Where to get an euc for a deal.. safely!

Hey peeps.  So I currently ride a solowheel glide 3.  I’ve had it for about a month.   I love it. It is so much fun. But unfortunately I am a big guy 6’3” and about 200 lbs.. and I like to ride kinda hard.   I love trails and whatnot and going fast on streets to go to work.  So I have very quickly outgrown my sg3.  It just can’t do what I want or need it to do anymore    So I am scouring the internet trying to decide what wheel is best for me and I have a 1500$ limit right now.  If I had the money I would get the ks18xl but I can’t. So I’ve been trying to decide what to do . Should I get the Tesla , or the ks16s, or the inmotion v10.     So I found a website  free motion shop.com and the have the v10f for 1500 and free shipping     Has anyone bought from this website or known anyone that has. ?? I can’t afford to get scammed and I don’t know how they could offer a 1900$ wheel for 1500$  but if it’s legit   I am leaving towards the v10f because I love my v8 I just need more power strength and range .  Any suggestions ?  Should I stick with the best, tried and true e wheels . Com   Or is free motion shop a legit enterprise justperhaps without the warrantee or whatever     I’m just trying to upgrade  and there’s no euc stores anywhere around here so there’s no help.. thanks for any info :) 

Well, I can't speak to the legitimacy of freemotionshop.com, but based on which wheels you say you're considering I feel like your choice should be between the Tesla and the V10f. Personally I think that unless you need the (reportedly) nigh-indestructible shell of the KS16s, the higher top speeds, power and larger batteries of the other two choices should knock it out of the running. That said, between the V10f and the Tesla, I feel like it all comes down to the pedals: do you want larger pedals that are higher up for sharper turns? If that is really important, then the V10f is the winner. If you want the best performance from your 3 choices, then go with the Tesla. I have not commonly heard any complaints about the Tesla's pedals scraping, and almost all of the Tesla owners I have spoken to seem thrilled with the wheel in general. 

Now, all that aside, I understand brand loyalty. It hums along in my blood and was fed to me with my mother's milk :efee612b4b:.   If you're anything like me and the rest of the world, then the pull towards a brand you are familiar with and like is going to be super strong. So I would say that if you are feeling like a V10f would make you happy, then go for the gusto and click that buy button! Freemotionshop.com seems to accept PayPal, so if something happens and you don't get your wheel or something (god forbid) then you're protected and PayPal will give you your money right back and go after them like a pack of jackals in your stead!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Hey peeps.  So I currently ride a solowheel glide 3.  I’ve had it for about a month.   I love it. It is so much fun. But unfortunately I am a big guy 6’3” and about 200 lbs.. and I like to ride kinda hard.   I love trails and whatnot and going fast on streets to go to work.  So I have very quickly outgrown my sg3.  It just can’t do what I want or need it to do anymore    So I am scouring the internet trying to decide what wheel is best for me and I have a 1500$ limit right now.  If I had the money I would get the ks18xl but I can’t. So I’ve been trying to decide what to do . Should I get the Tesla , or the ks16s, or the inmotion v10.     So I found a website  free motion shop.com and the have the v10f for 1500 and free shipping     Has anyone bought from this website or known anyone that has. ?? I can’t afford to get scammed and I don’t know how they could offer a 1900$ wheel for 1500$  but if it’s legit   I am leaving towards the v10f because I love my v8 I just need more power strength and range .  Any suggestions ?  Should I stick with the best, tried and true e wheels . Com   Or is free motion shop a legit enterprise justperhaps without the warrantee or whatever     I’m just trying to upgrade  and there’s no euc stores anywhere around here so there’s no help.. thanks for any info :) 

There is an ACM 1600wh for sale in the private section.   With the upgrades on that wheel, it'll blow away either the Tesla or V10.   Great speed, excellent range and the maneuverability of a 16" wheel.   I rode Marty's ACM2 and was in love.   If I didn't have a deposit and my eye on the 16X then it would have already been mine.

I got one V10f for $1250 with a protective cover from Jacopo off this thread:

I've had it for a couple weeks now and haven't had any issues. It took less than 7 days to get it from China too (I'm in California)! My friend has ordered another one from him that hasn't come yet but I can vouch for this guy. He also has a Aliexpress account that has good feedback if you look up his email address. 

10 hours ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

I am leaving towards the v10f

There were some "problems" with the V10f with overheating in the beginning? For people with a bit more weight going up inclines - afair the V10F perfomed a bit under par? Don't know how "grave" this was and if this is resolved by now?

Regarding Tesla there is just a topic with the different versions and improvements of the actual ones:

To comfortably search this site one can use the google "construct":

site:forum.electricunicycle.org freemotion

7 hours ago, Chriull said:

There were some "problems" with the V10f with overheating in the beginning? For people with a bit more weight going up inclines - afair the V10F perfomed a bit under par? Don't know how "grave" this was and if this is resolved by now?

From what I read before ordering the V10f, this has been fixed now in the newer versions as well as it cutting off going uphills. There was also a waterproofing problem that has been fixed in the newer wheels. I weigh 175lbs and so far I haven't had any problems. I rode it 8 miles going up to 2500 ft elevation and everything was good.

• Upvote 2

THis was awesome.  Great info guys.  I was wondering about the v10f issues.  It looks like an amazing wheel but I watched several YouTube videos that made it look pretty lame. Like it overheats, overpowers, and won’t go up hills . Also the waterproofing.. so I am glad to hear some positive feedback because I love my inmotion v8 and I would love to stick with the brand and get his big brother.