Kingsong 18xl vs 16x

HenryBraxton

Looking to get an 18xl. As it’s available now and has good reviews. What is the main difference between 18xl and 16x. For the most part I will using this to get to and from work. I leave my house to the bus stop ride the bus 20 miles then 1 mile to work. I will be using this for fun on weekends too.

9 minutes ago, HenryBraxton said:

Looking to get an 18xl. As it’s available now and has good reviews. What is the main difference between 18xl and 16x. For the most part I will using this to get to and from work. I leave my house to the bus stop ride the bus 20 miles then 1 mile to work. I will be using this for fun on weekends too.

From the specs it seems just to be the wheel diameter (16 vs. 18 inch), the overall wheel size , weight and range. In detail one will know once they 16x are delivered...  

1 hour ago, HenryBraxton said:

Well if you have to ride the bus for the most part and just need it for a mile, then I would suggest smaller wheel, Maybe KS 14D or S. When I take the bus it is a lot easier to carry the smaller wheel. Also, I don't know about your location, but here in Minnesota some bus drivers have problem with Uni cycle, and they dont let you bring it on, so smaller is better. I own 14D and have been using the bus off and on. If you plan to do long rides over the weekend then sure get 16 or 18. 

I am getting 18, part of the reason is that I will do all 20 miles on the wheel each way to work and not take the bus, but I love 14D for short commutes. 

2 hours ago, HenryBraxton said:

The main difference? Size. Nobody has the 16X yet, so there's much conjecture. But if my primary requirement was bus friendliness (lifting, jostling within the bus, etc.) then I'd get the small wheel. For me, I'd go with a 14-inch wheel. 

Lifting a large 20kg wheel on and off the bus twice a day would not be very fun at all!

If you are not going far get a small wheel.  IPS I5 isn't the best but it's certainly the lightest, around 7kg, about half of everything else.  I use mine all the time, but I don't go fast or "far",  Thinking about the 16X for fun and for off road stuff.

One thing to consider is your weight, plus the weight of a helmet and protective clothing, and whatever you need to bring with you on the commute. Depending on the rider weight total, that could possibly limit your choice of wheels. Or if a small wheel would work for you, you could get one, learn to ride and then get a stronger (and heavier) wheel for having fun on the weekends. There's no rule you can have only one wheel... ;)

For example, at 150 pounds, you can ride anything, and a V5f would be a super-light, super portable option. If you weigh 200 pounds, then the V5f and KS-14D are probably out and you will want to scale up the wheel a bit to a KS-14S, MCM5, V8, etc...

On 4/18/2019 at 4:59 PM, HenryBraxton said:

Looking to get an 18xl. As it’s available now and has good reviews. What is the main difference between 18xl and 16x. For the most part I will using this to get to and from work. I leave my house to the bus stop ride the bus 20 miles then 1 mile to work. I will be using this for fun on weekends too.https://solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ https://bluestacks.vip/

my issue has been solved!

Archived