Hi all,

I'm looking for some help.

I used to be able to connect to wheellog when I just got my wheel over a year ago.
At one point I had to whipe the wheellog app and re-installed it, but it wouldn't recognize the wheel anymore when searching for devices to connect to.

I switched back to the infuriatingly battery draining Inmotion app and have been using that app since.

But now I discovered EUC world and would like to join the fun.

But I get exactly the same behavior as with the wheellog app a year ago.
The doesn't find my wheel...

Am I doing something wrong, do I need to set my wheel in some sort of pairing mode?
Any tips or advice are very welcome.

When you switch on the wheel and then start Euc.world app, the app should connect to the wheel pretty soon. Sometimes it helps to turn off and on the connection in the app. This can be done at the top with the circle symbool ( it blink when the app searches for a wheel)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Animation-Imp said:

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help.

I used to be able to connect to wheellog when I just got my wheel over a year ago.
At one point I had to whipe the wheellog app and re-installed it, but it wouldn't recognize the wheel anymore when searching for devices to connect to.

I switched back to the infuriatingly battery draining Inmotion app and have been using that app since.

But now I discovered EUC world and would like to join the fun.

But I get exactly the same behavior as with the wheellog app a year ago.
The doesn't find my wheel...

Am I doing something wrong, do I need to set my wheel in some sort of pairing mode?
Any tips or advice are very welcome.

I had some issues connecting my V8 with my Samsung note8 after doing 2 generation of android updates. 

But the issue I had was with Inmotion app. If you can sniff the BT mac address by using a computer and isolate when the wheel is on any compare when it isn't turned on. Then you might be able to connect using entering manual mac address input. 

But to get what is really going on. Why did you have to wipe wheelog?

And secondly what kind of updates did you get on your phone lately (version of android and brand and model)?

If you have a friend or family do their phone have same issue?

I didn't see what model of inmotion wheel you have nor what firmware it has either. 

And of course, do you have any other BT issues with your phone....

I know a lot of questions. But before you get a fix you need to look at what changed. Wheel? Phone? Security? Apps?

Something isn't like it was before. Once this it spotted then you can test for a remedy. Or workaround.

Edited by Unventor

Hey @Seba, just noticed the last couple of days that on the website when you click on the heatmap, the background map is no longer shown. Was this deliberate? :)

While it does offer some amazing artwork, I really loved the fact that when I was on one of my own tours and toggled the heatmap, I could see in detail all the places I had been, all tours combined, on the map. :) 

14 minutes ago, Tazarinho said:

Hey @Seba, just noticed the last couple of days that on the website when you click on the heatmap, the background map is no longer shown. Was this deliberate? :)

While it does offer some amazing artwork, I really loved the fact that when I was on one of my own tours and toggled the heatmap, I could see in detail all the places I had been, all tours combined, on the map. :) 

You have to clear browser cache.

Hi Seba, I just saw that there is such a thing as 'Premium' user on EUC world and that it requires (very fairly) a donation. I donated some time back but cant see a way to unlock it. Is it just easier if I make another donation?

Cheers

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

Hi Seba, I just saw that there is such a thing as 'Premium' user on EUC world and that it requires (very fairly) a donation. I donated some time back but cant see a way to unlock it. Is it just easier if I make another donation?

Cheers

@Seba upgrade the account as he gets donations or people assisting in translation to a language not yet done. 

If you e-mail him on the contact e-mail address with your euc.world registered e-mail I think he will do the premium upgrade for you. 

As part of the beta tester and translation team we try to assist as much we can to free  @Sebas time to develop code and functionality. He has quit few things on the list. 😁

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Planemo said:

Cheers

Send me email to sebastian@euc.world with information that will allow me to identify your donation. Please also include email or username registered with your euc.world account. In general every ~20 EUR gives one year of premium membership. Currently, premium membership is activated automatically if you make donation using the same email that is registered with your euc.world account. Previously, when PayPal was used, it was impossible and later I had to manage it manually.

Edited by Seba

11 hours ago, Seba said:

You have to clear browser cache.

