1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, the costs for cell coverage is all over the map. I wonder if the countries with huge data plans have state run cell companies with government subsidies :confused1:

In Europe, all telecommunications operators are completely private companies, which do not receive any subsidies. Practically everyone has a smartphone (which is sad, even a few years old children). For example, I have unlimited domestic and EU-wide calls, SMS, MMS and unlimited 4G Internet access (24 GB when outside of 4G network). All this for around 16 dollars a month.

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I pay ~$22 for 1GB + unlimited calls and text. Data costs a lot more in the US.

Now I understand your concerns. With such a low limit I would also take into account every kilobyte.

6 hours ago, Ray1234 said:

I am trying out the horn, and on my Inmotion V10 this only works if I choose in Horn Mode to do it via Bluetooth Audio. If I choose on-board in Horn Mode, nothing happens when I press the horn. The problem is I like to listen to music via bluetooth headphone when I am traveling on my V10, if I have to connect the horn via Bluetooth Audio, then I loose this ability unless I do not mind my music coming through the V10's speakers ....

I know my V10 has on-board horn, as I can activate that using Inmotion's own app. Is it because EUC World has not included the code for Inmotion's horn that nothing happens if I choose on-board in Horn Mode? Is there any way to include the code for Inmotion?

Hmm, Inmotion V10 built-in horn should work in latest 1.0.4 version. Personally I don't have V10 but several users confirmed it works with their wheels.

9 minutes ago, Seba said:

In Europe, all telecommunications operators are completely private companies, which do not receive any subsidies. Practically everyone has a smartphone (which is sad, even a few years old children). For example, I have unlimited domestic and EU-wide calls, SMS, MMS and unlimited 4G Internet access (24 GB when outside of 4G network). All this for around 16 dollars a month.

Now I understand your concerns. With such a low limit I would also take into account every kilobyte.

I'll have to do some reading research, to satisfy my curiosity, as to why so many countries have such liberal data plans. Maybe it's because so many countries have relatively small, monolithic populations vs a widely distributed ~300 million in the United States? Anyway, I'll see what I can discover. 

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'll have to do some reading research, to satisfy my curiosity, as to why so many countries have such liberal data plans. Maybe it's because so many countries have relatively small, monolithic populations vs a widely distributed ~300 million in the United States? Anyway, I'll see what I can discover. 

Perhaps, cost per gigabyte correlates with income per capita? Basically, the price settles on what consumers can afford to pay.

1920px-Countries_by_GNI_(PPP)_per_capita

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Hmm, Inmotion V10 built-in horn should work in latest 1.0.4 version. Personally I don't have V10 but several users confirmed it works with their wheels.

I am using 1.0.4 version, but the horn still doesn't work under "On-board" mode on my Inmotion V10, anything else I can try?

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, my guess would have been that it's a relationship between size and cell coverage, as in more expenditure for installing cell towers to give coverage to a larger area with a more widely distributed population, but all the articles on the subject I've found refer to market factors: few providers and lack of competition (to the point of not even overlapping)

https://www.theverge.com/2015/4/1/8321437/maps-show-why-internet-is-more-expensive-us-europe-competition

Here in Spain, deregulation brought plenty of competition. I can choose between at least 20 different operators if we included low-cost sister companies. Many of them have no infrastructure of their own, but instead pay larger carriers for the right to use their infrastructure.

"Some researchers argue that lower population density in the United States leads to higher prices. But van der Berg doesn’t see it that way.

"Population density is an important factor in the cost of broadband, when you compare Hong Kong to Sweden or the USA," van der Berg said in an email. "However just as decisive is the amount of competition or the lack of it."

A choice of just two, even three, providers isn’t enough to create a competitive market that will keep a check on prices, said Nicholas Economides, an economics professor at New York University who studies telecommunications.

"The only competition that remains is between telephone internet service providers and cable internet service providers — if you have it," Economides said. "That’s the real problem, and that’s why we don’t have enough competition and higher prices."

20 minutes ago, Ray1234 said:

I am using 1.0.4 version, but the horn still doesn't work under "On-board" mode on my Inmotion V10, anything else I can try?

Unfortunately no, but I'll investigate it. Thank you for your report.

11 hours ago, travsformation said:

if only speed was recorded

All logs were recorded. I wanted to say that some people might be like to see only speed, because in the other logs they do not understand anything.

