Troubleshooting M365 that only goes 10mph/16kmh

mtbizzle

Got second hand m365 that only goes 10mph/16kmh. Been trying to identify problem for a few days, would love some help. If I can't get it working, I'll have to be riding my bike to work, not fun in the summer where I live. Only issues I think I have found so far are (1) appears to have a fake/clone dashboard chip, (2) there is a small amt of corrosion on one battery contact (but voltages seem OK). Would the dashboard chip cause this top speed problem??

Here's what I know so far.

The obvious stuff

• Not in Eco-mode. Only goes ~7mph in eco-mode
  • Battery fully charged
  • Rider weight not issue
  • Tire pressure seems fine. Riding on flat road

Battery

• Voltages seem fine as far as I can tell. See battery info from downG and M365 Tools apps
  • Battery appears visually OK, has not been tampered with, spot solders seem OK.
  • Appears be a small amount of corrosion (white substance) on one of the solder points, see top right in this image.

Firmware / Chips

Any thoughts...?

Edited by mtbizzle

I'm guessing it's one of the boards... the dashboard chip or the controller chip. 

Just did a bit of quick math... my estimation is that for a (normal) m365, eco-mode reduces speed to ~70% of max speed when in regular mode. 

The same thing happens with mine -- my eco-mode speed (~6.8mph) is ~70% of my normal mode top speed (~10mph). Does anyone know if that might help pinpoint one of the chips being bad?

• 4 weeks later...

Got ES2 and I am trying to identify the exactly same problem. My chip and all parts are original so don't worry about they are being changed or fake.

I was riding at 26kmh one day I got error 14, it is an issue about throttle hand set (mis position of magnets). After I fixed it, I am not able to exceed 16-17kmh. I tried to control everything.

Now one last thing in my mind. When I tried to fix error 14, I might demage a chip. Can you check it out? Do you think it would effect the speed?

chip.jpg