Noobie question about my V8 and pedal tilt.

Jeff G

Hi all. I’m new to EUC’s. I own an INMOTION V8 and as of today I have 540 miles on it.  My question is about pedal tilt while riding. Do your pedals always stay completely flat, or can you feel them slightly tiltling forward and backwards as you ride?  My wheel especially tilts very noticeably forwards when I do big looping circles (like the size of a culdesac.)  It feels like it’s putting me on my tippy toes as I turn, and then it flattens back out once I straighten up. Is this normal?  And yes, I’ve calibrated the wheel multiple times. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

I have a V8 with about the same number of miles on it. It definitely does dip sometimes when making sharp turns. I guess it might be somehow related to the fact that when the unicycle turns it leans to one side, and that lean causes the angle of the pedal relative to the ground plane to decrease, allowing it to dip a bit more? Just a hunch. Curious to know the real cause if anyone knows for certain.

Pedal dipping in turns is unintended (the pedals should always be level), but common.

You can get rid of it by doing a good calibration. That means:

• Make sure the wheel is not tilted sideways (left-right) during the entire calibration.
  • Keep the wheel absolutely still during the entire calibration. Don't hold it in your hand, lean it against something hard.

With a bit of luck, you can get rid of the dipping.

Some more detailed info about the entire dipping thing is in my replies in this thread:

• Like 1

Yup, calibrate, but calibrate properly (100% vertical in left to right plane).  Many examples of bad calibration attempts here.

There's an Inmotion calibration video somewhere, slightly different to king song.

Edited by Smoother

When I calibrated my KS I used a pallet, with a gap large enough to fit my tyre between, and plugged in the charger to keep the wheel from spinning.
If this works for Inmotion, I don't know, but it could be worth a try :)

• 2 weeks later...

My V8 does not have pedals, but the footplates dip during and after turns, and especially after turning π/2 radians and immediately commencing up a steep hill.  Calibrating made a big improvement, but the dip is still noticeable.