Los Angeles 4/20 Group ride/Woodley Park party

Rama Douglas

Sorry for the short notice but I just noticed that there is a big Woodley Park party on this Saturday 4/20! That means big time fun! Plus, the ride itself is very enjoyable. We'll meet at 11:30am and start the ride at noon from North Hollywood park by Magnolia near the 170 freeway. (I'll ping it later today) The ride is on mostly bike paths, with some bike lanes on streets and even a bit of off-road with a BMX style pump track I found out there. Truly a fun fun ride! We'll probably arrive at the park around 2 and dance it up until 5pm or beyond and then head back to Noho by 7ish...Bring a packed lunch or snacks as we'll not be hitting any restaurants on this one... It's about 9 miles each way, and possibly up to around 10 to 15 miles of fun trails and off-road at the park complex so any wheel capable of say 35 miles is welcome! Heck, any lesser range wheel also welcome! Just be prepared to Uber back...Please RSVP here...Cheers!

•  
Here's an idea of the route...

12 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

@Marty Backe Dude, you kinda need to go to this and rock the cape!!! 

Maybe. Not sure. The thing is, I'm really not into the whole "dance it up until 5pm" thing. I'm also more into morning or afternoon rides now, trying to avoid the midday Sun and heat.

32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Maybe. Not sure. The thing is, I'm really not into the whole "dance it up until 5pm" thing. I'm also more into morning or afternoon rides now, trying to avoid the midday Sun and heat.

Well it looks to be a beautifully mild day on Saturday: mostly cloudy and a high of 73. Plenty of trails to ride there around the park if busting a move with your cape on the dance floor doesn't strike your fancy. Although, footage of you in that cape busting a move on 420 would probably get all kinds of YouTube hits. :cheers: 

Well, that was fun. And funny! In true 420 fashion, the party at the park we rode out to join up with was shut down. Austin and I tore it up out there on the trails, and the one wheelers went to charge up at a Starbucks, never to be seen again. 😂 

IMG_20190420_121351664.jpg

1 hour ago, Rama Douglas said:

Well, that was fun. And funny! In true 420 fashion, the party at the park we rode out to join up with was shut down. Austin and I tore it up out there on the trails, and the one wheelers went to charge up at a Starbucks, never to be seen again. 😂 

IMG_20190420_121351664.jpg

I thought you setup an EUC group ride, not a Onewheel ride :laughbounce2:

Who's the new guy? Is he on the Forum by chance? 

2 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

I knew it was short notice so I shared to one wheelers page and Boosted page. One wheelers sure came outta the woodwork! Guy named Austin. He commented above. He had a super new KS16S...

Ah, OK. You didn't link to his name (@Austin) so I though he was from outside the Forum.

Looks like you guys had a great time - I saw the video that you posted on Facebook.

Archived