King Song 800 watt Delivery

Casey

Forget the pads and helmets? forget the strap, pads and helmet.  Turn into the direction you are leaning/falling.  The gyros and speed, even a little, will do the rest.  Rode for 15 minutes straight once.  You will get it.

Hey, Casey, good to hear you having a great time- you deserve it! I already broke over 13 bones over the years, so the protective gear stays until I am steady and good at it, but I know what you mean. I just have to swallow my pride until I get to that point. But, I have zero road rash on my hands, knee's and elbows after that slam, so it was worth it, pride be damned. But hey, once I am steady with it- I shed it all but the gloves. I like the gloves and play guitar and want my hands protected- so the gloves are forever.  :-)

Got mine in finally. It does make me sad though that out of those many orders I am the only one from the big ass state of Texas. I need people to ride with!

Once they see you riding it, you will have some who will ask you were you got it, and then become a fellow rider. :-)

Bobby,

Nice to hear that you are progressing.  I had a great ride this evening in the rain.  I only fell once.  It turns out that turning at speed on wet polished concrete can cause the wheel to slip out from underneath you.  Only hurt my pride.  One thing I learned tonight is to keep my feet out near the edge of the peddles and turn the foot outward on the side you want to turn towards.  Now, my legs only touch the wheel when I am mounting and when I am turning.  Keep at it.

Me too!!!  If you think it's bad in Texas imagine how it is in Oklahoma  (where I live).  

So does this mean you now have a Firewheel, a Msuper and a King Song? Or have you sold any of them?

Yes I now have those three along with an Airwheel X8. There's also a Ninebot One E+ in my house but that is my buddys. Part of the reason why I have so many (along with me being addicted) is that I really want others to ride with me which include 3 friends I know but who currently do not have funds any time soon to get their own EUC.

Thanks for the reply. No, I learned about those from a friend. I am a lead guitarist and really want my hands protected as much as possible, and I couldn't find a good, form fitting glove that was flexible and yet very tough. I found them at a place called Dick's Sporting Goods. As far as the strap goes- I didn't use it at 1st, but when "Little Darth" started getting marked up, I decided to try it so I could "catch" it before it hit the ground. I didn't think it would work, but it never hit the ground again when I used it.

I plan on getting rid of the strap and all the gear after knowing I have it down pat- all except the gloves- those are staying on for my music career's sake. But yeah, the strap will go like you say, as soon as I make decent progress. Thanks again. I added a photo of the gloves. The bottom of the palms are hard rubber/plastic material as well as on top of the knuckles and fingers, etc. Comfortable, flexible and tough. 

pDSP1-14388534dt.jpg

Yeah I can understand you being a guitar player for you to protect your hands. I have motorcycle gloves that I wear that have a nice stiff plastic covering over the knuckles. I'm a musician too and do live production for bands. The electric unicycle has been really practical on my gigs. If I'm going to a gig somewhere crowded or parking the production trailer somewhere, I can afford to park many blocks or even miles away from the gig if I have to since I can simply ride my EUC back and forth to the venue in no time. And having my hands free allows me to carry my gig bag and other stuff back to the venue.

Yes I now have those three along with an Airwheel X8. There's also a Ninebot One E+ in my house but that is my buddys. Part of the reason why I have so many (along with me being addicted) is that I really want others to ride with me which include 3 friends I know but who currently do not have funds any time soon to get their own EUC.

Awesome!  I have a Ninebot One E+ as well.  If I ever plan to be in San Antonio I will check and see if I can join you for a ride.  I do have a relative in San Antonio.  If you are ever near Tulsa, Oklahoma let me know and I could show you the trails that I ride on.  You may have seen me post this but I am wanting to get a faster EU.  Right now I am considering the GotWay MSuper or a King Song 16" (which isn't out yet).  But I will have to sell my Ninebot (not necessarily beforehand though).

Hey, Casey, good to hear you having a great time- you deserve it! I already broke over 13 bones over the years, so the protective gear stays until I am steady and good at it, but I know what you mean. I just have to swallow my pride until I get to that point. But, I have zero road rash on my hands, knee's and elbows after that slam, so it was worth it, pride be damned. But hey, once I am steady with it- I shed it all but the gloves. I like the gloves and play guitar and want my hands protected- so the gloves are forever.  :-)

Gloves won't prevent your wrist(s) from breaking when you catch your fall with your hands. Consider heavy-duty wrist guards instead.

Gloves won't prevent your wrist(s) from breaking when you catch your fall with your hands. Consider heavy-duty wrist guards instead.

This. I once had an old pair of inline skate wrist guards really THICK. So thick they were uncomfortable. I'd venture to say they were bullet proof. I was considering just ditching them for a lighter pair when I took a spill while skating. Used my wrists to brake the fall and I felt it through the wrist into my fore arms... That was the first time I'd fallen so hard I felt it through the pads.  Since then I will almost always use wrist guards as  a minimum.. 

Well, neither will knee pads or elbow pads prevent those bones from breaking, but I like the wrist guard idea and think I'll look in to it. Thanks.

This. Had a fall the other day, and hurt my left wrist. Didn't need looking at a by a doctor, but I expect it to take weeks to heal, which will be super annoying. This was also going at very low speeds, so it could have been worse.

• 2 weeks later...

@KaleOsaurusRex  I'm still looking for my next Wheel, and the KS-18a is on the list.  Went to your web page and couldn't find a "contact info"  Tried to PM you here it says "cant receive e-mail"  Please explain.. I have shipping questions .  Thank you

OK, like a Dumb ass, I didn't go all the way to bottom...:o   Sorry

Archived