V10F: enchanted speed-limit at 34 km/h (21 mph)

szaroczek

Hello, friends, I've been consulting the problem of the speed-limit setting in my wheel by the way on some other threads believing it is a simple one that could be solved with a single professional advice of any experienced V10F rider. Unfortunately it turned out not to be. I believe I did everything possible to make my wheel ride 40 km/h (25 mph), still it would never reach this speed; it is stuck at 34 km/h no matter what speed-limit setting above 34 km/h I make. And it always tilt-backs regardless of wind direction (with / against), land-form (up-hill / down-hill), mode of acceleration (mild / dynamic), the weight of my backpack (I myself weigh 87 kg 191 lbs). And:

1. My Inmotion software is updated: "Version:2.2.8 It is the latest version."

2. I always lift my wheel to stop the engine to make the setting work. (Of late I even turn the whole wheel off and then on again, just to be sure.)

3. I tried other apps, like Wheel-log, with the same negative result.

Is there really no cure for this onerous disease...? :unsure:

@szaroczek - afaik inmotion speed limits are directly battery voltage dependend. Did you already check the max battery voltage once "fully" charged?

... Just looked at 

and have seen, that limiting starts between 70-60% ... That would be very low for a full charge...

You got in contact with your reseller/inmotion already? Maybe @Liamfind can help?

Edited by Chriull

@Chriull, thank you for your suggestions.

24 minutes ago, Chriull said:

and have seen, that limiting starts between 70-60% ... That would be very low for a full charge...

My max. speed-limit is 34 km/h regardless of... ANYTHING. It is independent of any ANY other facet, factor or aspect of the wheel performance, including the battery charging level; I might have it fully charged - the speed-limit would always be 34 km/h - NO EXCEPTIONS! It is ALWAYS there at 34 km/h and it never fails! I think there is no sense of finding reasons for this strange limitation other than some the software/setting failure. 

27 minutes ago, Chriull said:

You got in contact with your reseller/inmotion already?

Unfortunately this is a used wheel which is a second-hand purchase... It is an official transaction, however, I got a receipt for this car but the seller sells virtually everything, so I would not expect him to have the slightest idea about the nature of the wheel. Neither I would expect him of having any knowledge of the previous owner who was supposed to originate from France I believe, anyway.

35 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Maybe @Liamfind can help?

Who exactly is this person if you don't mind me asking? Is he like an experienced V10 rider, or maybe someone from Inmotion...?

OK, got it, that's great! So, there is some hope to get help from the guys from Inmotion. By the way, they ask for "SN" to send them in the email describing the problem, which I believe is a vehicle's Serial Number. If so, where I find this SN of my V10F? Is it maybe printed somewhere on the wheel's body, or I should get it somewhere from the Inmotion app? Actually my wheel, when getting connected to the Inmotion app, is being recognized as V10F-D228007C; would it be its SN possibly...?

2 hours ago, szaroczek said:

Found it. ;)

Did you find the serial number in the application or on the sticker that they attach to the wheel? I ask because when I (attempt to) look at the wheel information on the application it crashes after 2-3 seconds.  

I was out riding on local paved paths a few evenings back and got a bit sloppy at high speed. The paths run alongside a creek side filled with mature trees so the pavement has a fair share of ghost bumps from the tree roots. 

Long story short, early in the season I am cruising along a path with known issues near max speed and hit a large ghost bump. The impact launched both feet off of the pedals. As I hit the bump my speed alarm went off. At that point I thought that I was hitting the pavement at 21/22 mph. 

Nope. The wheel kept going and I landed on it with my stomach in my throat, but rode it out. 

My point is that if you want to safely go past 21 mph then a different wheel is required. 

I should mention that I am riding G3 pedals which most likely contributed to the effect of the impact. The pedal choice makes the V10 a much better wheel in my opinion.

@gon2fast, I honestly appreciate sharing your experience which is informative and didactic, indeed, except it does not really fit the merits of this thread. This thread is not about reasoning how fast one should or shouldn't go on a given wheel and why, which topic surely deserves attention and probably a separate thread, but rather how to fix V10F which max. speed is stuck at 21 mph (34 km/h). So, if you have any thought on it, you are very welcome to contribute here.

