Unable to turn off “Please decelerate” on firmware 1.11

Nick McCutcheon

Last night, I upgraded the firmware on a KS14D to version 1.11, and it seems I can no longer disable the “please decelerate” prompt. When the voice prompt switch is off, the horn/overpower alarms become converted to just beeps, but the deceleration prompt doesn’t go away. This is odd, as the switch used to be able to turn that prompt off as well. Has anyone else run into this issue? Using the old android app to disable voice mode doesn’t help either. 

Wow, this update messed everything up! The orange app no longer even connects, and I can’t change the speed limit using the black and green app anymore as there’s a new type of account-related “encryption” going on now. I don’t have a rooted phone so I can’t downgrade the firmware even if I had the file... Damn. Oh well, at least I learned my lesson about updates.

I haven't updated my KS16S to this day, it's still running on FW 1.0  ;)   "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" and all that... Ninebot probably still holds the record for "most wheels bricked by FW update" though :P