@Seba I asked above but it looks like it got missed. When voice reads out speed, is that GPS or wheel speed?

I have been riding with voice turned on and it seems like it's GPS, because there are sections where I am doing less than 10km/h where it then reports that I'm doing 20km/h, which scares pedestrians near me.

21 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Are Standard and Optimized battery algorithms specific to the EUC World app? Or are they options that manufacturers or other apps also provide?

I can't speak for DarnessBot, as I've never used it. But Standardized is pretty much equivalent to what OEM apps report, while "Optimized" is, AFAIK, exclusive to EUC World

2 hours ago, Brendan Halliday said:

@Seba I asked above but it looks like it got missed. When voice reads out speed, is that GPS or wheel speed?

I have been riding with voice turned on and it seems like it's GPS, because there are sections where I am doing less than 10km/h where it then reports that I'm doing 20km/h, which scares pedestrians near me.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's wheel speed. In most cases, GPS speed is lower than the speed the wheel reports, but a 10 km/h difference...that's unusual...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, winterwheel said:

I did this once on a trip out to the airport. It was awesome, I had no idea how to get there but the wheel was loudly calling out directions and it steered me right there. Issues were hearing the directions clearly over the wind noise, getting used to when to turn when it says turn, and that it was a massive drain on the phone battery, which dropped from 100% to zero in about 90 minutes. 

Watch saves the day! :D

But why all the battery drain? Was this stand-alone watch-navigation, or set from your phone? I don't own a WearOS watch, so I have no idea how this works. Can't it be set up so you set navigation on your phone, and G-maps "mirrors" it, thus GPS-related battery drain is on the phone's side, not the watch's?

7 hours ago, buell47 said:

For offroad riding Google maps is nearly useless. I use Komoot (full paid version) (@Unventor   KOMOOT :D) and it's fantastic on smartphone and also on the Samsung Galaxy Watch. Before I had the watch, I had always my Smartphone in my hands. Navigation, Music control and WheelLog. Now I can ride unknown tours and control music (native music app, Spotify, DI.FM, etc., with the watch while riding and my phone is 95% in my pocket. Only EUC World App is missing, but I can at least read the current GPS speed and average riding speed all the time on the Komoot screen. 

Yeah, I use Komoot too! Mostly for trip-plannig BEFORE leaving home. But sometimes it has a tendency to take me along what it thinks are bike paths, but are actually just imaginary paths along the sand. In those cases, I use G-maps, as satellite view comes in handy.

So how good is Komoot navigation on a smartwatch? I recall seeing a short demo on Youtube and it was merely arrows and distance 'til next turn, no map, which can be tricky to interpret on bike tracks with odd-angled forks and whatnot.

My ideal setup is 1 phone, 1 watch, 1 in-helmet headset. Phone transmits all audio to my headset (music, navigation, EUC World voice messages and alarms), and the watch mirrors EUC World/or Komoot. Can that be done, or is navigation audio transmitted to the watch when it's connected?

I'm looking for a SmartWatch with the longest-lasting battery possible...so I was thinking of a Tickwatch Pro as opposed to a Samsung. Any alternative suggestions?

Thanks for your feedback! :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Yeah, I use Komoot too! Mostly for trip-plannig BEFORE leaving home. But sometimes it has a tendency to take me along what it thinks are bike paths, but are actually just imaginary paths along the sand. In those cases, I use G-maps, as satellite view comes in handy.

Yes, that's right. I had the same problem sometimes if I plan the route as a Mountainbike-Tour, but if I edit the tour and choose instead "normal bike tour" , those paths are not used. 

24 minutes ago, travsformation said:

So how good is Komoot navigation on a smartwatch? I recall seeing a short demo on Youtube and it was merely arrows and distance 'til next turn, no map... 

No map, only arrows.

28 minutes ago, travsformation said:

which can be tricky to interpret on bike tracks with odd-angled forks and whatnot.

