Calling Electric Wheelsters in South East England

CoolBot

Hi - are there any electric wheelsters in the South-East of England, preferably within a reasonable distance of Windsor, Berks. I've got a Ninebot One E+ and have just removed the protective fat suit as I've gotten sufficient skill not to keep falling off. Can do tight figure of eights but can't go backwards yet. Plenty of tarmac near to me - Windsor Great Park and Eton Rowing Lake. Any interest out there. I'm a mature rider, but I won't say how mature as we're all young at heart....

South East what? Narnia? ;)  Guess it's UK, but better note the country too, as this forum's being used by people all over the world...

Thanks - entry amended.

Yep, it's the UK - but good advice.   South East Finland is a good distance from Windsor in Berkshire (UK).

All noted.

Get down to Surrey occasionally, not too far away?  Would be good to see another one 'in action' so to speak.

When you say 'Mature' is that accurate - surely only those foolish enough to keep younger than their actual years will be riding these things (at least this early on?)?

Windsor Park would be a cracking place to 'break out' into the public spaces :D

Mature.. Hmmm. Put it this way, I'm pandering to my 10th late mid-life crisis - very late. But with my rubber Prince Charles mask I can get away with it. Also a biker - T100. Windsor park is great, however you also have to contend with occasional cars. I've just started venturing onto the tarmac foot-paths in the park as I'm reasonably competent at avoiding dogs, kids and zimmer frames. Eton Rowing Course is good because it has several cycle tracks and good sized areas of tarmac. Windsor's a bit of a hike from Warrington. I'd imagine you could wheel it down the M6/M4 in around 5 hours with some spare bats.

Too far from Warrington - but I'd still be travelling faster than the cars through the Birmingham stretch of the M6 :D

Thinking more like not too far from Guildford where I still have family / friends (was born and raised there before heading North for a more 'relaxed' pace of life!).

I live in Weybridge, Surrey, not south east but hey. I agree, Windsor park would be a great wheeling ground.

New wheel is coming on Tuesday so will be active from then. 

Another area I really want to explore/conquer is Greenwich park, around and including the steep hill up to the Royal Observatory.

I lived in Weybridge many, many moons ago. - happy days. I like the Greenwich idea. I got the bug for a wheel whilst at Nice this year where they've got a wheel/Segway shop just by the hotel I usually stay in. The long, wide prom is ideal. Brighton has a similar prom stretching from Hove to Brighton marina and with a cycle track most of the way, plus lower beach path. Will probably visit before the less sociable weather. Richmond park is another challenge, though the cycle tracks aren't tarmac. As a reasonably competent wheelster I'm getting more comfortable with public places. What wheel are you getting? Mine's a Ninebot One E+.    

Getting an e+ too.....will need a few days 'refresher' course as I haven't been on an euc in ages now - after which would be great to meet up with you guys.

Yeah re:Greenwich, it looks like prime euc material, and that hill leading up to the space observatory looks like the ultimate test for an euc.

Hyde Park is a definite go too. Need to go down and intimidate all those bloody phunkee-duckers ?

Come on then guys - a trip down to Brighton Beach anyone?  I'd be up for it :D

Needs a date to be set, a location to meet, and a couple of hours of fun (hopefully in the sunshine, but then we do live in the UK!).

How about October 31st (halloween???)?

For the 'Ninebot1's of us it could be interesting to have an evening 'jaunt' with the spinning lights for effect ;)

Seeing as most of us, ahem, seem to be in the mid-century age group, a coffee shop would make a start point?  I'm a long long way away so don't know the area too well, haven't been to Brighton for a good few years actually, so anyone with local knowledge would come in handy?

What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

So can I take it from the lack of replies this is a 'non starter' then?  Looks like 'Billy-no-Mates' is going to be out there again making a fool of himself ;)

Ah well, I tried!  It's looking highly likely I'm down in the Surrey area next weekend too so if anyone wants to arrange anything then I'll be up for it :D

Cheers,

Richard.

• 1 year later...
On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 9:35 PM, Paddylaz said:

I live in Weybridge, Surrey, not south east but hey. I agree, Windsor park would be a great wheeling ground.

New wheel is coming on Tuesday so will be active from then. 

Another area I really want to explore/conquer is Greenwich park, around and including the steep hill up to the Royal Observatory.

I used to live near Greenwich park and also thought about going back there with my Gotway mcm2. I will when I get competent.

I now live in North kent where there is no decent wheeling areas.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 9:20 AM, DangerousDick said:

So can I take it from the lack of replies this is a 'non starter' then?  Looks like 'Billy-no-Mates' is going to be out there again making a fool of himself ;)

Ah well, I tried!  It's looking highly likely I'm down in the Surrey area next weekend too so if anyone wants to arrange anything then I'll be up for it :D

Cheers,

Richard.

Hi Richard. Looks like people are scared of "Dangerous Dick. I am sure next year in the summer your suggestion will work as there will be more wheelers about. Good luck.   Ken.

P.S. I would go but I live in North Kent and I am a learner.

On 06/10/2015 at 2:52 PM, Paddylaz said:

Getting an e+ too.....will need a few days 'refresher' course as I haven't been on an euc in ages now - after which would be great to meet up with you guys.

I'm reading is thread thinking: "Why on earth would Paddy go out and buy a Ninebot E+, his existing wheel is better than that?" 

.....and then realised that this thread dates back nearly 2 years - to before I even had a wheel!

For the record, if this has been shocked back to life, I'm between Kingston and Wimbledon, although, going back to the original thread I'd find Windsor a bit of sod to get to. Greenwich Park would be possible, whether or not riding my wheel up to the observatory is possible though remains to be seen ?.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 9:20 AM, DangerousDick said:

Cheers,

Richard.

Hi Richard. I have just realised that you wrote this two years ago. I hope things have improved and you are getting a better response.

Cheers.   Ken.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Greetings.

Just joined the forum Hi.

Understand thread posted some time ago but for the record I'm based in the New Forest, Southampton. Uk.

Only had my Ninebot E+ 2 days so still climbing the steep learning curve. ATB.

Archived