King Song 800 watt Delivery

Casey

Have you received a tracking number yet? I know the first batch or so of K800 orders received shipping tracking numbers (mine shows a scheduled delivery this Wednesday via Fedex)

@zentype @Casey @breathsavers

So, here's what's happening:

The first big wave of orders is still stuck in customs, but based on an email I got from King Song last night we expect it to be released today or tomorrow (fingers crossed!). I will keep this thread updated, and respond to any email queries as I receive them.

All new orders appear to be taking a different route, and seem to be moving very smoothly with quicker updates of the tracking information on FedEx.

So, unfortunately, a bunch of the first orders that were made may be arriving after some of the people who ordered later on D: But there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Same here. After the pope left the Philadelphia area, my empty Fedex tracking # showed some life this evening. I have been waiting for 40 days due to shipping issues, US customs and then- the pope visiting near where I live. If anybody is going to feel like it's Christmas morning when this thing finally arrives, it will be me, that's for sure. I'm glad Will stayed in touch during this wait and tried to explain what was happening during this wait. I can't wait to post about something else now- like what's it like to ride it.

I'm glad to see that the KS 14 800s are now making their way to those who ordered in the first batch. Just a series of unfortunate events, (or in some cases good events firmware and feature upgrades) that delayed things quite a bit.

I have waited ....but not nearly as long as @BobbyDee and @Casey So hats off to you guys for your patience. :beer:  I echo what's been already said here, I'm sure when it arrives, it will be well worth the wait.

Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow. Hope so, because.... there is a tropical storm/possible hurricane, tropical storm Joaquin, brewing and might be heading for the USA's east coast where I live starting around Friday, which could cause more delays if the wheel don't get here before then. I just had to laugh today when I said to myself "The worst is over, what else could possibly happen?" It's like a bad luck/ comedy show for whatever reason. But I have faith it will get here tomorrow and I will be in here asking questions about riding and getting sore shins and happy things like that.  I am glad that the "waiters club" (Casey, Zentype, myself and all on that list) are about ready to ride. It will be that much sweeter.

On a side note, I am amazed that I only went temporarily insane once during the wait! :rolleyes:  Ok, maybe twice....

Anyone know what we have to do with the wheel when we get it?  Pump up tire, adjust settings, charge to full? I took a roll of Gaffer's tape to the office, where I am expecting to receive mine tomorrow. I know that I am going to tape it up a bit to prevent learning scratches.  Wondering what else I need to do before first test ride down the hall.

In general from what I've read about Lithium battery care, the initial charge is pretty important. So I would resist the urge to just ride out of the box if you can help it. Charge it up to full first. And while on the subject of battery care, avoid draining to empty often. Creates more wear on the cells. Better to do top off charges than drain and charge to full.

Tire pressure is usually better to ride on the softer side until you get familiar with it (~40 max) As people have mentioned inflating to 50 psi almost seems like learning to ride again -- at least for people who are still not quite proficient. I myself haven't been able to go to 50psi on my 9b1 because the tire refuses to spin at that pressure... Tight clearances and some *ahem* learning bumps might be the cause of that

Casey, that's so cool! I feel the same way. I almost have the mounting issue resolved. Been practicing in a long hallway and now I am taking it out at night to really try it out. I am going to use a deserted parking lot and safety gear. I have to get the "no hands" mounting down asap. Then it's off to the races. I made home made pads for my ankle bones and don't feel a thing while learning. I cut and tied styrofoam slats to my inside ankles- works like a charm. 

So I used a helmet (I wasn't going to), NFL defensive lineman hardened gloves, knee pads, lacrosse elbow pads and those home made ankle bone protectors. After messing around in my hallway, I went to the river near me and found an empty parking lot near a power plant. I used my truck to lean on most of the time to get a start- I can't quite get the "hop on" thing yet. Very close, but no cigar. I didn't do as well as I thought I would- the longest attempt was only about 30 feet. My uni took a little beating as I didn't use the strap at 1st. I used the strap after awhile and learned how to get comfortable with it. Man, that does save the uni from damage. My uni is ok, just some character marks on it, which I like.

I was able to hop off when I was about to fall, except one time. That one time was a seriously hard slam to the concrete, because when I went to hop off before the crash, the sole on the sneakers I was wearing wouldn't let go of the grid shape on the uni pedal. I landed on my lower back, where I had no protection. But my hands, knees and elbows were ok when they hit. My head, for some reason, never hit the ground. I have to change what shoes I am going to wear. I thought I wanted grip, but now I don't want TOO much- I want to be able to bail if I have to.