Those situations are the 5% where I pull my phone out of my pocket. :laughbounce2:

29 minutes ago, travsformation said:

My ideal setup is 1 phone, 1 watch, 1 in-helmet headset. Phone transmits all audio to my headset (music, navigation, EUC World voice messages and alarms), and the watch mirrors EUC World/or Komoot. Can that be done, or is navigation audio transmitted to the watch when it's connected?

No, all Audio will be transmitted to the connected Bluetooth Speaker, Headset or wheel. I use Bose Soundlink Micro or the Speaker from 16X and it works fine. 

• Like 1

@buell47 Thanks!

I'll play around with the type of tour, that'll probably make a difference, thanks! I usually check my tours pretty thoroughly while planning, switching from Komoot map to open cycle to satellite...but sometimes the imagery is outdated, and sometimes my brain is :efee612b4b:

Hmm...the arrows-only navigation might not cut it for me, audio navigation already provides that same functionality. Maybe it's just the paths in this area, but sometimes there are three possible rights, or turn right actually means "keep going straight, don't turn left", so the amount of times I have to pull out my phone are probably 50% of all indications. Or maybe it's just me and I need to try harder to understand what the app is trying to tell me :efee612b4b:

I guess all of this is why I'm still hesitant to buy a watch. All the functions that a watch provides, I can get via audio navigation and EUC-World voice messages. To be completely sold on getting a watch, I'd have to have Komoot and Google Maps navigation that actually showed the map. My mind tells me I don't really need a watch but...I really want one! :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, travsformation said:

But why all the battery drain? Was this stand-alone watch-navigation, or set from your phone? I don't own a WearOS watch, so I have no idea how this works. Can't it be set up so you set navigation on your phone, and G-maps "mirrors" it, thus GPS-related battery drain is on the phone's side, not the watch's?

No watch for me, it was just the phone tied to the wheel. It seemed like the blue tooth connection to the wheel consumed battery at a very high rate.

• Like 1

A pebble question for @Seba when we had the old wheellog fork app of yours that then was made into the 1st edition of the euc.world app, if you had the pebble watchfacec open and pressed and hold the middle button on the pebble, the wheellog app and then the 1st edition of the euc.world app opened up on your phone and connected instantly, whith each of your options enabled (i have always record csv, auto-enable watch, no voice commands, no tour record, all on start).

Now with the latest revision of the euc.world app, i can't get to open the phone app from the watchface, something maybe changed over the course of the software being upgraded/changed?

I'm still using Oneplus 7, on stock (non-rooted) Android 9. And for the record i've disabled any Tasker & MacroDroid & AutomateIt tasks, i did many tests for this.

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Now with the latest revision of the euc.world app, i can't get to open the phone app from the watchface, something maybe changed over the course of the software being upgraded/changed?

It's because Android imposed new limits on how app can be started and limitation on so-called "implicit broadcasts". These broadcasts are the way Pebble app sends information to other applications. In the past you could mark your app as a receiver for these broadcasts, even if it was not running. So receiving such broadcast would cause app to start. Now it's only possible to register for receiving such broadcast when application is running.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Seba said:

It's because Android imposed new limits on how app can be started and limitation on so-called "implicit broadcasts". These broadcasts are the way Pebble app sends information to other applications. In the past you could mark your app as a receiver for these broadcasts, even if it was not running. So receiving such broadcast would cause app to start. Now it's only possible to register for receiving such broadcast when application is running.

So a temporary solution may be to add an event on macrodroid or other similar apps?

Wow a lot has changed since I was here last summer. @Seba Congrats on the euc world app!

I'm having troubles resetting my pw. When I submit a new PW, the button spins and stops  like it's tried but I don't get a success messagea and trying to log in with my new PW doesn't work. I was already logged in under an old tab I had open and have since logged out and tried the PW reset again but still having the same problem.

Scott

On 1/14/2020 at 3:28 AM, travsformation said:

My mind tells me I don't really need a watch but...I really want one!