41 minutes ago, Seba said:

Unfortunately no, but I'll investigate it. Thank you for your report.

I use on V10F bluetooth mode horn http://soundbible.com/suggest.php?q=fog+horn&x=0&y=0 Fog horn badge sound awesome on v10f with bluetooth sound at maximum volume is full of bass. I can recomended all :)  

Seba i try for you "On-board mode" after i go back from work today.

-----------

On my galaxy S7 if i have ticwatch pro conected via bluetooth and euc world is not open just i do normal things/ or do nothing on phone eucworld app randomly crashes.I send to you mnimal 10 or more reports to google play logs. I found 2 temporary solutions.

1. wipe eucworld data.(in phone) (i dont like this solution)

OR (better and working solution is)

2. Terminate eucworld proces manualy in android app settings just manualy stop/force close app.

I start app on start ride and after ride i again must forcestop eucworld if i no do this random crash and send to google tab start showing randomly phone can do nothing on table and crash apeared.

------------

Next thing on ticwatch pro wear os app eucworld stop comunicate with phone(display not show spd etc). I try restart phone smartwatch turn off on bluetooth nothing. After i wipe data in smartwatch (eucworld data) conectivity is back and stable like before. (this problem i have only once after wipe data in ticwatch again work excelent and connect instantly)

Only things what i do diferently is i use proxy server to fake ticwatch location to germany because i need this "hack" to work google pay in Czech Republic(google logic wtf). On my watch is wifi off pernamently and i have developer options enabled i use this app https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/nl.jolanrensen.permanentproxy

This should not affect the eucworld app
but it would be wrong not to mention it

------------

Actualy im woking on bigger report sugestion for you app i have some screenshots from watch  etc. I want sumarize all after deeper/longer testing sugestions like layout optimization and other fine tuning this amazing app.I found some nice tricks in app what i want share to others and give some inspiration to you for future. Of course, even if eucworld remained as it is and no changes were made, it would still remain great

------------

I pay 20 eur for unlimited text/call 2GB limit monthly if i go over 2gb for every 100Mb i pay 2 euro!. Only Poland/Slovakia have great call prices in west europe. Poland have google pay too.

Poland have 40 KK people Czech Republic only 9KK we are only small city for google :( I don't understand my mental disorder I want to write a short post and I always create such a gigantic monster in bad English.

7 minutes ago, Victor Solovjov said:

All logs were recorded. I wanted to say that some people might be like to see only speed, because in the other logs they do not understand anything.

You know this site ? http://wheellogviewer.net/ is amazing i use it after every ride here you can disable what you no want show.

Some offline solution or integration to eucworld be epic. Im scary every day this site stop working and my world full unicorns and raibows explode :( because i dont know how work/use with raw data :(

2 hours ago, Ray1234 said:

@Ray1234, I'm sorry but I think I had some kind of mental fog :facepalm: I've just checked in sources and I implemented light control, but built-in horn isn't implemented in Inmotion wheels yet. Anyway, I'll try to add this function in next release; I just have to ask my colleague that owns V10F to lend me his wheel for a day or two so I'll be able to reverse-engineer this part of communication.

11 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Seba i try for you "On-board mode" after i go back from work today.

You don't have to, I found the answer :whistling:

11 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

On my galaxy S7 if i have ticwatch pro conected via bluetooth and euc world is not open just i do normal things/ or do nothing on phone eucworld app randomly crashes.I send to you mnimal 10 or more reports to google play logs. I found 2 temporary solutions.

1. wipe eucworld data.(in phone) (i dont like this solution)

OR (better and working solution is)

2. Terminate eucworld proces manualy in android app settings just manualy stop/force close app.

I start app on start ride and after ride i again must forcestop eucworld if i no do this random crash and send to google tab start showing randomly phone can do nothing on table and crash apeared.

I will try to pinpoint the problem you're encountering, however it's not that easy. I hope to find solution and add it to next release. However wiping data should not be needed as the problems seem to occurs in communication part. Another things is that I received some reports that are Samsung S9 and S10 specific. I just have to get S10 for testing.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@Marty Backe the reason why is simple: telco companies are there to make money... it's liked to people incomings but also to market competition. It cost (especially in 4G/5G) virtually nothing to give you 1G or 10G of data / month. If you want to is little bit similar to SMS. SMS cost nothing more to a telco company than a SMSC... SMS is transmitted on control channel so it doesn't even consume any network resources... (almost). But for year telco companies made loooot of money selling plans with overpriced SMS cost... Then same thing was done with data... and I'm sure next will be services and QoS on 5G networks.