Edited by szaroczek

2 hours ago, szaroczek said:

speed is stuck at 21 mph (34 km/h). So, if you have any thought on it, you are very welcome to contribute here.

Don't know if the following is still true - but with the firmwares after V10(F) arrived at the market there were two different motor driving characteristics to choose from. Classic and ????. Afair one had/could have probs with reaching max speed? Could be worth a try if this is still the case with the actual firmware/app?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Don't know if the following is still true - but with the firmwares after V10(F) arrived at the market there were two different motor driving characteristics to choose from. Classic and ????. Afair one had/could have probs with reaching max speed? Could be worth a try if this is still the case with the actual firmware/app?

Yes, that would be a good place to start. @szaroczek, are you riding in comfort mode? The classic mode is capped to 35 km/h as I recall while comfort mode allows a theoretical limit of 40 km/h (with full battery, declines pretty rapidly).

(Edit: saw in another thread that that didn't help apparently, no idea then)

Edited by Nils
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 8:34 PM, szaroczek said:

Hello, friends, I've been consulting the problem of the speed-limit setting in my wheel by the way on some other threads believing it is a simple one that could be solved with a single professional advice of any experienced V10F rider. Unfortunately it turned out not to be. I believe I did everything possible to make my wheel ride 40 km/h (25 mph), still it would never reach this speed; it is stuck at 34 km/h no matter what speed-limit setting above 34 km/h I make. And it always tilt-backs regardless of wind direction (with / against), land-form (up-hill / down-hill), mode of acceleration (mild / dynamic), the weight of my backpack (I myself weigh 87 kg 191 lbs). And:

1. My Inmotion software is updated: "Version:2.2.8 It is the latest version."

2. I always lift my wheel to stop the engine to make the setting work. (Of late I even turn the whole wheel off and then on again, just to be sure.)

3. I tried other apps, like Wheel-log, with the same negative result.

Is there really no cure for this onerous disease...? :unsure:

48 minutes ago, Jed said:

Hello every euc lover.l just bought an Inmotion v10f n really enjoy it.1 thing is that the max speed is 25mph but l can speed till 30.9mph,is it something wrong?37BC4AF5-A6F4-4F12-976B-253D86285988.thumb.jpeg.a36cfc90a62b12aa8ce559166fe2f541.jpeg

@Jed connect to wheelog and see if you reach the same sort of numbers, if true, you are one very very very lucky guy 😜

51 minutes ago, Jed said:

Hello every euc lover.l just bought an Inmotion v10f n really enjoy it.1 thing is that the max speed is 25mph but l can speed till 30.9mph,is it something wrong?

Did you lift your wheel (without using the "button")? Then the wheel spins up way over the tiltback limit speed. Same is true if one "looses" the wheel - it can spin up above tiltback ...

And this - with normal driving - never reachable speed is then recorded as max speed in the app!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/24/2019 at 8:05 PM, ED209 said:

@Jed connect to wheelog and see if you reach the same sort of numbers, if true, you are one very very very lucky guy 😜

On 4/24/2019 at 8:10 PM, Chriull said:

Did you lift your wheel (without using the "button")? Then the wheel spins up way over the tiltback limit speed. Same is true if one "looses" the wheel - it can spin up above tiltback ...

And this - with normal driving - never reachable speed is then recorded as max speed in the app!

I lift the wheel and it spin till 34mph

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 5:05 AM, ED209 said:

Mine says the same thing but on the screen to the left there is another reading that is lower so I tend to believe that one since I think it reads the speed locally versus however it makes that number. I also couldn’t get my speed to max out that ride and no alarm went off... so who knows haha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Essperto said:

Które rejony? Ja na Muchoborze Wielkim.

I'm afraid it might not be welcome for us to write in Polish here, so I wrote to you on private message. I didn't get any confirmation it had been successfully sent to you, so just let you know I did. ;)

• Like 1

This screen shot is from a week or so ago - see "Max Speed" in upper right corner.  I weigh 175 and I'm 6' 2" tall.

My speed is limited to 25mph - nothing special happened on this ride except I rode pretty aggressively up to the tilt-back.

IMG_9908 2.PNG

Edited by LZMutant
Bad grammer. Sorry!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...