Suggestion on MC jacket and trouser

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, Unventor said:

First ride to work or rather as I am leaving.

20190510_155554.thumb.jpg.ecbcdc10a1270e1999638fc40f13a54f.jpg20190510_155513.thumb.jpg.22eec00829dde7d8f017d2ef28926d3b.jpg

I am get a feeling of the practically of the MC clothing. I am picking up new things both great and cons. But I need to ride a bit more in this then I updates my finding and what to consider. 

For now I  am just saying as much protection as simple as possible. But this is kind of an Clark Kent approach in a way. 

It does look pro alike, from bottom to the top.

We did discuss the jacket and trousers before, this is first time I can see you worn the gear.

It does look very good on you :) 

Guest PogArt Artur
On 4/30/2019 at 7:01 PM, Unventor said:

Well I got my order late last week but the MC trousers were a too tight fit, so I had to ship those back to get a bigger size. As soon I get a fittng size I will test the full set. So for now I  decided to wait testing the MC jacket. Just in case I have to change model to get something that fit...my non athletic bodyshape 😊

Btw anyone one from Poland know of stores in general is closed this week? @Seba ?

The webshop has their stock in Poland. Still waiting for them to handle my return shipment. 😔

I hope you've sorted it out sooner than you've thought.

Nice to know your stuff was delivered from my country :)

I hope it was nothing, but smooth transaction.

22 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

It does look pro alike, from bottom to the top.

We did discuss the jacket and trousers before, this is first time I can see you worn the gear.

It does look very good on you :) 

Well I  don't look as fat anymore.... atleast not as fat as with my old gear. 

Guest PogArt Artur
4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well I  don't look as fat anymore.... atleast not as fat as with my old gear. 

So this new gear is actually slimmer fit, compared to previous?

That's very positive :)

36 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

So this new gear is actually slimmer fit, compared to previous?

That's very positive :)

Yes the cut is a slimmer fit and since protection pads are in the MC clothing it is designed to tighter fit for the jacket. 

My old MC gear was a cheap non water resistant puler over ordinary trouser and the jacket was moee barrel shaped especially with chest armor frommy POC protection jacket designed to be inner layer worn.

I also found a way to tighten the fit that I didn't use in the start, and it is real easy to do. It has a belt like strap in upper and lower arm and waist line. It is a sliding mechanism or buckle if you like. 

My upper arm is a bit too short, but now I can tighten it enough for pads to be in right possition.

When I had my first ride in warmer weather like 17-18ish celsius it was acturly quite ok. Wearing shorts and t-shirt underneath.

So far so good. But I am getting hip a chest pads as it is only foam padding as standard. And probably upgrading shoulder and maybe other pads to D3O. As economy allows it. My rehab program cut out 9 days of salary with a delaied 4-8 weeks later sickpay of 80%.

And of course KS16X also incomming, and need a new tyre for the KS18L at some point too.

So back to water and bread...to loose weight and save money 😊 maybe....

So a new update about my MC suit. 

I fitted D3O level2/CE2 pads in knee, elbow and a Alpinestar 2 piece chest plate, plus my old set of hip pads (waiting for D3O hip and shoulder to get Ibstock at local dealer). 

But long story short all zones are now protected. 

I went out for a long ride to my standards of 40ish km. This was errand and shopping ride, dumping of stuff at home the riding out to lunch. 

20190523_115522.thumb.jpg.a222898d245f031ad414520bb518ab1e.jpg

Then some hilly urban old historical path with very steep down hill. Then to a forrest very hilly off-road trail. 

Some might recall my recording last summer of the trail or 80 of the trail 😊 as I got lost there last time. Today I did the full lap. 

High sunshine with occasional cloud. But still not hot only around 16-18 degrees Celsius and a bit windy

But the MC suit performed much better than I anticipated. It does get hot indoors but once outside and a little wind or ridespeed the ventilation works very well. 

I had shorts and t-shirt under the MC suit. Closing up the ventilation openings I think it will work fine most of my non-summer time even without the termo layer installed. Since the trousers fit so tight I have not worn jeans under the MC trousers (yet) but I expect they expand a little so I can have jeans in winter time under. 

I am so happy I decided to invest in this.

Today was my first real cruising adventure and exploring ride for some time. But I never thought it possible but I had an ever wider huge big fat sm on my grinning face today. 

I simply just love this EUC adventure ride style. Just so great. It brings me into a mind of relaxed mindfulness. 

No longer a prisoner of my reumatism. Simply great. 😁😎👍

• Like 1

I fitted D3O level2/CE2 pads in knee, elbow and a Alpinestar 2 piece chest plate, plus my old set of hip pads (waiting for D3O hip and shoulder to get Ibstock at local dealer). 

Did your new suit already have pockets to accept the D30 pads?

No longer a prisoner of my reumatism. Simply great. 😁😎 👍

That’s excellent news! :cheers:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Did your new suit already have pockets to accept the D30 pads?

