Rockwheel Pedals

Rywokast

Just got my GT16 a short while ago and its fantastic, im loving it.. but im just wondering if anybody knows of any kind of larger pedal, or pedal extension for it? im not sure what four year old they modeled the pedals after but compared to the other wheels im used to riding and especially the new KS XL pedals they are laughably small and my size 12 feet cramp up like crazy after about an hour straight riding... or would it be at all possible to fit a gotway or inmotion pedal on there?

Edited by Rywokast

In my understanding the GT16 pedal attachment system is slightly unique, so other pedals may not fit.

What I and a few other bigfoots have done is to attach a large plate on top of the original pedal. I looked up the nearest metal shop, and they found a good size 5mm thick aluminium plate that they gave me for free. Saw’d to shape, screwed in to the original screw positions, and glued waterproof 40 grit sanding sheets on top.

Best pedals ever made! I don’t even remember what the pedal-induced foot pain felt like. But I do remember that it was a huge issue for me, limiting my trip distances by half.

39 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

In my understanding the GT16 pedal attachment system is slightly unique, so other pedals may not fit.

What I and a few other bigfoots have done is to attach a large plate on top of the original pedal. I looked up the nearest metal shop, and they found a good size 5mm thick aluminium plate that they gave me for free. Saw’d to shape, screwed in to the original screw positions, and glued waterproof 40 grit sanding sheets on top.

Best pedals ever made! I don’t even remember what the pedal-induced foot pain felt like. But I do remember that it was a huge issue for me, limiting my trip distances by half.

yea theyre quite awkward.. i would love to be able to take a pedal in somewhere and have them make one that goes inside of the grooves like the rubber piece does.. just a hell of a lot bigger xD i might have to just try one of my inmotion pedals and if that doesnt work perhaps ill see about something custom

• 2 months later...

I just got mine recently too. They came with Gotway pedals on them, installed by the previous owner. They need to be shimmed (mine had a metal shim epoxied onto the pedal block) to fit though, so you can't simply swap them back to the original GT16 pedals after. They feel very nice and wide, but they scrape against the shell and getting them to stay folded while I'm pushing it around by the trolley handle is annoying (they sort of flop open to 30 degrees).

350609d2-31c5-41fc-9eea-383d9c6fe274.jpeg

Update: turns out the Gotway pedals had magnets in them, so I stuck a pair of neodynium magnets onto the case with gorilla tape. Works really well.

IMG_20190703_163438.thumb.jpg.0dbdbc7456aec53ac83459a8626cdf4c.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 10:39 AM, hyperair said:

Update: turns out the Gotway pedals had magnets in them, so I stuck a pair of neodynium magnets onto the case with gorilla tape. Works really well.

IMG_20190703_163438.thumb.jpg.0dbdbc7456aec53ac83459a8626cdf4c.jpg

Open the lid and put the magnet in the inner side if the battery allows it (or maybe a thinner magnet)

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2019 at 9:57 PM, Inductores said:

Open the lid and put the magnet in the inner side if the battery allows it (or maybe a thinner magnet)

Nah, actually I quite like it like this. In the default configuration, the pedal scrapes against the case and leaves a lot of grit and sand on it when folded. The magnets in this setup keep the pedal from hitting the case so that no longer happens.

Also I used two magnets on each side because one wasn't strong enough.