2 minutes ago, buell47 said:

As far as I remember, you had planned that this variable current speed limit will also be available soon in EUC.World. Is that still planned?

Screenshot-20191226-113355-Quick-Pic.jpg

But it's already present in EUC World from 1.0.6 :) Actual speed limit is displayed on speed gauge as a red/black pattern. It's also available in "Live data" section on 2nd page and in speech report.

Screenshot_20200116_154250_net.lastowski.eucworld.thumb.jpg.51aa5088436777daae623b073c92de4d.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Ok I think i have solved it! Somehow, during the upgrade, wheel speed correction had set to -12%!

Didn't you had previously enabled "My wheel is MCM" option in wheel settings?

4 minutes ago, Seba said:

But it's already present in EUC World from 1.0.6 :) Actual speed limit is displayed on speed gauge as a red/black pattern. It's also available in "Live data" section on 2nd page and in speech report.

:shock2::facepalm: After each update I always look for numbers on the first page only. :roflmao:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Seba said:

Didn't you had previously enabled "My wheel is MCM" option in wheel settings?

I have never checked that option. The only wheel-specific check I have ever carried out in euc world is to make sure the voltage setting (84v) is correct. And this was indeed already showing correclty when I upgraded so didn't touch it.

Anyway, all good now. It explains why messing about with the 2nd alarm didn't make any difference whatsoever, it seems it was the 1st alarm that was triggering!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Anyway, all good now. It explains why messing about with the 2nd alarm didn't make any difference whatsoever, it seems it was the 1st alarm that was triggering!

Happy you managed it :) It's also a good to know your case, as if anyone will have similar problem I'll know where to search.

This just showcase that dispite EUC.WORLD looks to be straight forward to use it have become a very complex app with how to keep up with warnings and set restrictions in app and from wheels manufacturers (throttling). 

Since I rarely ever push my wheels to the limit I don't have these issues to deal with. One of the benafits not going faster than 35 kmh (slow down) and 40kmh (tilt back) setting. Most of the time I ride in the 30-36kmh range. 

I never thought of correction values either as I don't bother with it being precise. 

I guess a side effect or I rather get from A to B than race from A and maybe not always reach B. 

• Like 2

All very true. TBH I would rather just rely on the 80% GW alarm and nothing else. I don't want any other alarms to distract me. However, I now hit the 80% alarm on pretty much every ride I make so I gotta be careful. I use EUC World as a backup, in case the GW beeper ever fails or I simply don't hear it. I'm still testing at the moment after I moved it. It's seriously louder, but I need to do more miles under more conditions before I can trust 100% that I will hear it at all times.

I just updated the app and put 2.0 FW on my 18L. Calibrated and noticed right away it beeped and cut out 2 times after I jumped off it. Quickly checked app and yep, lift sensor was enabled. Disabled that now....hopefully good to go.

App looks and feels really nice.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Unventor said:

Since I rarely ever push my wheels to the limit I don't have these issues to deal with. One of the benafits not going faster than 35 kmh (slow down) and 40kmh (tilt back) setting. Most of the time I ride in the 30-36kmh range. 

It still might come in handy, I think the 16X tilts back due to speed throttling at 35 km/h and....15% battery :efee612b4b: So you could always set an voltage-dependent speed alarm set to 32 km/h @ 15% battery...although you don't strike me as the type to let your battery discharge that much ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, travsformation said:

@Seba, the new signature with the euc.world profile pic is a very nice touch!  :cheers:

Thank you, I wanted to reward users supporting EUC World and also add user stats I was asked by many people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fuzzypixel said:

The new version 1.0.9 doesn't quit when I close the app and hogs battery unless I force quit it.

Device is Pixel3XL

Actually 9 % drained in 11 hours by EUC World vs 8 % drained in just 30 minutes by Twitter doesn't look bad. Are you sure that you closed the app and not sent it to the background? It should confirm closing with "Good bye!" message. Anyway I'll take a look at this.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, travsformation said:

It still might come in handy, I think the 16X tilts back due to speed throttling at 35 km/h and....15% battery :efee612b4b: So you could always set an voltage-dependent speed alarm set to 32 km/h @ 15% battery...although you don't strike me as the type to let your battery discharge that much ;)

You are right on that observation. Most of my rides are short distance still. I might ride 40km a day but that isn't any issue for any of my wheels. And if I am at 40% battery I ride a little slower too. 

• Like 1

A question about the euc.world site : how are user sessions kept/pruned, in the event some indelicate user logs (many times, being indelicate) in and never logs out again ?

I ask because I am writing a python lib (using requests module) to retrieve my uploaded log files, and as it can happen when coding infrequently / with fat fingers, it occurs that I got the POST /signin successful several times, while the program ran into some fat fingers related exception.

That little program is still at draft state and lacks a proper exit/cleanup handler (that would do the GET /?signout with its sessionid cookie in any case).