You want a watch because it is small. I advise you to buy a small smartphone complete with its mount on your hand. https://www.unihertz.com/shop You can duplicate on it all the applications installed on a large smartphone.
I also think that I do not need a watch (simply because I am not an athlete and do not want to pay for functions that are not necessary to me).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, binks00 said:

Wow a lot has changed since I was here last summer. @Seba Congrats on the euc world app!

Last summer... Oh, it was soooo long time ago.... :D

1 hour ago, binks00 said:

I'm having troubles resetting my pw. When I submit a new PW, the button spins and stops  like it's tried but I don't get a success messagea and trying to log in with my new PW doesn't work.

PM me with your email,registered with euc.world.

22 hours ago, Lefteris said:

I've done it.. Macrodroid android app along side with macrodroid pebble watchface 

Screenshot_20200114-205010.thumb.jpg.39d74f277c833da6fff71970e5a8a19f.jpg

Pebble down button is set to open the macrodroid watchface on long press, when the watchface is open the you can setup all buttons for single, long or double press to do anything you want. 

I've set it to open euc.world on long press of the down button only if the pebble is connected and then connect to Bluetooth audio on my Z10 and then open euc.world apk 

The single buttons are set to play audio over Bluetooth, for example horns or funny sounds 😂

@Lefteris help me with what I am missing here. I think I configured everything as you did, but the long press of the watch button will not bring up the EUC app. If I go into the macrodroid config and try "test trigger", it works fine, but it won't respond to the configured long button press set for the trigger on the Pebble Time. I'm missing a step but can't see it. Do I have to do something to activate the lower right button in the watch itself? It's not unique to failing to lauch the EUC world app. I tried another to see but no joy. I tried another trigger, same result. Is there a permission that I need to allow hiding somewhere?

One thing I don't understand is the "Play: ??????????_???????????  string".  Why under the blue ACTIONS section do you not have LAUNCH EUC WORLD, yet it's in the screen capture below?

In the watch you can Quicklaunch the Wheelog (EUC) with a button press. Let's say that's the upper right button. It opens the app on the watch face At that point, it should open with a long press of the lower right button as per the Macrodroid config, correct?

Would you do some step by step screen captures? I don't know another way to find what I did wrong unless you can already tell from the info I have provided.

Thanks,

Ben

Sorry to be a bother, but it would really make things nice to get this working.

Thanks,

Ben

Edited by Dr.Ben
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Dr.Ben said:

@Lefteris help me with what I am missing here. I think I configured everything as you did, but the long press of the watch button will not bring up the EUC app. If I go into the macrodroid config and try "test trigger", it works fine, but it won't respond to the configured long button press set for the trigger on the Pebble Time. I'm missing a step but can't see it. Do I have to do something to activate the lower right button in the watch itself? It's not unique to failing to lauch the EUC world app. I tried another to see but no joy. I tried another trigger, same result. Is there a permission that I need to allow hiding somewhere?

One thing I don't understand is the "Play: ??????????_???????????  string".  Why under the blue ACTIONS section do you not have LAUNCH EUC WORLD, yet it's in the screen capture below?

In the watch you can Quicklaunch the Wheelog (EUC) with a button press. Let's say that's the upper right button. It opens the app on the watch face At that point, it should open with a long press of the lower right button as per the Macrodroid config, correct?

Would you do some step by step screen captures? I don't know another way to find what I did wrong unless you can already tell from the info I have provided.

Thanks,

Ben

Sorry to be a bother, but it would really make things nice to get this working.

Thanks,

Ben

You are right ben i posted that post from my phone and choose the wrong screenshot.

1225146568_2020-01-1607_16_45.thumb.jpg.28c7d6a7b8a099c723860adc119a782d.jpg

The previous one is cause i want to play some sounds from pebble buttons :P

This recipe has the trigger which for me is long press of the lower button

As action has the launch fresh EUC world application and also make sure to connect to my Z10 as an audio device cause in oneplus i don't want to auto-switch to the wheel in the morning i have my headphones

And as a constraint, bt needs to be enabled.

Don't forget to have the watchface installed, even if error occour and the companion app "is" the macrodroid app, no worries there.