Haha ok, that's simple! :)

Is there a speed or distance correction being done on the tours? Even when not applied in the app?

Just wondering because my latest ride (in signature) says exactly 30 mins ride, 14.1 km distance and 24 km/h average speed. Shouldn't I either have 28 km/h, 12 km distance or a longer riding time? :)

1 hour ago, Tazarinho said:

Is there a speed or distance correction being done on the tours? Even when not applied in the app?

Just wondering because my latest ride (in signature) says exactly 30 mins ride, 14.1 km distance and 24 km/h average speed. Shouldn't I either have 28 km/h, 12 km distance or a longer riding time? :)

It may be caused by inconsistent GPS data. Average speed shown on tour page isn't calculated by just distance/time calculation, but is obtained by averaging GPS speed data.

@Seba not sure where or if I asked this but would it be possible to set 80% alarm beeps as an alarm in EUC World app? I faintly remember you saying that you needed rider data or something but don't we already know the 80% "curve" from Jason's chart? Even if it's conservative, I'll take it.

I will gladly pay for this feature. The other day I was riding to work at the usual speeds but since the ground was wet, I could not hear the beeps as heard in this video. I was maybe around 30-40% battery. 

Side note. With setting the tiltback for Gotway wheels, if you type in a number it doesn't save but if you use the slider bar it does save. 

13 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

@Seba not sure where or if I asked this but would it be possible to set 80% alarm beeps as an alarm in EUC World app? I faintly remember you saying that you needed rider data or something but don't we already know the 80% "curve" from Jason's chart? Even if it's conservative, I'll take it.

I will gladly pay for this feature. The other day I was riding to work at the usual speeds but since the ground was wet, I could not hear the beeps as heard in this video. I was maybe around 30-40% battery. 

Side note. With setting the tiltback for Gotway wheels, if you type in a number it doesn't save but if you use the slider bar it does save. 

Regarding setting the tilt-back, you have to use the "enter" key on your phone's keyboard for the value to take. Seba is aware of this idiosyncrasy and the app will be updated.

The difficulty with your request, as I see it, is that 80% curve varies with every Gotway wheel, and I don't know if the existing chart accurately covers the entire battery & speed profile.

GW Wheels don't send any informations by BT for the 80% alarm so it's impossible to manage it with an app.

And as @Marty Backe points out, the triggering of this alarm varies according to different criteria (battery level, rider weight, required power...)

17 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

GW Wheels don't send any informations by BT for the 80% alarm so it's impossible to manage it with an app.

And as @Marty Backe points out, the triggering of this alarm varies according to different criteria (battery level, rider weight, required power...)

It was my understanding that the wheel only monitors voltage against speed, and given that EUCW does both, and assuming that the reduction line is a linear variable (as per the ewheels chart), I didnt think this would be too hard to implement into EUCW.

GW doesnt monitor rider weight or required power. For this data, it simply measures voltage as its load parameter.

As long as the data is sent quick enough by the wheel (and EUCW can process it) I cant see any reason why the 80% alarm cannot be just as accurately delivered by the app as the wheel.

Am I missing something fundamental?!

Yes, the 80% alarm is based on the control signal sent to the engine.

By simplifying to the extreme as soon as the signal exceeds 80% (hashing the voltage applied to the engine), the 80% alarm goes on.

For alarms 1 -2, they are based solely on speed.

And finally, the battery alarm is based on voltage and speed

Ok but isnt the 'control signal' based simply on speed (rpm) and voltage? I can't see what else the wheel would monitor, unless current is also being measured somewhere as well, although I thought I read somewhere that it wasnt.

18 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Ok but isnt the 'control signal' based simply on speed (rpm) and voltage? I can't see what else the wheel would monitor, unless current is also being measured somewhere as well, although I thought I read somewhere that it wasnt.

Seems to be.

EUC World also has a "data marker" action (for smartwatch/flic button owners) - so whenever the 80% alarm occurs one can mark this and verify with the log that it's really just an "easy" speed/voltage function as discussed in 

6 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Seems to be.

