activated the Upload Logs option under Log settings). This is done as a low-priority background task, so there's always a delay.

Then depending on whether you've marked the option to Create tours automatically after log is uploaded to euc.world (in the app) , your tours will (eventually) show up on euc.world, or if the create tours option isn't checked, you'll have to create them automatically from the logs on euc.world. It might be worth, for experimentation's sake, checking the site when you get home to see how long it takes until your new log is uploaded.

42 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

For about a week now, none of my logs that are published as tours, are showing up on the eucw site when I login. Once they did, but I left the page and came back, they were gone. If you select the tour in my signature, you can view it. I am only talking about the main page that shows a list of tours. I can see the list of logs, even my signature is updating as it should, I just cant see the list of tours... on the tour page

This is the part that has me puzzled. If you hadn't mentioned the above, I would have either suspected there was a GPS issue with your Lemfo, or a connectivity issue with logs not being uploaded, but this sounds more like your router and the server aren't getting along too well. Out of curiosity, have you tried cleaning browser cache and deleting euc.world cookies? Tried a different browser? Accessing via a VPN? Are you using any script blocking plugins? It's all I can I think of... @Seba might be the only one able to address this issue...

About the password issue...no issues when accessing the site from your desktop, but you're getting the password prompt in the app? I installed EUCW the first time, signed up, signed in, and have never been prompted for my password again. There's no "remember password" option because the app keeps you signed in by default. The only instances where I've been prompted for a password were because I was controlling my GoPro from my phone and EUCW was unable to sign in because the phone was connected to the GoPro Wifi (thus, no internet connectivity). So if you're being prompted to input your password, this is a) because your phone isn't connected to your wifi or b) It's connected but there's an issue reaching euc.world servers (and thus, authenticating you), which could be connected with the issues seeing your tours on the site...

When do you get the password prompt? When you first open the app or when closing it? It might be worth making sure disabling tour trackign is disabled (Settings > Tour tracking settings > Start when wheel is connected).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 1:29 AM, Victor Solovjov said:

For the convenience of entering a password, you can install MessagEase Keyboard, which has large buttons and has voice input.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.exideas.mekb&hl=en

I have been using this keyboard for 10 years.

Screenshot_20200330-013927[1].jpg

Edited yesterday at 02:43 AM by Victor Solovjov

That keyboard has won me over already! Regardless of whether I use Samsung Keyboard, Swiftkey (same thing, really), and sync my dictionaries, it refuses to memorize swear words and on every new device/fresh install I have to re-teach is that I am not trying to say duck off / what the duck?! / I don't give a duck

Go fuck a duck is exactly what I want to tell it every time! Thanks for that! Made my day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I cleared cookies and cache, tho I use firefox and have it set to do so automatically. I also switched over and used microsofts edge browser. I still cant get the list of tours to show. I set the all to public, I wonder if YOU can see them? My tours are being created. I do think you are focusing on that part of it not working, and it all does. I can open a tour from the 'log' page and see it just fine. When my device doesnt capture gps, of course a tour isnt created, but the log is also there. I have permissions as they need for public. The only thing that is odd, is that I cant see the tour list.  This all worked just fine a week or so ago, and Im still on the same pc  and browser now as then. It also all worked on the lemfo for a single tour.

It takes about 3 minutes for the logs to upload, once I hit my home wifi spot. Oddly, I dont EVER have to re-enter my wifi password for my home network. My satellite net has been horrible for authentication logins. Google wont let me for months at a time, as even when i use the same device EVERYTIME, from the same network EVERYTIME, it sometimes throw an 'unknown device lockout. Eventually I can login, but sometimes its weeks, as it must just be roll of the dice as to what location the satellite is telling them today, THIS may be why eucw doesnt auto log in after i turn off the device. Once i turn off the device completely, it releases the wifi connenction. When I turn on the device again, it catches wifi, but the router randomly assigns the IP and location, thus defeating any authrtication that is relying on either of those.  Again, google is so strict they wont even let me login at all sometimes.

 

Holy crap are you serious? The gps display may be exactly waht i was asking for. THANK YOU THANK YOU for that short explaination. The dots were so confusing, i never even bothered to care wtf they were. THANK YOU THANK YOU! I'll check the gps screen and see if its the asnwer I was looking for.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I cleared cookies and cache, tho I use firefox and have it set to do so automatically. I also switched over and used microsofts edge browser. I still cant get the list of tours to show. I set the all to public, I wonder if YOU can see them? My tours are being created. I do think you are focusing on that part of it not working, and it all does. I can open a tour from the 'log' page and see it just fine. When my device doesnt capture gps, of course a tour isnt created, but the log is also there. I have permissions as they need for public. The only thing that is odd, is that I cant see the tour list.  This all worked just fine a week or so ago, and Im still on the same pc  and browser now as then. It also all worked on the lemfo for a single tour.