I'll try to export the recipe file later today. And also show you guys more fun recipies with pebble buttons. 

• Like 1

Thank you @Lefteris . I did it exactly like you did, which probably means I have some silly permission in my phone blocking it. I tried to help myself here with searches, but the list of possible glitches is epically long and diverse. Thus I look forward to anything in the background you can think of that might be keeping the long button press on the watch from working. as well as your complete "recipe".

I'm interested in playing other sounds via button press as well because the default KS ring-ring "horn" in nowhere near loud enough even via BT in the wheel, and when I try to select a custom horn sound in the EUC app, the app immediately crashes. Every. Single. Time.

@Marty Backe , since you just posted a fresh video on the Pebble integration, would you be willing to try and see if you can get the Macrodroid to work on your Android phone and described by @Lefteris? I'm trying to see if I have a hidden phone issue causing the trigger to fail to execute.

Thanks all,

Ben

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Ben said:

Thank you @Lefteris . I did it exactly like you did, which probably means I have some silly permission in my phone blocking it. I tried to help myself here with searches, but the list of possible glitches is epically long and diverse. Thus I look forward to anything in the background you can think of that might be keeping the long button press on the watch from working. as well as your complete "recipe".

I'm interested in playing other sounds via button press as well because the default KS ring-ring "horn" in nowhere near loud enough even via BT in the wheel, and when I try to select a custom horn sound in the EUC app, the app immediately crashes. Every. Single. Time.

@Marty Backe , since you just posted a fresh video on the Pebble integration, would you be willing to try and see if you can get the Macrodroid to work on your Android phone and described by @Lefteris? I'm trying to see if I have a hidden phone issue causing the trigger to fail to execute.

Thanks all,

Ben

Sorry, right now I don't want to experiment with apps like this on my phone :(

On 1/14/2020 at 3:37 AM, travsformation said:

When I plan more serious trips over roads that are unknown to me, I use Google Eartht to "animate" my planned ride.  plan route with Komoot, then export it to GPX and import this file to Google Earth. Finally, I use Movie Maker feature to render high quality movie that is similar to Relive, but you get much better results and you can set your camera as you wish. I used this when planning my last year trip across entire Poland at it really helped me to get familiar with the route.

Below is an example. Because this movie was rendered for public view, camera distance and angle is set to provide more broad view with less details. When rendering for checking your route, you can set camera much closer. Also playback rate will be smaller, so you can precisely examine entire track.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Seba said:

When I plan more serious trips over roads that are unknown to me, I use Google Eartht to "animate" my planned ride.  plan route with Komoot, then export it to GPX and import this file to Google Earth.

Yeah, that's a great system! :D

I actually did that for some off-road tours some time back, after a few routes I'd planned with Komoot turned out to be impossibly steep for the 18XL. For some reason, I only associated the "need" to 3D-check my routes with off-roading, mountain tours; it didn't occur to me that OpenCycle Maps might include tracks that are straight across the beach :efee612b4b:

Also...I've done a couple of tours lately that I planned months ago, and didn't check before leaving home. Turns out they were "drafts" :facepalm::efee612b4b:

27 minutes ago, Seba said:

used this when planning my last year trip across entire Poland at it really helped me to get familiar with the route.

That's really a brilliant idea, especially when riding far from home and unfamiliar with the geography! +10!!!

27 minutes ago, Seba said:

Finally, I use Movie Maker feature to render high quality movie that is similar to Relive, but you get much better results and you can set your camera as you wish.

I remember you posting something about that a while ago, in the Komoot thread, I think. It looks much better than Relive and gives you much more control! I'd completely forgotten about that! Possibly because I was running a 6-year-old laptop with no discrete graphics card, so after trying once, I had to outsource my rendering to Relive... :efee612b4b:

But I've finally retired it, and now my MSI P65 (8Gb Nvidia 2070 MaxQ) should have no trouble at all! Thanks for reminding me of the possibility, I'd completely forgotten! New camera, new laptop...am going to have plenty of fun stuff to do indoors when it's too dark and cold to ride! :D

• Like 2