Inmotion V10f vs Gotway Tesla

JamakinJoel

I own a V10F and have tested the Tesla once. I would still choose V10F because of the fatter tire, better quality and excellen ride settings. The main reason for choosing Tesla would be less aggressive speed throttle on lower battery and higher top speed. 

I did not like the ergonomics of the Tesla but that is a matter of taste. But the bigger and higher pedals on the V10F are generally liked by everyone. The trolley handle looks better on the Tesla but in practice is not as robust. I think Tesla is a great choice still. One of the best and good value. I think you can get it for a lot less than V10F. And if speed is important then Tesla is the way to go. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’d go with the V10F, as I’m into bigger tires and pedals. Also the Tesla is shaped like a box, so it’s not very comfortable at the low shin contact point. 

I’d imagine the issues above would be less disturbing for a shorter person.

Edit: Oh yes, the ride settings on the V10F are probably the most versatile, and completely change the nature of the wheel. All three ride settings on the MSX have the same initial response, I’d imagine it’s the same with the Tesla.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Meelosh123 said:

Doesn't the V10F start beeping at you and tilting back at 25mph?  Tesla can do 25mph without complaints, and can go faster.

The beeping can be shut off but yes, it is restricted to 25 mph / 40 km/h (45 km/h using DarknessBot). But it’s not always about top speed for everyone. There are other qualities also. 

Ultimately I would always recommend to go for even bigger battery than those wheels. 

• Like 1

V10F just for better Off Roading ability and bigger tyre 

Admittedly the rubber covered pedals can be a pain as you feet can bonce about while trail riding ,but the Tesla looks like a Tarmac wheel

• Like 2

I have owned Both,  travelling at speed is easier on the V10F, the large Tire wall gives you more confidence, than on the Tesla.For comfort, power & quality,  I would choose the V10f.

Edited by ED209
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Meelosh123 said:

Doesn't the V10F start beeping at you and tilting back at 25mph?  Tesla can do 25mph without complaints, and can go faster.

I haven't tried it yet but I've read you can get the V10f up to 28 mph with the darkness bot app.

6 minutes ago, rinzler said:

I'm sure i couldn't find the v10f under US$1500 though.

Yes, they're quite higher-priced. There was a Gearbest deal where you could get a V10 for 720€:w00t2:, but the V10F was never available for cheap as far as I know. 1500€ here in Europe. Won't beat your <1000£ Tesla.

Truth is, they're both great wheels. You've got the higher speed, the V10F is more comfortable.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rinzler said:

Wow. Quite the one-sided show! I'm getting Tesla regret! It's not even left the warehouse yet. 

I didn't take into consideration the v10f has a wider tire.  

I said this in another thread talking about deals:

I got one V10f for $1250 with a protective cover from Jacopo off this thread:

I've had it for a couple weeks now and haven't had any issues. It took less than 7 days to get it from China too (I'm in California)! My friend has ordered another one from him that hasn't come yet but I can vouch for this guy. He also has a Aliexpress account that has good feedback if you look up his email address. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rinzler said:

Wow. Quite the one-sided show! I'm getting Tesla regret! It's not even left the warehouse yet. 

I didn't take into consideration the v10f has a wider tire.  

I wouldn’t regret it. The Inmotion has a substantially lower speed, and it’s going to start throttling you to even slower speeds once the battery drops a little bit. According to the forum, it seems to have had a lot of issues. Overheating, not enough power up hills, not enough torque, water leaking in. Just saying, I was trying to make up my mind regarding the same exact decision exactly one year ago. Having the most silent motor was also important to me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Meelosh123 said:

I wouldn’t regret it. The Inmotion has a substantially lower speed, and it’s going to start throttling you to even slower speeds once the battery drops a little bit. According to the forum, it seems to have had a lot of issues. Overheating, not enough power up hills, not enough torque, water leaking in. Just saying, I was trying to make up my mind regarding the same exact decision exactly one year ago. Having the most silent motor was also important to me.

Thanks.  I guess to paraphrase @Marty Backe it really is wonderful time to be alive (in euc land) whereby either options are a great choice.

I was looking at an excel of euc specs from another member on here and note that there seems to be a two year release cycle. That made  think about not going with the Tesla since the v10f is a year younger and 2019 would be the next iteration year in the gotway time schedule (i assume this has manifested as the Nikola). 

I'm sure I'll be happy. Either way there are always pros and cons of either model. Still you got to just jump in at some point. I just hope the tesla water is good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rinzler said:

Nikola is a separate model, as the Tesla 2 just came out. Or is coming, not sure. But can already be ordered for a hefty premium.

I'm sure I'll be happy. Either way there are always pros and cons of either model. Still you got to just jump in at some point. I just hope the tesla water is good.

You are exactly right, on all accounts. I’m pretty sure you’ll be very happy with your’s!