I can only see your last tour, the one linked in your signature---only you can see your tour list. About opening a tour from the log page...not sure I get that. In the tours section, I get this:

2020-03-31-05-14-35-World-of-electric-unicycles-travsformation-s-profile.png

And in the log section, this:

2020-03-31-05-09-07-World-of-electric-unicycles-travsformation-s-profile.png

 

(I'm only able to download or delete. Then again, I haven't turned any of those logs into tours...)

10 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

This all worked just fine a week or so ago, and Im still on the same pc  and browser now as then. It also all worked on the lemfo for a single tour.

Yeah, that's the puzzling part...I don't think EUC World will be having the same type of authentication issues as Google, which will refuse to grant you access from an unknown device (or device it think is unknown) or new location...but the sat connection could be an issue. I really can't think of anything else...

14 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Oddly, I dont EVER have to re-enter my wifi password for my home network.

Why should you? Devices store those. The EUCW app asking for a password (euc.world signin password) is another story, and means either you've input the password incorrectly, or the device is unable to reach euc.world servers. If you input the password correctly once from the app and are able to sign in, the only reason for it to prompt you again in the future is lack of connectivity/inability to reach the server. How often does this happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I managed to get gps to track. I toggled gps on/off and wnet into battery and storage settings and gave EUcW full access. I also turned off battery saver modes. The little gps icon still didnt let me know if it was working or not (on eucs app screen), but i verified them with a csv viewer and indeed gps was captured. I have a gps app that always shows gps, and i had a signal. It seems that for whatever reason gps sometimes doesnt get captured, its probably not the gps app. If it was hardware, makes me wonder why the other gps sees all the satellites, yet eucw doesnt log them.. sometimes. Too bad that little icon didnt shine to tell me gps was being logged, I would be uber ecstatic. When eucw did start collecting gps, having the other gps frozen on open, didnt stop eucw from collecting it,.

Login from my devices to the router are not an issue, as it knows what they are. I am guessing its the logins that are BEYOND my intranet, as the router changes everything outgoing to any random ip and locale. It NEVER fails to login, it only fails to login without password and name prompt ('sign in tab), after the network/wifi i recycled by user or power loss. As long as I dont turn it off, I can leave eucw and come back and it auto logs. Dont worry about it, as Im sure its the same reason this happens on most ALL my devices when I power them down. The only way around it, is to allow my browser to store passwords. Again, no big deal, I'll just login AFTER a ride and give that big KB thing you guys linked a try.

My tour page USED to look like yours. Now its as if i didnt add any tours to it. I published a LOT of logs and one day.. gone from tour page. Logs are still in the log page tho. Ignore all those logs not assigned to a tour. Those are me testing the gps issue. I'll delete them of course.  The ones below have been published for a while now, at least most have. NONE are visible in the tour screen. I do recall how it looks (like yours) and was pretty nifty to have them thumbnailed...   I didnt know that other people couldnt look at my profile and browse all my public published tours...   It seems those are from my microsoft edge browser. I use firefox by default, but same results atm.

 

tours.png

logs.png

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Holy crap are you serious? The gps display may be exactly waht i was asking for. THANK YOU THANK YOU for that short explaination. The dots were so confusing, i never even bothered to care wtf they were. THANK YOU THANK YOU! I'll check the gps screen and see if its the asnwer I was looking for.

I'm glad it helped! It's very clever indeed how Seba has managed to pack all that extra info in such a small space, without making it over-cramped, just by using the dots. It's a shame it was being lost on so many people...something had to be done about that! ;)

As to the GPS screen, there might be a bit of a caveat to using it to test the app's GPS: You have to be tracking a tour for it to display GPS status. Say you leave home (and have mobile data), open EUCW. and go to GPS data by swiping up on the gauge. You'll find that the GPS icon is greyed out and the stats below the gauge are blank (hyphens instead of numbers). The second you start tracking a tour, the icon will turn blue and time, speed and other stats will appear. If, while tracking a tour, you lose GPS connection, the icon will turn grey (you'll also get a message in the status bar, the status bar will change color and if voice messages are on, you'll get a prompt informing you that GPS signal has been lost).