It will eventually get betterr but I worry that I might be piling up zombie sessions on the server. In the request payload I set keep to false. Used my account, same nickname as on this forum.

{
    "email": <email>,
    "password": <password>,
    "keep": false
}

I will pause my playing in the meantime (3 sessions so far, not a big deal yet).

• Like 1

wow, lookit that fancy signature! Dont i just feel so damn cool?! Now if we could just get everyone to make the eucw tag smaller, it would be near perfect! Seems these signatures are taking more room than some of the posts. Anyhow, what version of eucw are we on currently? Its quite an ordeal for me to update and download apps (still have to remove my battery to charge the damn phone). I have zero issues with eucw, but im one of those ocd types that just HAS to update everything, even when theres no need.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

wow, lookit that fancy signature! Dont i just feel so damn cool?! Now if we could just get everyone to make the eucw tag smaller, it would be near perfect! Seems these signatures are taking more room than some of the posts. Anyhow, what version of eucw are we on currently? Its quite an ordeal for me to update and download apps (still have to remove my battery to charge the damn phone). I have zero issues with eucw, but im one of those ocd types that just HAS to update everything, even when theres no need.

Haha :) I'll try to make it smaller :)  Latest version is 1.0.9.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 2

Well currect version is 1.0.9 (i think) with minor update incomming soon.Adding final hand we are adding final touches on Danish and Norwegian translatin. And @Seba ironed out a few bugs too. 

22 hours ago, Fuzzypixel said:

The new version 1.0.9 doesn't quit when I close the app and hogs battery unless I force quit it.

Device is Pixel3XL

Screenshot_20200228-193356.thumb.png.1f86e0a2d4694f33bd7b206644bd8860.png

Same bug here, also @Flyboy10 has been seeing this issue as well. I have to force stop the app to get the notification to disappear, whereas before I would just have to swipe it away in the app switcher.

• Like 1

Suggestion for further EUCW developement:

Catching up on this thread I noticed that several times the answer to ”why does/doesn’t the app do this” has been that it behaves as planned.

Instructional videos are a valuable source for information, but if a feature is not needed often or right away, the exact behaviour will be forgotten. Also making and even watching through all the videos would probably take a good slice of time, and with the current speed of EUCW updates the info would eventually get outdated.

I suggest further explanations included in the app itself. For example:

1) A circled question mark next to a setting or a group of settings that opens a pop-up window briefly explaining what the feature does and which other aspects affect the behaviour. For example ”Speed alarm: Plays an alarm from the app when set speed is reached. Note: Speed limit is automatically set at 20km/h while the vehicle is stationary and leaning on a wall.”

2) When enabling a setting, a similiar info window opens up for 5-10 seconds at the top or bottom of the setting, whichever has more room.

Or something along those lines.

Going forward, I’m sure this would be a big help for the users, and significantly decrease the questions asked in this topic, as EUCW seems to keep getting more and more of quite sophisticated features.

• Like 2

Thank you @mrelwood you just made the translation task much much bigger . :huh:

Joke aside :D. I can tell that there are some text to explain functions but I agree some things are a little difficult to see the consequence of what it does. 

In my view it is better to have a slim app with a link that take you to a website to explain stuff. As more languages enters the app more explaining text will be harder to keep up with. 

The work I just reviews on the Danish translation are now on a stage that I think it will be ready to go live. If you have any feedback feel free to let me know. But I can tell that it isn't that easy to match language in meaning and text length to keep within same size in the app. Sometimes it is a trade-off. It is also how it works visually, as we try to keep it as shot as possible for easy view on the fly, or quick glance when riding.

I can also say we are looking into making some manuals, but I think this will be a longer process and with @Seba fast output of new thing all the time, it is hard to keep up with him. :rolleyes:

I asked Inmotion on WhatsApp, if they would be interested in working towards more input/share API to EUC.WOLD app but they more or less declined. I tried to make the case that not all riders only have one wheel or one brand, so having a shared App is very useful to a user. Also, that EUC.WORLD have functions that Inmorion app don't. Unfortunately, I don't think he viewed it this way. So some more users/rider that push for them to do this the better. :smartass:

This is why, it is so important to get user feedback, on how it works in practice. It is passed 700 excel rows of text (some words, some longer texts). 

• Like 2

Version 1.0.9 keeps crashing, immediately after starting. I never get to see the app. Already emptied cache (did not help) and deleted and reinstalled the app (also did not help). Any ideas?

Even tried rebooting  my phone, but no luck!

@Seba Can I go back to 1.0.8 version?

Edited by DKmotion

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my 16S to V2.0.  The Kingsong app won't let me do the upgrade so I thought that I would try to upgrade via the EUC World app.

This is what the EUC app is showing:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvkrJK3mWp2slqUL78_6a2w856QZAA?e=XHacUj

From what I've read in this forum, the 16S should be able to be updated using the EUC app.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bruce

Edited by PennBruce