monocle

Melbourne - Australia

Cool. For my Merri Creek to Fed Square ride idea I was going to get there and back by train from McKinnon station on the Franga line. If you came too, we could meet on the train if we timed it right!

Lovely part of the world, Red Hill. Have you tried going down and up the rail trail to Merricks?

Yep - did the Red Hill rail trail - pretty rough - too many tree roots etc. Did Koonwarra to Foster on the rail trail - perfect - close on 30km/hr all the way.

When did you plan on the Merri Creek to Fed Square  run?

Cool!

i have to get my proper wheel first and knock the noob off it. Hopefully in a couple of weeks!

Do a loop

what models you all riding?

this was my ride today 60km

The wind was brutal though, the seat is worth its weight in gold riding into a 40km/h headwind

7DB065E6-4619-41CA-9AD0-B37F742839C4.png

Steady on Trev. Let’s just get the Melbourne EUC riders together and have some fun. No need to turn it into a marathon just yet.

I’ll be on a 16X but will be an extreme noob. I’ll probably still be under the 200km speed restriction.

other forum members that we might be able to rope in are:

@Dick V on a MSv3 880

@Gwila on a 18L

@Daley1 on a 16S

@ZenGlide on a MSX 84V or a 16X

@skip2euc on a V5F

@Alaeddin on a 18XL

Correct me if I’m wrong here guys!

@Trevor Phillips I done Strathmore to CBD today on the same trail :)

18L might struggle to do 60km with me on it ;)

I,m up for a ride but cant put in the speed or distance of the larger or newer wheels.Some of the newbies will need an easy paved surface to ride and reduced distance and probably need a carpark for us drivers to meet.Lets kick it around for ideas! I rode today and was getting 80kmh sideways gust.Terrifying:cry2:

4 hours ago, Mortal Coil said:

For the proposed Merri Creek to Fed Square route: 30km

Ok - I can do that. Sorry Trev - my wheel runs out of petrol at about the 40 km mark.  I can see an msx is becoming a must have!

I’ll sell you mine so I can buy the Msuper Pro LOL

as much as I really want it I also don’t, goes too fast and I’ll test it out, I’ve had my MSX up to 55km/h while seated and that’s with tilt back still on, too scared to turn it off

1 hour ago, Trevor Phillips said:

I’ll sell you mine so I can buy the Msuper Pro LOL

as much as I really want it I also don’t, goes too fast and I’ll test it out, I’ve had my MSX up to 55km/h while seated and that’s with tilt back still on, too scared to turn it off

Hi Trev - the speakers are enough to turn me off the max pro.  I would like more distance - but I think 30 k/hr is enough for me.- I have no wish to turn my (ugly) face into a smear.

What about a loop ride back to our cars???,I,m driving!

Ive also got an Mten3 

pop it in the back pack and when you wheel goes flat you can ride it in the return leg

its tiring riding it long distances though

Holy crap, hey guys! Definitely keen for a group ride! My latest acquisition is a 100v Monster. :D I'm down for a northside or city ride, for sure!

e-riderz emailed me yesterday. The 16X is back in stock. I’m only a week away from having a real EUC!! :clap3:

If @Daley1comes up from Geelong, we should return the favour on the following ride. Maybe the Bellarine rail trail?

Rail trail an excellent ride down to Queenscliff,lunch on the waterfront and back again .Start in Curlewis and about a 35k ride round trip.

Count me in as a maybe.

I'm impressed by some of these long rides! My max distance is probably from West Melb to Coburg and back, which I do most weekends.

Also, I tracked down what I think is the current Victorian legal code that specifies road rules for vehicles and as near as I can tell, every rule makes reference to a specific number of wheels, or at least a range. And nothing makes reference to a vehicle with only one wheel.  IANAL, but my hopes are up that there is enough of a loophole there to be useful to us.

There is on vicroads website

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/a-to-z-of-road-rules/hoverboards-segways-and-other-motorised-devices

there’s no gray area euc’s are illegal

ride off the roads and respectfully and the risk of attention and fines are greatly reduced, I’ve seen the police many times rolling around slowly kitted up and haven’t had an issue

but I haven’t come across an angry HWP yet as I’ve heard they are the ones to look out for

Edited by Trevor Phillips

Could definitely do March 1st. 

Don’t worry about the police, as long as your not being a dickhead they don’t care.

I ride daily in the city and see police regularly and they don’t say anything. 
I also see heaps of ‘illegal’ other electric bikes,scooters, one wheels & skateboards. 

Edited by Gwila

It doesn’t have to be a marathon, we’ll tailor the ride to the shortest ranged wheel.