So in your case, to test EUCW GPS status, you'd have to start tracking a tour when in your front porch, for example, so the Lemfo is connected to your wifi AND can get GPS signal, and then go for a ride. Once you lose wifi, the tour probably won't be recorded properly, but you'll be able to monitor GPS, for testing purposes. I tried it on the balcony, and GPS signal monitoring remains active even if I switch off wifi and mobile data, and the app reports loss and regain of GPS signal

Another option would be to ask @Seba if he can make a small change so the GPS icon is blue if there's a GPS connection, regardless of whether a tour is being tracked or not. After all, there are plenty of other indicators that a tour is being tracked: the color of the status bar, the GPS stats on the main page, the entire tour screen...

 

Edited by travsformation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

you are spot on about the gps. Your workaround about live tracking while near wifi is great! Yeah, it would be nice if the gps lit up for csv data too. I've asked for so much including that, I'm sure Seba is doing what he can. I'm wondering if a bribe is in order? :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I'm wondering if a bribe is in order?

I know he's a whiskey man, but haven't found out the brand quite yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 1:45 AM, Milan Vido said:

Hi @Seba great app:) one question, how difficult would be to add support for android auto protocol in app? I was looking at this hud Hud - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eyeride/eyeride-hud-make-your-helmet-smart/description, bu it only mirrors app for carplay/android auto apps for navigation. Would it be possible to add such support in future? Thanks.

Using EyeRide with EUC World would be a very attractive idea. However, now it's hard to say when it would be possible. For sure Android Auto integration would require substantial amount of work. I'll keep following this idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 3/31/2020 at 4:59 AM, travsformation said:

Since @Victor Solovjov suggested clarification of the items on the main screen in the EUC World FAQ thread, here goes. Think of it as a teaser of the EUCW documention, which should be available soon enough. @Seba, you might want to check this out to make sure I got everything right ;)

Wow! Great job! This is absolutely perfect and 100 % correct :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, travsformation said:

Another option would be to ask @Seba if he can make a small change so the GPS icon is blue if there's a GPS connection, regardless of whether a tour is being tracked or not. After all, there are plenty of other indicators that a tour is being tracked: the color of the status bar, the GPS stats on the main page, the entire tour screen...

I plan to simplify things by merging current CSV logging and tour tracking features into one, unified and easy to use feature. It will work both online and offline, will buffer entire tours and will provide the same level of details that is now available in CSV logs. I hope to make it available before this summer. Meantime I will try to add some GPS status to CSV logging feature. 

On 3/31/2020 at 5:56 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

I managed to get gps to track. I toggled gps on/off and wnet into battery and storage settings and gave EUcW full access. I also turned off battery saver modes. The little gps icon still didnt let me know if it was working or not (on eucs app screen), but i verified them with a csv viewer and indeed gps was captured. I have a gps app that always shows gps, and i had a signal. It seems that for whatever reason gps sometimes doesnt get captured, its probably not the gps app. If it was hardware, makes me wonder why the other gps sees all the satellites, yet eucw doesnt log them.. sometimes. Too bad that little icon didnt shine to tell me gps was being logged, I would be uber ecstatic. When eucw did start collecting gps, having the other gps frozen on open, didnt stop eucw from collecting it,.

It's important to note that feature we often call a GPS doesn't have to be a real GPS (or any other sat nav system). Android can use many ways to obtain location - using BLE beacons, WiFi hotspots, cellular towers (BTS), dead reckoning and sattelites. More, it may fuse data obtained from different sources, like dead reckoning, WiFi and BTS. In most cases such location is good enough to use for navigation, mapping or even activity tracking. EUC World is different. It explicitly requires GPS/GLONASS as this is the only precise source of location, bearing and speed. That's why some apps may seem to receive location updates while EUC World doesn't get location updates.

But there is a good solution proposed some time ago by @Victor Solovjov - use GPS Status & Toolbox app. Just start it and it will also start GPS receiver. This app will also provide A-GPS that greatly decrease GPS warm up time. After GPS will lock, you can start EUC World.

Edited by Seba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

THanks Seba. I have my device set to gps by satellite only, as wifi and cell towers arent much use around here. Gps status would be worth a drink or two for sure! I already have a gps app, perhaps I should get used to checking it for lock, BEFORE opening EUCW. Eucw has worked with and without the app, so it's probably just a simple matter or sometimes my device locks into gps and sometimes doesnt. I'll use the app you suggest tho, as I know so little. I'll do some further testing and ensure its got signal before starting any csv logs. ANy idea why my tour page shows me empty, even when logged in?

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

ANy idea why my tour page shows me empty, even when logged in?

Could you give me more details?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Seba said:

Could you give me more details?

I thought server issues, but then it probably wouldn't connect to the site at all. They used to be visible, but aren't now, which is what has me puzzled.