EUC World also has a "data marker" action (for smartwatch/flic button owners) - so whenever the 80% alarm occurs one can mark this and verify with the log that it's really just an "easy" speed/voltage function as discussed in 

On GW wheels, the measured voltage is that of the battery (feeding the motherboard), not very representative to control the reaction of the engine

2 hours ago, Hansolo said:

On GW wheels, the measured voltage is that of the battery (feeding the motherboard), not very representative to control the reaction of the engine

The battery voltage is very representative for the maximum speed the wheel can drive before overleaning.

Every wheel measures the battery voltage. I did not hear of any wheel measuring motor (or any other) voltage till now.

I'm not saying otherwise, just that measuring battery voltage to monitor the engine in real time is not wise.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Hansolo said:

I'm not saying otherwise, just that measuring battery voltage to monitor the engine in real time is not wise.

As the battery voltage determines the motors speed limit this is a very essential value! 

For monitoring the motors output power its of course of no interest. But motor power is of very "limited use" - it does not show the motor limits. It is not even really connected to the dissipated power of the motor (thermal limits - where the motor should be the "strongest" part of the whole system anyhow)

Multiplying the battery voltage with the motor current is absolutely senseless....

What determines the wheels limits is the maximum torque over speed graph. Torque is proportional to the motor current. This limit line shifts directly proportional to battery voltage!

KS (and ?most? other) wheels report battery voltage and battery current. Here the battery burden (delivered power) can be be easily derived by multiplying. With some (low) losses at the controller this is the motor input power = motor dissipated power + motor output power.

For getting a number showing this wheels limits the motor current is missing. Just the higher the speed (the nearer one gets to the limit, the nearer to 100% duty cycle) the less the difference between motor and battery current gets.

But i've seen in the newer versions of EUC World that a value "power inverter load" is shown! This could be the "pwm duty cycle"? @Seba - would it be (easily) possible to log this value, too? :whistling::clap3:

GW wheels report battery voltage and motor current. Here one could directly derive the limts/time to overlean/safety margins. (...with some higher sampling rate... :( )

But no (easy) way to get battery deliverd power or motor input power...

22 hours ago, Hansolo said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse-width_modulation

When the duty cycle is > 80% then alarm...

Nice idea. Especially if KS reports this value?!

At the limit duty cyle should always be (as good) as 1.

Just the "usefullness" for an alarm imho has to be tested as for accelerations higher currents are needed and the motor inductance "works against" current changes it could be that one needs for such burden changes quite high duty cycles? So this could lead to "false" alarms while  accelerating - or not....

BTW.: Are any more details known about KS "88% alarm" - there were many reports some time ago but this stopped somehow without revealing any real details... Or did i just miss them?

EDIT: PS:

Actually GW wheels are by reporting motor currents the only wheels were one could easily compute the motor output power!

As output power is torque times speed and torque ~ motor current!

Acutally torque = km * motor current and km = k / kv. kv can be easily aquired by measuring battery voltage and lift cut off speed. And the k is just some "correction" constant according to the use of km/h, rpm and so on instead of SI units...

Edited by Chriull

Nothing to add, other than my new Lemt (watch) came in. SO far so good. Its a tiny thing, but EUCW seems to run on it and it wasnt hard to set it up. Hopefully this will prompt me to take longer rides to log for tours. Maybe i can figure how to incorporate playing some music and stamping videos or pics too. You can teach an old dog new tricks, it just takes a long time and costs a lot. Thanks for the app seba!

LemtEUCW.JPG

10 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Nothing to add, other than my new Lemt (watch) came in. SO far so good. Its a tiny thing, but EUCW seems to run on it and it wasnt hard to set it up. Hopefully this will prompt me to take longer rides to log for tours. Maybe i can figure how to incorporate playing some music and stamping videos or pics too. You can teach an old dog new tricks, it just takes a long time and costs a lot. Thanks for the app seba!

Cool! I'm interested in knowing what kind of battery life you get :)