It had level1 ce1 pads on shoulder,s elbows and knees. and a soft foam on back and hips.

I ordered it with the backplate that is semi soft/stiff. It is made of a rubber/viscos elastic material similar to D3O, just a bit more stiff. 

It is the same for chest cover:

Alpinestars Nucleon KR-Ci Chest Protector

alpinestars-nucleon-kr-c-brostskydd.jpg

The backplate: Alpinestars Nucleon KR-2i

AS650161510-800x800.jpg

As for mt D3O pads it is a OEM standard of the D30

https://www.d3o.com/products/t5-evo-pro-x/

T5-EVO-X-MAIN.png

mine is same shape and size but differed textor imprent to reflect the "brand"

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Unventor said:

It had level1 ce1 pads on shoulder,s elbows and knees. and a soft foam on back and hips.

I appears you will be well protected.

I do miss the days when we didn’t feel the need to wear all of our gladiator gear just to go for a ride.

Just watching old videos of Alex Segmuller@EWheelMotion riding around without gear- gliding carefree through space on his NB1 E+  brings back fond memories. 

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I appears you will be well protected.

I do miss the days when we didn’t feel the need to wear all of our gladiator gear just to go for a ride.

Just watching old videos of Alex Segmuller@EWheelMotion riding around without gear- gliding carefree through space on his NB1 E+  brings back fond memories. 

How fast was it that floated around 🤔 and at what speed do usually cruise around at nowadays? 

What I can say I don't ride as fast a before my shoulder accident... But some times I loose track of speed. 

Now the MC suit I have now is actually quite comfortable and due to the adjustable straps (2 on arms and 1 at waist line) it feels really safe. 

Today I had the first real rain test. Passed with a big 😁

I also had my shoulder scanned with ultra sound today. The verdict is that a all look fairly good😄. My shoulder cap (a slime sack between bones) took a hit but should recover. 

The white tissue (where tendons and muscles meet up as I understood it) took a big hit too on my biceps and triceps muscle. But the white tissue have a very slow healing rate, so in the time frame since my accident (30th march) my physiotherapist think I am doing very well and expect a near to full recovery in time, if I work on it. 😊

But but but.... Do not take another hit on the shoulder in the next 6 months!!! or so... If I do, I am to expect big complications. 😞

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

How fast was it that floated around 🤔 and at what speed do usually cruise around at nowadays? 

My speed is usually dictated by what feels comfortable for each circumstance. If I hear the third alarm I slow down. I don’t use a pebble to record top speeds. No need. 

I also had my shoulder scanned with ultra sound today. The verdict is that a all look fairly good😄.

That’s great news! I knew when your humeral head was dislocated there would a slower healing process than you had originally envisioned.

Hopefully your new gear and pads will provide the necessary protection you are looking for.

43 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

That’s great news! I knew when your humeral head was dislocated there would a slower healing process than you had originally envisioned.

Hopefully your new gear and pads will provide the necessary protection you are looking for.

I feel fairly safe and comfortable with the MC suit and helmet. So far at least, but I also know not to push my luck too far. 

Despite E&A have some nice nurses, I don't think a visit there soon is in my best interests 🙄

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Olav said:

@Unventor Now that its getting warmer, around mid-20s, how does the jacket and trousers hold up to that heat?

Yes it is acturly fine. Right now I try not to have rain layer attached (inside). I open up zipper on the back and flip open chest vents and upper led vents too. Sometimes the lower forearm too. It is fine at 15+kmh, unless you have a damp day as a thunder storm in the air. So far I have not had any issue upto 23ish Celsius. 

• Like 1

A small update with you in mind @Olav.

I went on a 15km detour on my way home from work today. Norwegian weather forecast service YR.NO stated it should be around 27ish Celsius with minor overcast. 

At home in the sun on 4th floor I had 30.5 Celsius which in most cases matched well with in the sun free air flow at ground level. 

I had to go faster than 20kmh to have a for yet warm feeling with all vents open. At 25-30 it feels like room temperature in a minor brose of wind. Trick is to keep head ventilated as upto 50% heat exspells from the head. So to do that I open visor like 1 or 2 steps (or cm). As for weather you can see this in the picture below. Since my accidents I don't ride as fast anymore. As I took the picture wheelloc reported 31 kmh in my build in BT comm in my helmet.

706_afc857a8-628d-4ab0-b750-fc7d1fb85f70

Edited by Unventor
Found a way to post from Irista services.

Well I handed in my MC suit to a tailor yesterday (Monday) and got a call this afternoon that they had made the modifications I asked for. 

They moved the knee protection pockets up 8cm as they were too low for the position I ride my EUC at. And they made a new " stronger" hanging strap as the originals ones didn't handle the extra weight of my upgrade pads. 

Now the knee pads curv much better around my knees, maybe a tiny bit high but much better than before. So tomorrow I test this for the first time I practice. 

Cost of modification about 100$ or 85€ or 900Sek. 😒

But now it fits me much better atleast. 

• Upvote 1