Faceplant - KS14s - apprx. just below 20 kph.

Barring rider error, my money'd be either on loose connection somewhere, bad capacitor (if you dare to try the wheel now, if the acceleration seems sluggish or torque seems lower than before, it's probably a bad cap) or faulty battery. Unfortunately, that covers basically both the mainboard and batteries as possible culprits, so it doesn't really help much :P 

I'm sure 1RadWerkstatt will find out pretty fast if it's a hardware problem.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, walsus said:

What was the ambient temperature?

How old is the wheel?

Do you do a lot of offroading on this wheel?

Besides weight that has already been mentioned, these were the first things that I thought of.

Ambient temp apprx. 15 deg C its ok for the battery 

wheel 1year less than 700km.

off Road, basic commute and zoo aroind town :-)

1 hour ago, mkosterlund said:

Ambient temp apprx. 15 deg C its ok for the battery 

wheel 1year less than 700km.

off Road, basic commute and zoo aroind town :-)

I was asking because most things that are going to fail do it in the first month or two, but if you had it for a year it must be something else.

Lots of off road and jumps seems to cause problems for some people because of all the vibrations on the electronics, but you never know how much off road people do and how aggressive they ride, so this may not apply in your case.

On the other hand things do fail, the chances are small, but it happens.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 12:13 AM, mkosterlund said:

Update,

My KS14s was checked, battery was in good condition and no faults, loose connections or similar was found.

I decided to sell the KS14s to 1rad, and upgraded to a KS18XL

Im happy with the service I got and a fair price on both wheels.

Had my first ride on the XL today, nice to be back on a wheel after 9 ish weeks without one.

How did you find the transaction from KS14S to KS18XL? As it is a fair increase in rim size and tyre with and weight too. 

3 hours ago, Azze80 said:

Special shout out to @Mike Sacristan , @US69, @Unventor and of course the rest in our group...

I have learned so much since then...  

I have yet the v10F and the 18xl( @US69 don’t ask why the XL 😂) to try out. If one of them feels better than the Tesla, I’d buy it. Hopefully I’ll purchase it next week.

Since you asked about my KS18L battery vs range. 

Today I went for a little ride (aka in Sweden "en lite sväng") with some adhoc let's go there the. 

First stop, ordering an exercise cycle to strengthen my knees on. Then on my way home..

20190523_115522.thumb.jpg.a222898d245f031ad414520bb518ab1e.jpg

(picture from another day) coffee would be great... 

(old recording from last summer, show some of the rider) 

Going back home... felt too early so I went to Central park/forrest in Gothenburg and had softice. 

1080_7f9aa29c-4cf9-469c-9536-97b3e26fdde

Then I headed home 😁

https://euc.world/tour/576750548384241

Started with 84% battery at the end about 34% capacity left. 

I am 176cm tall and weight 81kg plus about 8kg of safety gear, no backpack today. Weather sunny with very light overcast very little wind. 25ish Celsius. 

(old picture too but looked like this too, was here today too, on my way home from sports shop) 

1080_afc857a8-628d-4ab0-b750-fc7d1fb85f7

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 8:43 AM, mkosterlund said:

A few days ago I had this annoying experience. There's not much data - Darknessbot wasn't connected.

Going for a quick snack run to the local store - or so I thought.
Wearing regular jeans, jacket, wrist + knee guards and non-fullface helmet.

On my KS14s voice prompts are enabled, beep alarm at 29 kph. Battery was somewhere between 60 and 70 pct - It's a 680 Wh configuration.
I had no alarms, prompts or tiltback. My best guess is speed was just below 20 kph.

Suddenly there was a full forward drop of pedals, I managed to raise my arms and turn my head (by instinct only) - hit the ground instantaneously.
Knee and wrist guards made me slide between one and two meters.

Impact on wrist + knee guards, Left hip and left elbow. Fortunately helmet / head / face did not hit the ground.
In short - I'm ok - Noted, Elbow impact does indeed go through to the shoulder.

The wheel rotated / bumped around the Y axis and landed in a bush.
On wheel pickup It was powered on and seemed functioning.
I rode the wheel home, slowly for about 1 km.

So what happened?, I guess I will never know for sure. There was a small pothole, I'm not certain I hit it.

I recently added new XL pedals to the wheel, new scrapes are identifiable on the pedals fronts, more on the left - matched the side where I'm most bruised - and consistent with my observation of pedal forward drop.

It's been three days now and I have come to the following decision,

1. KS14s will go to service / maintenance to make sure it's internally visually ok - had it going in for a battery checkup under warranty anyways.
I will not ride the wheel until this is done.

2. I will add elbow protection to my current gear.

3. I will add a jacket with D30 shoulder protection or similar and a full face helmet, before I upgrade to a larger wheel.
 - This decision was actually already made. I will not upgrade before the 16X has been released I think :-) - considering 16X or TEsla or 18XL atm.

Below you will find pictures of,
Wheel pedals,
Clothes
Me / Scrapes

In short gear up, keep riding - and take care.

bukser-og-jakke.JPG

ks14s-pedals.JPG

scrapes.JPG

Hey,

I started a thread for crashes, would you mind copying and pasting this into it? It’s in this same category.

hope you are all well now