14.5 miles round trip :)

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

Today's ride to local park in Bingley / 14.5 miles :)
Unfortunately I couldn't enjoy the park, as it's too far away, so I made to the park to take a photo only, and did set off back way...
At the end of the journey my E+ started slowing me down,by tilting backwards, I've checked the battery, it was 19% remaining, and it was showing 5miles available...

* (If fully charged, it shows 27km range, I know it's average, but you can find information that Ninebot One E+ range is 35km, somewhere else 30km...

Mine shows everytime around 27km fully charged.

I wish it was 35km instead ... :) )

It would be enough to get me home (19%,5miles) but it was all way up to hill, and I just clocked the bus service pulling off the stand behind ...
I've jumped on it, and I have saved unpleasant riding up hill,by going fewer stops on that bus ...
Yes it was cheating a bit, lol :)
When I got off the bus, all the way home was going down, or flat, so I've managed to slowly ride home instead of carrying the wheel this hot afternoon.
20190420_172134.thumb.jpg.af5c845b26b2aa5c412ebbf935224d43.jpgIMG_20042019_173201_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.85020bfb6c4f51bd7b1a1ed0adfa2656.jpgScreenshot_20190420-141757_Segway-Ninebot.thumb.jpg.6f898c01058a2e57b2777badc59550f3.jpgScreenshot_20190420-171702_Segway-Ninebot.thumb.jpg.f6096cda29ca69096e951a940f413e7f.jpg

Edited by PogArt Artur

What was the temperature? Keep in mind range will be better at 25deg. C.

If I were you, I would refrain from riding under 30% on NB1.

Congrats on your progress!

Edited by pico
c

Guest PogArt Artur
3 hours ago, pico said:

What was the temperature? Keep in mind range will be better at 25deg. C.

If I were you, I would refrain from riding under 30% on NB1.

Congrats on your progress!

I went too far I guess, so the battery ran out of its juice ...

I will try to avoid riding below 30%, it's not pleasure anymore if the pedals pushing you backwards...

The temperature was around 22 C my friend.

Guest PogArt Artur
3 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

Congrats!   Looks like it's almost time for an upgrade.

I think I'm not afraid go places anymore, lol :)

And you're right, I'm starting to see limitations of E+ hahahaaa :)

I don't mind speed limitation, but the range the wheel can make.

I'm not a rich man, the upgrade going be at next year I believe ... :(  

Thank you @Dzlchef.

Edited by PogArt Artur

Yes be careful riding at low battery, I was testing mine against the V5F and the NB1e+ cut off and dumped me going 7-8 mph at 16-17 percent battery. Then it wouldn't turn on again until I fully charged it. The V5F let's me ride it down to 5% even on an incline but wisely limits my speed to 5 mphs instead of 16 mph.  I was of course fully geared like a bomb detonator because I figured there might be cut outs (yes I know riding Li-Ion batteries down so low is bad for them but I was curious.)

The NB1e+ I notice also struggles with inclines below 35% battery, and the indicator on the App will dip down from 35% to 15-20% from the stress on the older motor. Riding below 30 % is indeed a shady prospect unless you are on complete flat or downhill.

• Like 2

Guest PogArt Artur
4 hours ago, tenofnine said:

Yes be careful riding at low battery, I was testing mine against the V5F and the NB1e+ cut off and dumped me going 7-8 mph at 16-17 percent battery. Then it wouldn't turn on again until I fully charged it. The V5F let's me ride it down to 5% even on an incline but wisely limits my speed to 5 mphs instead of 16 mph.  I was of course fully geared like a bomb detonator because I figured there might be cut outs (yes I know riding Li-Ion batteries down so low is bad for them but I was curious.)

The NB1e+ I notice also struggles with inclines below 35% battery, and the indicator on the App will dip down from 35% to 15-20% from the stress on the older motor. Riding below 30 % is indeed a shady prospect unless you are on complete flat or downhill.

I've experienced all you're saying at this ride.

It didn't cut off the power, but was frequently tilting me back not allowing riding at comfortable speed.

I got on the bus, because all that way I were supposed to incline the hill...

I thought, what's the point...

So when I spot the bus at the stop, I've jumped on it :)

I guess I won't do that far on my E+ any more, if I'll be struggling to come back comfortably.

Guest PogArt Artur
3 hours ago, litewave said:

If you can source a new spare battery for the E+ it's very easy to mod for quick swaps. I always carry one or more spares wherever I go, and have gone 45 miles in one trip.

That's so clever idea!

With easy swapping the batteries, you can easily go out, and come back comfortably :)

Thank you very much for share :)

1 hour ago, PogArt Artur said:

I got on the bus, because all that way I were supposed to incline the hill...

Free bus pass comes in handy eeeh 😊

12 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

don't mind speed limitation, but the range the wheel can make.

I'm not a rich man, the upgrade going be at next year I believe ... :(

When you was buying the wheel we did say you'd grow out of it quick 😑you'll miss the range now your riding, 

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
11 hours ago, stephen said:

Free bus pass comes in handy eeeh 😊

When you was buying the wheel we did say you'd grow out of it quick 😑you'll miss the range now your riding, 

Yeah, it's all my friends, lol :), to be honest I missed that bus though :), it already had set off the bus stop while I were on my way...

Hopefully the traffic lights had stopped him, so when he recon me at the door, he had opened it for me, lol :)

Free ride then,and a nice chat :) lol...

I remember keen advices obviously, the trouble was I couldn't spent any more than this to get more decent wheel.

To me the E+ was decent compared to V5F that I could afford easier, but I decided pay more to start with E+ instead...

There's one more thing to add - I had no clue if I enjoy it?

So at that point it would be risky, getting loan to buy top shelf wheel, just to find out whether I like it or not, if that's making sense :)

Fewer weeks passed by, and I'm starting noticing the E+ limitations :(

Unfortunately there's no other way for me, but get used to those limitations @stephen, and live with them :)

The thing is simply, commuting and shopping in town...

No more longer trips around, as a way back is missing the point of good fun, and joy of riding...

Unless I get a spare battery?

But to be honest, I'd rather save that money to buy better wheel instead.

Thanks @stephen :)

To get the most range equalize your battery pack every 10 charges. It means keeping it on the charger two hours after green "charged" light.

Don't keep the wheel charging unattended during that time(just in case you have old deteriorated cells in your pack). Use your wheel if possible less than 12 hrs after the really full charge (li-ion don't like to be stored full to the brim)

Plus when fully charged don't get accidentally into regenerative mode, i.e. downhill at the start of your journey as you may get regenerative overvoltage cut off.

Hope this helps you get some extra range before your upgrade.

Edited by pico
corr

Guest PogArt Artur
29 minutes ago, pico said:

To get the most range equalize your battery pack every 10 charges. It means keeping it on the charger two hours after green "charged" light.

Don't keep the wheel charging unattended during that time(just in case you have old deteriorated cells in your pack). Use your wheel if possible less than 12 hrs after the really full charge (li-ion don't like to be stored full to the brim)

Plus when fully charged don't get accidentally into regenerative mode, i.e. downhill at the start of your journey as you may get regenerative overvoltage cut off.

Hope this helps you get some extra range before your upgrade.

I'm VERY appreciated @pico for the advice !

It's making good sense, and knowing the battery better,will let use it wisely indeed.

Thanks !