Jump to content
Steven D Wheeler

First day riding on 1 leg

Recommended Posts

Thanks for doing these videos. It has helped me get started on riding on on leg.

Bruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good inspiration!  I'll try working on it.  I still suck at one leg and backward, need to get back to doing drills and not just putting in 'Highway miles' on the commute.
Also very useful comment about visualizing, that sounds smart.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One leg riding was really useful when I broke a pedal and had to drive home on one leg. Resting it against the shell works well and is a fun variation. Still working on resting both feet on top of the shell... 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GOod stuff! Am I the only one who finds that riding one leg puts a tad too much pressure on the old knees? I've also had issue from time to time with my foot wanting to slip off the pedal when locked in. I'll have to keep trying, I find it hard to believe (but possible) that I have the worst knees of the bunch here... Thanks for the vid!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried with my 16x and there's a brushing sound like something rubs when leaning that much to one side. Is that normal for this wheel or is something loose, keeping it not centered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many wheels have off centred motors (like they eyeball the axis rather than using a template),
I have that on my Sherman and that rubbing have been reported on every possible model, I havent read about any solution sadly.

Another great thing with hollow bore motors: we might be rid of that issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 5:15 PM, Dreygun said:

I tried with my 16x and there's a brushing sound like something rubs when leaning that much to one side. Is that normal for this wheel or is something loose, keeping it not centered?

You can use motorcycle weight like me to ballance rim and reseat tire. Often help.

PSI can make this beter ot worse experiment wit this.

Tire rubbing on eleg is offten phenomen not big drama. 

Oneleg you push agains case/body to one side and deformate/push shell/case against tire. Is both sided coin. 

Oneleg turning deformate tire some way this pudh agains case too.

Simpy say is 3 forces what want make you tire rubing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

You can use motorcycle weight like me to ballance rim and reseat tire. Often help.

PSI can make this beter ot worse experiment wit this.

Tire rubbing on eleg is offten phenomen not big drama. 

Oneleg you push agains case/body to one side and deformate/push shell/case against tire. Is both sided coin. 

Oneleg turning deformate tire some way this pudh agains case too.

Simpy say is 3 forces what want make you tire rubing.

 

Doesn't sound like the tire, but maybe the hub rim inside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the same on my 16x, it's unfortunate. The wheel is too close to the inner shell. My V5F doesn't have that issue at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Crooznfbroozn said:

I got the same on my 16x, it's unfortunate. The wheel is too close to the inner shell. My V5F doesn't have that issue at all.

Kind of a relief hearing this, knowing there isn't anything wrong with my wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dreygun said:

Kind of a relief hearing this, knowing the same thing is wrong with my wheel as nearly ALL the others.

....fixed that for ya :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

....fixed that for ya :)

Lol true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 8:15 AM, Dreygun said:

I tried with my 16x and there's a brushing sound like something rubs when leaning that much to one side. Is that normal for this wheel or is something loose, keeping it not centered?

Omg, this happens to me too on mine -- good to know something's not wrong (or maybe it's unique to the 16x), as my wheel's taken some good falls while I was learning how to ride.

Have you been able to ride one footed up to now yet on the 16x?

The brushing issue has me wondering how crucial that is to riding one-footed, the pressure from that leg / calf against the shell; or if that's not even needed once you become more skilled at it?

Edited by mploy1515

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mploy1515 said:

Omg, this happens to me too on mine -- good to know something's not wrong (or maybe it's unique to the 16x), as my wheel's taken some good falls while I was learning how to ride.

Have you been able to ride one footed up to now yet on the 16x?

The brushing issue has me wondering how crucial that is to riding one-footed, the pressure from that leg / calf against the shell; or if that's not even needed once you become more skilled at it?

If I'm not mistaken I've seen people balance the wheel away from their leg rather than lean into it. Just not sure how feasible that is on a heavy wheel and a wide tire 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mploy1515 said:

Omg, this happens to me too on mine -- good to know something's not wrong (or maybe it's unique to the 16x), as my wheel's taken some good falls while I was learning how to ride.

Have you been able to ride one footed up to now yet on the 16x?

The brushing issue has me wondering how crucial that is to riding one-footed, the pressure from that leg / calf against the shell; or if that's not even needed once you become more skilled at it?

First wheel and only had for a few weeks now so everything is a first. I just won't bother 1 legging it. Everything else has been perfect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 5:15 PM, Dreygun said:

I tried with my 16x and there's a brushing sound like something rubs when leaning that much to one side. Is that normal for this wheel or is something loose, keeping it not centered?

To me it happens only with the right foot up, with the other I have no issue apparently... :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...