See below:

On 3/31/2020 at 5:07 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

I cleared cookies and cache, tho I use firefox and have it set to do so automatically. I also switched over and used microsofts edge browser. I still cant get the list of tours to show. I set the all to public, I wonder if YOU can see them? My tours are being created. I do think you are focusing on that part of it not working, and it all does. I can open a tour from the 'log' page and see it just fine. When my device doesnt capture gps, of course a tour isnt created, but the log is also there. I have permissions as they need for public. The only thing that is odd, is that I cant see the tour list.  This all worked just fine a week or so ago, and Im still on the same pc  and browser now as then. It also all worked on the lemfo for a single tour.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:56 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

My tour page USED to look like yours. Now its as if i didnt add any tours to it. I published a LOT of logs and one day.. gone from tour page. Logs are still in the log page tho. Ignore all those logs not assigned to a tour. Those are me testing the gps issue. I'll delete them of course.  The ones below have been published for a while now, at least most have. NONE are visible in the tour screen. I do recall how it looks (like yours) and was pretty nifty to have them thumbnailed...   I didnt know that other people couldnt look at my profile and browse all my public published tours...   It seems those are from my microsoft edge browser. I use firefox by default, but same results atm.

 

tours.png

logs.png

 

 

 

Edited by travsformation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, travsformation said:

I thought server issues, but then it probably wouldn't connect to the site at all. They used to be visible, but aren't now, which is what has me puzzled.

@ShanesPlanet, problem solved :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Seba said:

@ShanesPlanet, problem solved :)

Awesome, thanks! Was it anything on my end? Perhaps something I had done, or something I need to do for the future?

Did you decide on NOT allowing that page be viewed in total, by others, as a privacy concern? Viewing profiles isnt possible at all, aside from our own?  All good either way you chose it.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Awesome, thanks! Was it anything on my end? Perhaps something I had done, or something I need to do for the future?

No, it was caused by data glitch probably related with your Lemfo problems, but shouldn't happen anyway. I will add some countermeasures to prevent such problems in future.

59 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Did you decide on NOT allowing that page be viewed in total, by others, as a privacy concern? Viewing profiles isnt possible at all, aside from our own?  All good either way you chose it.

Account is now private, even if it contains public items. In future, I will however add "public" view for items that are set to be public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks... whiskey funds incoming for sure!! I know the lemfo is a little finicky, but it WAS fairly cheap and it is JUST the right size for this task imho. Im sure that eventually I'll upgrade, but Im a little hesitant on investing much in something to break in a fall and is dedicated to the euc. Buggy watches will help test your system I guess. Maybe by the time I upgrade, the upgrade choices will be cheaper.  It would be pretty cool to have a search box to search or browse members and profiles. Of course, I understand how this could be too daunting a task or too much privacy concerns.  That gps for csv icon first... (ima broken record I know).  Again, many thanks. I have no idea how you do any of this stuff, its all 1's and 0's to me.

That keyboard suggestions is AWESOME!! Eucw is keeping me logged in atm (google is playing nice too), but with a little practice, I can enter login on that keyboard you guys mentioned, with almost no errors and quickly. A+ for sure. I'll pay for it too I guess, as ads bug the hell outta me, and developers gotta eat... or drink!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I see something about a way to press a button and instantly change the settings on the wheel to a certain speed limit?  So you can easily switch between the wheels limits and the governments limits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Joker10 said:

Did I see something about a way to press a button and instantly change the settings on the wheel to a certain speed limit?  So you can easily switch between the wheels limits and the governments limits?

There is special custom action - "Enforce regulatory compliance". You can for example use it with Flic 2 button. When needed, you need to press Flic and your wheel is limited to 20 km/h.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was trying to enter from the home window of the site, where there are three windows for entering a name, email and passport. Got an answer that the name is already taken. Then I opened my tour and tried to go there (there are only two input windows: email and passport). Successfully logged in.

Edited by Victor Solovjov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seba said:

There is special custom action - "Enforce regulatory compliance". You can for example use it with Flic 2 button. When needed, you need to press Flic and your wheel is limited to 20 km/h.

I forgot about it, i'll add it as flic2 action, thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 12:32 PM, Seba said:

There is special custom action - "Enforce regulatory compliance". You can for example use it with Flic 2 button. When needed, you need to press Flic and your wheel is limited to 20 km/h.

About this feature, is the correct way to revert, to go in wheel settings and set the tiltback speed again ? Or is there a shortcut that I overlooked ?

As far as I have seen it is not a toggle, but I guess it is designed so because it's intended to remain a "stealth" feature and a toggle would imply some sort of visual feedback in the GUI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...