London(ers) calling

rinzler

So I'm thinking I'm all in on this EUC train. Narrowed my options down to the Kingsong KS16S and the Gotway Tesla (newer vers).

But...

I read a post from a Parisienne who said using the Tesla in Paris (metro/bus/train) was a pain. To that end, I wondered how many of the London based EUC users mix it up with bus/train/tube?

It re-ignites my concern about unit weight (17kg for the Gotway I recall). From my e-scooter pov it's why my Zero 2.0 at 8KG was such a major draw over everything else. And I love the freedom of if I needed to I can just jump on public transport (although the intention with the EUC/escooter is to avoid it!)

I guess form factor plays in to this as well. My escooter I can fit fine between my legs on a bus though it's a bit in the way on the middle isle of the tube. Getting on/off can be the main problem though.

So how is it with effectively a 17kg carry case on public transport?

It all depends how much you actually need to carry it...

Remember that both of these wheels have an extendable trolley handle - the one on the Tesla will get you by, but the one on the KS-16S makes it a pleasure to "walk" your wheel.

Obviously stairs are still an obstacle, but if you are talking about tube stations with escalators / lifts and are generally  accessible, then there may not be a lot of actual carrying!

I regularly use my ks18XL commuting in London and take it on the tube/bus/train. 

Most of the time I am pushing it along with the handle (on escalators and getting onto the tube too) and only need to carry it on short flights of stairs entering/exiting a station or hopping onto the bus.  Although it is heavy, I am only carrying it for 10 second stints max so it's not really a problem for me.  The hard part is carrying it up three floors to my flat as there is no lift, but I consider that my exercise for the day!

The main thing I would suggest is to choose a wheel with a trolley handle which is very quick and easy to operate, you don't want to be wasting time at the top or bottom of a staircase trying to pull the handle out with a load of people trying to walk past you (ks16 is good for this).

I agree about the ease of the trolley on the 16S, my daily commuter.  I would get the Tesla if your choice is between the two.  It still has a trolley handle, albeit a little more awkward, but much bigger motor, faster with a larger battery.   The 16S just can’t compete. 

I was out on my e-scooter today just zipping up to liverpool street. I do find that I am riding on the limit when I can (i feather the throttle to not stress the battery/drain it too quick). I do feel limited at 26kmh and also knowing that to take it to 30kmh requires the right road conditions and time to do so. So I'm definitely going with the Tesla with the knowledge that i will likely never go beyond 22mph/37kmh but being assured that I am not riding on the limit. The power is there if I need it. Though frustratingly it seems the inmotion have everyone else licked for acceleration speed.

Do you guys go out to social functions with the EUC? I have been to drinks in pubs/bars with my escooter. I got a carry bag for it (not so much to carry) but to get less grief from bar staff or bouncers saying 'you cant bring that thing in here'. In a bag it just looks like I have maybe camera equipment. Not so easy to do with an unwieldy EUC! 

3 hours ago, Ronko said:

Have never had an issues taking my EUC into a bar/pub or even leaving it in a clock room at a club.

Me neither.  I take mine into a pub about once a week.  i also go shopping on it.  Take a cart, take a basket, put wheel in cart, put basket in cart, check out at basket only till (shorter queue).  A basket load is all I can comfortable carry on a wheel.  More is possible but not comfortable.

So Londoners will anyone be riding this Friday 19th , I'm down for the day around 11oclock dropping someone off at hyde park when i find somewhere to park lol,, does anyone know good parking near hyde park? Anyway if anyone fancys a ride out and probably know where's good to go on the euc just give us a mention and I'll meet you there, I'll be bringing my Z10

18 minutes ago, stephen said:

So Londoners will anyone be riding this Friday 19th

Yeh I'll be around.  I live close to hyde park so convenient for me.  I'll message some other london riders see if they are up for a ride. Can you pm me your number?

As far as parking goes, normally pretty bad but should be ok on good friday.

52 minutes ago, Ronko said:

Yeh I'll be around.  I live close to hyde park so convenient for me.  I'll message some other london riders see if they are up for a ride. Can you pm me your number?

As far as parking goes, normally pretty bad but should be ok on good friday.

I'll pm my number I'm on WhatsApp if you want to message through there also,, it's supposed to be 22 degree's in London on Friday so it should be nice 😊

Archived