On a side note, the pedals feel tiny to me right now and very uncomfortable, but maybe that "feel" changes once I can balance myself better. I also was surprised how much of a work out it was, I was soaked in sweat when I was done. That's just for us beginners I guess, because once you can glide, you don't have to sweat like the joggers do.  :-)

Forget the pads and helmets? forget the strap, pads and helmet.  Turn into the direction you are leaning/falling.  The gyros and speed, even a little, will do the rest.  Rode for 15 minutes straight once.  You will get it.

On a side note, the pedals feel tiny to me right now and very uncomfortable, but maybe that "feel" changes once I can balance myself better. I also was surprised how much of a work out it was, I was soaked in sweat when I was done. That's just for us beginners I guess, because once you can glide, you don't have to sweat like the joggers do.  :-)

Brings back memories :lol: Yeah I wished I had my workout HRM so I could have checked what my heart rate was the first few times trying to ride my 9b1.. Because I was soaked. Granted, I was practicing in an empty warehouse in the summer with no AC. But I would have been just as drenched if I was outside. Due to the pressure I was putting on myself "You WILL LEARN THIS!!" hehe

And yes, after another day or two of trying, it'll be one of the most relaxing things you can do. Keep at it! Just think soon it will feel like an extension of yourself and as natural as walking.. And it will be awesome B)

Casey, that's so cool! I feel the same way. I almost have the mounting issue resolved. Been practicing in a long hallway and now I am taking it out at night to really try it out. I am going to use a deserted parking lot and safety gear. I have to get the "no hands" mounting down asap. Then it's off to the races. I made home made pads for my ankle bones and don't feel a thing while learning. I cut and tied styrofoam slats to my inside ankles- works like a charm. 

So I used a helmet (I wasn't going to), NFL defensive lineman hardened gloves, knee pads, lacrosse elbow pads and those home made ankle bone protectors. After messing around in my hallway, I went to the river near me and found an empty parking lot near a power plant. I used my truck to lean on most of the time to get a start- I can't quite get the "hop on" thing yet. Very close, but no cigar. I didn't do as well as I thought I would- the longest attempt was only about 30 feet. My uni took a little beating as I didn't use the strap at 1st. I used the strap after awhile and learned how to get comfortable with it. Man, that does save the uni from damage. My uni is ok, just some character marks on it, which I like.

I was able to hop off when I was about to fall, except one time. That one time was a seriously hard slam to the concrete, because when I went to hop off before the crash, the sole on the sneakers I was wearing wouldn't let go of the grid shape on the uni pedal. I landed on my lower back, where I had no protection. But my hands, knees and elbows were ok when they hit. My head, for some reason, never hit the ground. I have to change what shoes I am going to wear. I thought I wanted grip, but now I don't want TOO much- I want to be able to bail if I have to.

Are you or were you an NFL defensive lineman? Also the strap is good to prevent the uni from being scratched up from learning, but once you are able to go 50+ feet a few times, you should get rid of the strap. It makes a world of difference in the way you initially learn to balance being able to use both arms.

Got mine in finally. It does make me sad though that out of those many orders I am the only one from the big ass state of Texas. I need people to ride with!

I would be feeling super cool, if i were you, like i am the king on Texas, the one only superior being who can glide over the land...

Got mine in finally. It does make me sad though that out of those many orders I am the only one from the big ass state of Texas. I need people to ride with!

Me too!!!  If you think it's bad in Texas imagine how it is in Oklahoma  (where I live).  

So does this mean you now have a Firewheel, a Msuper and a King Song? Or have you sold any of them?

That was me all the way- "I WILL learn this- TONIGHT!" I was so determined that even after getting my foot caught and getting slammed into the concrete, I stopped, felt the pain, thought that's enough for tonight... and then said screw it and kept on working at it. It's pouring rain the rest of the week and possible hurricane all the way through Monday, so I am trying to figure out how to find an indoor place- and you gave me something to go out and look for, an empty warehouse or something like that- brilliant!

Are you or were you an NFL defensive lineman? Also the strap is good to prevent the uni from being scratched up from learning, but once you are able to go 50+ feet a few times, you should get rid of the strap. It makes a world of difference in the way you initially learn to balance being able to use both arms.

Thanks for the reply. No, I learned about those from a friend. I am a lead guitarist and really want my hands protected as much as possible, and I couldn't find a good, form fitting glove that was flexible and yet very tough. I found them at a place called Dick's Sporting Goods. As far as the strap goes- I didn't use it at 1st, but when "Little Darth" started getting marked up, I decided to try it so I could "catch" it before it hit the ground. I didn't think it would work, but it never hit the ground again when I used it.

I plan on getting rid of the strap and all the gear after knowing I have it down pat- all except the gloves- those are staying on for my music career's sake. But yeah, the strap will go like you say, as soon as I make decent progress. Thanks again. I added a photo of the gloves. The bottom of the palms are hard rubber/plastic material as well as on top of the knuckles and fingers, etc. Comfortable, flexible and tough. 

pDSP1-14388534dt.jpg

Archived