1 hour ago, Seba said:

@Ray1234, I'm sorry but I think I had some kind of mental fog :facepalm: I've just checked in sources and I implemented light control, but built-in horn isn't implemented in Inmotion wheels yet. Anyway, I'll try to add this function in next release; I just have to ask my colleague that owns V10F to lend me his wheel for a day or two so I'll be able to reverse-engineer this part of communication.

Thanks Seba !! I can vouch for the fact that the light control works perfect !!

One other minor question, I have a Wear OS watch that has two buttons, when I choose in the Euc World app to assign some action to 'button action', nothing happens when I hit the button on the watch. Does the app read the buttons on the watch? if so, which button does it read if I have two buttons on my watch?

Edited by Chriull
Put post out of quote

1 hour ago, Seba said:

I just have to ask my colleague that owns V10F to lend me his wheel for a day or two so I'll be able to reverse-engineer this part of communication.

Go visit @Marty Backe with his collection of wheels you are gonna support all wheels in no time in EUC world :P hoho 

43 minutes ago, Ray1234 said:

Thanks Seba !! I can vouch for the fact that the light control works perfect !!

I added both beep and light control to Gotway wheels, but only light in Inmotion.

43 minutes ago, Ray1234 said:

One other minor question, I have a Wear OS watch that has two buttons, when I choose in the Euc World app to assign some action to 'button action', nothing happens when I hit the button on the watch. Does the app read the buttons on the watch? if so, which button does it read if I have two buttons on my watch?

Currently physical buttons are not used in Wear OS app, only touch actions. I will however add button support in next release.

2 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

I don't understand my mental disorder I want to write a short post and I always create such a gigantic monster in bad English.

:roflmao:

That makes two of us who have trouble with brevity.... :efee612b4b:

As to English, I really do have to take my hat off for all of you non-native English speakers who go to the effort of contributing to the forum. I don't know if I'd manage if I had to post in French, to name a language I can speak but am not fluent in...

Seba-san (Japanese way of expressing respect ;)) I had the first real tour with EUC World app today (I had been using your WheelLog for some momths before that) and I have a problem. 

I have to admit I had never realized before today that there's a second main screen with the GPS data (was it like that in WheelLog as well?). So I checked it two times while riding: both times the app stopped responding. I turned off the screen and kept riding, and heard the wheel disconnecting soon after. 

In both cases I think the app crashed because it's not active anymore when you unlock the screen and the tour stops being updated onlinr (did not get any Android "App closed" message though). 

I am on a Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android One 9, and have a Pebble connected as well. Also the Pebble diaconnected, reverting to the clock screen. 

Any hint? 

Edited by Coco66

2 hours ago, Coco66 said:

I have to admit I had never realized before today that there's a second main screen with the GPS data (was it like that in WheelLog as well?).

No, it's EUC World unique feature as there is no tour tracking in WheelLog.

2 hours ago, Coco66 said:

I am on a Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android One 9, and have a Pebble connected as well. Also the Pebble diaconnected, reverting to the clock screen. 

It seems that on certain devices there is a problem with main screen causing the app to lock. Unfortunately the problem doesn't show on my test devices I own. However I hope to resolve this issue in next release that should be available within two weeks.

6 hours ago, Seba said:

It seems that on certain devices there is a problem with main screen causing the app to lock. Unfortunately the problem doesn't show on my test devices I own. 

Any test/logging/debugging I could do for you? 

1 minute ago, Coco66 said:

Any test/logging/debugging I could do for you? 

Yes, I will PM you later.

@Seba it would be cool if you somehow make recording on the Tizen app of the screen, to easy add in videos as picture in picture overlay. I know some programs can import log files but the pip function might be easier to do for fast editing. Or you could get a video file from a log analysis you talked about, 

Edited by Unventor

When I tap on Custom Horn Sound ... in the Gauge Settings, the application closes spontaneously. OnePlus 3T (A3003), android 9, Msuper X.

I do not need this setting yet. I just found a bug.

Edited by Victor Solovjov

@Seba can you change the output graph speed to be set to whatever your max speed was? I can't see my speed chart on this tour.  Also the graph displays the distance in km even though it says miles

Edited by Flyboy10